Action Figure Blues Forum
July 07, 2022, 03:34:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Petition to DC Direct: DC Dynamics Flash

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to DC Direct: DC Dynamics Flash  (Read 1227 times)
JBElliott
Pegwarmer

QC: 1

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2011, 11:18:57 am »

Recently, over at StatueForum.com sculptor Tim Bruckner announced that DC Direct had cancelled the DC Dynamics line of statues just as he had finished a prototype for a Flash Dynamics piece.  The Flash prototype was awesome (see below) and it's a real pity that DC Direct cancelled the line.

So, how about a little petition to persuade DC Direct to make Tim Bruckner's Flash for DC Dynamics, which of course means wooing Bruckner to come back and work for (or run) DC Direct.

Who's with me?

Post this in any other forum or anywhere else that is appropriate.

Tweet it and face book it too.

Tweet this:

@DC_NATION should get @THBruckner to do his Flash DC Dynamics statue and probably let him run the statue arm of DCDirect.

Some pictures of the prototype were originally posted here, but I'll show some here too to show how great it is:

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 04:44:29 pm »

DC Direct canceled a line?!?!?!  Shocked Frankly I'm shocked because it's so unlike them. *insert sarcastic smiley*

Good luck in your petition, but honestly, given DCD's history I think you'd be better off commissioning Bruckner to finish the piece for you personally.
Report Spam   Logged

Polarboy
Online Exclusive

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 04:28:38 am »

Do you think they rush too many of these out too quickly for most people? The flash one is certainly dynamic I'm having trouble picturing it as part of the line but i'm sure translucent it would have been awesome.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 05:42:09 am »

It looks beautiful. What a shame. I have to admit I share FMS' pessimism regarding any chance that DCD would change it mind, but I'm happy to give it the old college try!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 06:23:34 am »

I don't want to be negative at all but DCD have a proven track record of never finishing any lines unfortunately,much to my distress many times before.

However saying that from what i can see of Bruckner's initial Sculpt he would indeed be an amazing piece.Count me in as signed on.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
JBElliott
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:43:46 am »

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not overly optimistic about the petition working, but with edition sizes of only of 1,500 it seems like it wouldn't be impossible to show DC Direct they've got a consumer base willing to buy.

I've posted this on five forums so far: here, here, here and here.

I've also tweeted to @DC_NATION several times and some others have too. Again, with edition sizes of only 1,500 it doesn't seem like we'd need that many people to tweet, e-mail, FaceBook and so on.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:05:50 pm by JBElliott » Report Spam   Logged
dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 05:55:49 am »

Very nice. If it does make to it production it'll be a very hard piece to pass by.
Report Spam   Logged
JBElliott
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 10:14:30 am »

Very nice. If it does make to it production it'll be a very hard piece to pass by.

Let DC Direct know how you feel on their FaceBook page and on Twitter @DC_NATION.
Report Spam   Logged
JBElliott
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 09:27:28 am »

I just had this thought: DC Direct could get two for one out of this statue by releasing a simple repaint as a Reverse Flash DC Dynamics. That's twice the reason for making this!

There have been over 50 responses and more than 1560 views of the petition over at the StatueForum.

I've posted the petition here and elsewhere:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=117095
http://www.kordindustries.com/dc-direct/1848.htm
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94069
http://www.afbforum.com/index.php/topic,2805.0.html
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21809
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 08:29:53 pm »

It would be great if DCD was more accessible on these matters. They're not in the habit of being particularly chatty. With Georg gone, do we even know who is running the show?

I wouldn't be interested in Reverse Flash, but I would buy this statue in a heartbeat.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
JBElliott
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 11:19:10 am »

Yeah, it would be nice if DC Direct were more accessible like Bowen Designs.

I'm not sure what's going on with DC Direct, but given that these statues usually only have a few thousand made, it seems reasonable that if a few thousand people let DC Direct know they were interested in the statue, they'd make it.  Of course that would mean the DC Direct was reasonable.
Report Spam   Logged
JBElliott
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 09:50:23 am »

I put up a petition on Twitter here: http://twitition.com/f9fwx if you tweet and like Tim's sculpt, sign the petition.
Report Spam   Logged
JBElliott
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 03:58:40 pm »

Two signatures so far!
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »

I've signed now! I'll look at posting info about this at the AFB Blog in the next few days.
Report Spam   Logged

JBElliott
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 11:28:27 am »

Thanks!

The number of signatures has increased by 250% overnight!

Also, DCD could do a repaint of this and release a Prof. Zoom Dynamics as well.  It would be a big money maker!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure