Action Figure Blues Forum
September 23, 2019, 10:34:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Bowen Wrecking Crew Bust Set

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Bowen Wrecking Crew Bust Set  (Read 471 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:57:36 am »

This set was pricey, but well worth it to have this gang on the shelves in mini-bust form.

Check out the review at http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/03/nothing-about-bowen-latest-bust-multi.html

Enjoy!

Andy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:01:58 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 731

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:35:03 pm »

This was the set that almost pushed me over the edge to collecting Bowen busts (I continue to resist tho').
My favourite 4-some of villains and Bowen has done them justice. Great review too Andy.
Report Spam   Logged

TotalToyz
Online Exclusive

QC: 90

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 01:34:13 pm »

Iím pleased that the look chosen for Bulldozer is more classic than modern age. He hasnít always been quite as gigantic as he is now

Maybe, but the 3.75" Secret Wars figure was positively skinny. It looked like someone slapped a Bulldozer head on a Spider-Man.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm TotalToyz, and I approve this message.
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 02:55:42 pm »

Iím pleased that the look chosen for Bulldozer is more classic than modern age. He hasnít always been quite as gigantic as he is now

Maybe, but the 3.75" Secret Wars figure was positively skinny. It looked like someone slapped a Bulldozer head on a Spider-Man.

Shocked

I'm shocked that Crapsbro didn't just create a new buck to do the character justice?!?!
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 07:30:28 pm »

Shocked

I'm shocked that Crapsbro didn't just create a new buck to do the character justice?!?!

Actually, Bulldozer was drawn as pretty much the same size as the rest of the Crew in Secret Wars. The buck overall may be a bit skinny, but they were all depicted as similar in size:

Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
TotalToyz
Online Exclusive

QC: 90

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 06:50:08 am »

Maybe in Secret Bores he was, but in his original appearances he was always somewhat bigger than his teammates.

Report Spam   Logged

I'm TotalToyz, and I approve this message.
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 03:14:34 pm »

When I was putting together my customs of the figures I didn't want Piledriver, Thunderball and Bulldozer to be different sizes. The only reason that Bulldozer is a bigger buck is because it was a choice that suited his costume. It's the Wrecker I want to be a bit bigger.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure