Action Figure Blues Forum
January 19, 2022, 02:55:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ask Matty Questions needed for 30 August!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask Matty Questions needed for 30 August!  (Read 1133 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 10:22:14 pm »

On the 15th we'll be getting our first set of "Ask Matty" answers and need to submit a new set as well.

So far we have:

1) Will the WWE Legends figures who win the fan choice be released according to most votes first? And are we guaranteed to see the five winners or could low sales see some of them unreleased?

We need more! 

FMS - your question about team completion for DCUC is what we all woud like to know, but the sub may have tanked by the time the answers come, so I wonder if we should wait on that one?

Post your ideas here!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 01:17:00 am »

Aside from the Legion boxed set, are there any more DCUC figures/sets planned for MattyCollector?
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 06:19:21 pm »

Okay gang - we need at least three more questions as soon as possible! Thinking caps on please!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 04:33:42 am »

Unless I've missed it somewhere....

What does "no more waves" mean regarding the future of DCUC at retail? Will that mean assorted figures will just randomly appear in toy aisles?
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 08:17:53 pm »

Okay folks, our questions for the 15th have been submitted and are below.'

We need a good range of questions for the next round on the 30th. Please keep them coming!

Qs for 15/8/11:

Thanks!

Here's our set for the next round:

1) Will the WWE Legends figures who win the fan choice be released according to most votes first? And are we guaranteed to see the five winners or could low sales see some of them unreleased?

2) Can you please explain what "no more waves" for DCUC (or whatever it becomes) means exactly? How will future figures appear at retail?

3) The MOTUC Star Sisters set will cost $60 and is part of the subscription for 2012. For those who would like to try and budget for the expense of the subs is there a price ceiling for items that are included in the subscriptions?

4) We are looking forward to the Legion of Superheroes DCUC Boxed Set! Are there are other larger selections of characters like this in the pipeline?

5) Could you explain the reason that you prefer subscriptions over a pre-order system for individual products?
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 04:02:34 am »

4) We are looking forward to the Legion of Superheroes DCUC Boxed Set! Are there are other larger selections of characters like this in the pipeline?

If this was my question it's not what I meant. I was wondering if any DCUC will sell via MattyCollector anymore. Sets, 2-packs, singles, etc?
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 05:30:55 am »

Good questions there,sorry i didn't contribute but as i have next to zero investment in any of their lines i couldn't think of anything clever to ask.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 06:28:53 am »

If this was my question it's not what I meant. I was wondering if any DCUC will sell via MattyCollector anymore. Sets, 2-packs, singles, etc?

I get you - I thought that the answer to that will be "Yes, through the sub.". What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 05:13:13 pm »

I get you - I thought that the answer to that will be "Yes, through the sub.". What do you think?

I was thinking of more 2-packs like Animal Man/Bwanna Beast. But they've also done the occasional single figure sell too. If you can't afford/don't want the sub and are not interested in DCnu at retail is that it after the Legion set?
Report Spam   Logged

Polarboy
Online Exclusive

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 02:22:20 am »

I would like it if we could get a date of release for the legion boxset from them.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Terrific
Limited Edition

QC: 88

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 09:28:43 pm »

My question:

One of my all time favorite DCUC figures is Jonah Hex.  I see different details in the paint and sculpt each time I look at it.  Who was behind this character's design and was his appearance leveraged by the timing of the movie?
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 10:20:04 pm »

I like both those questions.

It's a shame DCUC is dying. I was really hoping for a Comm Gordon figure around the release of the next bat-film.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 06:36:48 am »

My question:

One of my all time favorite DCUC figures is Jonah Hex.  I see different details in the paint and sculpt each time I look at it.  Who was behind this character's design and was his appearance leveraged by the timing of the movie?

Great question in its own right - and also because it's so different from the majority of what is being asked.  Thumbs Up
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Terrific
Limited Edition

QC: 88

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 06:51:28 am »

I say this in all honesty- the tone change will win you points big time.

And it's not bullshit.  Jonah is simply perfect.  I need a horse for him.

I have a bunch of these questions- start out with praise and then ask away.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 06:55:15 am »

I say this in all honesty- the tone change will win you points big time.

And it's not bullshit.  Jonah is simply perfect.  I need a horse for him.

I have a bunch of these questions- start out with praise and then ask away.

I'm all for it. There's too much negativity and complaining out there at the moment. We're meant to ENJOY this hobby, after all.  Thumbs Up
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure