Action Figure Blues Forum
July 07, 2022, 03:00:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Kotobukiya Marvel Bishoujo Statues: added Invisible Woman

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Kotobukiya Marvel Bishoujo Statues: added Invisible Woman  (Read 1252 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:55:23 am »

This review leaves us wondering: has Koto gone in a new direction for the scale of their Marvel Bishoujo pieces, or has Ms Marvel *really* been exposed to too much radiation over the years?

Read about it here: http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/07/kotobukiya-finds-ms-marvel-but-loses.html

Enjoy!

Andy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:59:48 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 07:28:00 am »

Very cool piece and it is surprising that she's so much larger.I'm assuming this is a first inconsistency in scale for them?Must have borrowed their Ruler from DCD.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
ryanlb
Limited Edition

QC: 30

My life is so much more interesting inside my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:25:41 pm »

The way I heard it is, due to fan demand the Marvel line has been rescaled to match the DC line.  Too many complaints about them being smaller than the DC line.  And Mr Marvel was the first to get the upgrade.
I almost think they said they'd reissue one of the earlier ones in the new size, but I don't know if I'm making that up or not.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 06:40:00 pm »

The way I heard it is, due to fan demand the Marvel line has been rescaled to match the DC line.  Too many complaints about them being smaller than the DC line.  And Mr Marvel was the first to get the upgrade.
I almost think they said they'd reissue one of the earlier ones in the new size, but I don't know if I'm making that up or not.

Any idea where you read this, Ryan? I have done a bit of looking and haven't seen any official Koto comment about it.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
ryanlb
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 06:49:00 pm »

I didn't read it.  It was on a podcast, probably the Marvelicious Toys Podcast by Arnie and Marjorie.  I'm thinking it might have been their Toy Fair coverage, but I'm not sure on that.  But they talked to somebody from Koto at whatever event they were at and asked about the size difference between the DC and Marvel line, and that's what they were told.  I probably did make up the part about an earlier figure being re-released, though.

I believe it was Episode #9, Feb 28, coverage of Toy Fair 2011.  But I haven't listened to that episode since March, so I might be mistaken, but the show notes make it look like the correct one.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:52:02 pm by ryanlb » Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:18 pm »

Cool, thanks. I do listen to Marvelicious Toys but started after that episode, so I will download it.  Thumbs Up
Report Spam   Logged

ryanlb
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 06:56:10 pm »

You mean when you start listening to a new podcast you don't obsessively go back and listen to every single past episode, trying to keep up with new ones and old ones at the same time? 

Or am I'm the only one that does that?  cuckoo.gif
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:06 pm »

I haven't been in the habit of doing that, no. I don't get stacks of listening time so keeping up with the current episodes of the 4-5 podcasts I regularly follow is hard enough!
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 07:08:06 pm »

Also, I was just looking at Kastor's Korner's SDCC Koto Coverage and saw this pic:

Looks like Mystique and X-23 are pretty much in scale with Emma Frost, which means that Ms Marvel is still just bizarrely big for the line. Invisible Woman is a tad bigger (I have her already so can attest) than the earlier pieces but nowhere near Ms Marvel size. Hm.
Report Spam   Logged

ryanlb
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 11:01:47 am »

it could just be perspective, but Mystique looks bigger than Emma to me. Her legs look much thicker than Emma's.  But eh, I don't care.  I won't end up with enough of them for scale to matter (odds are good I won't ever end up with ANY of them, but I'll try).
Dammit, I just realized my cousin picked up Evil Supergirl, and Invisible woman from SDCC, but he didn't get Diamond Emma for me.  Bugger.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 06:54:35 pm »

it could just be perspective, but Mystique looks bigger than Emma to me. Her legs look much thicker than Emma's.  But eh, I don't care.  I won't end up with enough of them for scale to matter (odds are good I won't ever end up with ANY of them, but I'll try).
Dammit, I just realized my cousin picked up Evil Supergirl, and Invisible woman from SDCC, but he didn't get Diamond Emma for me.  Bugger.

Now that I look at it, you're right. If Mystique was standing she'd be taller. Grumble grumble grumble.....
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 02:30:27 am »

I was looking at this while at SDCC and all I could notice was that they scales do look like they're all over the place. It's a shame because if they'd been more careful it could have been an amazing series.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 05:48:37 am »

I was looking at this while at SDCC and all I could notice was that they scales do look like they're all over the place. It's a shame because if they'd been more careful it could have been an amazing series.

Yep, it's a real shame. Definitely takes a little bit of the shine off it all.  Thumbs Down
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 07:01:14 am »

Here's the next in the Bishoujo line - Invisible Woman. I really like this piece, but there are a couple of issues that keep me from loving it.

Read about it here: http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/10/kotobukiya-bishoujo-invisible-woman-won.html

And here's a tease:

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure