Action Figure Blues Forum
July 01, 2022, 06:00:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ask Matty Questions needed for 15 October!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask Matty Questions needed for 15 October!  (Read 538 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:10:34 am »

You may have noticed we didn't have Ask Matty answers for 15 Sept. I won't bore with the silly snafu in Mattelworld that caused us to miss a cycle. I tried my best.

These are the questions will be receiving answers for on 1 Oct:

1) One of my all time favorite DCUC figures is Jonah Hex.  I see different details in the paint and sculpt each time I look at it.  Who was behind this character's design and was his appearance leveraged by the timing of the movie?

2)Iím worried about the spring-loaded "one touch auto transformation" feature which "transforms" the parts of Voltron into the individual Lions. What is being done to ensure the springs donít wear out? Will this feature restrict the articulation on the legs of the Lions?

3) I am actually excited about the DCnU figures to a point.  Will there be variants (classic versions) of characters released with the new line?  I know this will result in some re-releases, but it would give classic collectors something to look forward to at retail.

4) Now that Filmation characters seem to be on the table for MOTUC, can we expect to see Filmation-styled repaints of existing characters as well as characters unique to the Filmation series?

5) Are there any Mattycollector exclusive items for DCUC currently in the works that will be offered outside the Club Infinite Earths Sub?

We also need to get five new questions in before 1 Oct. Ideas please??
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:21:11 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »

Nicely done Andy, some great questions.

Not sure if it will be answered as part of Q5 above, but I wonder if there will be any scope to re-release DCUC waves, sets, or figures from the past the way MOTU does? (For example, the Sinestro Corps 2-pack)
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 08:22:22 am »

There is no Matty Q&A for 15 October which means our next set of questions isn't due until then and will be answered on 1 Nov. We need more ideas please! We did a great job with the last round so let's keep them specific!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 03:56:53 pm »

I can't think of nuffin'

Since I only collect DCUC from Mattel I think I've gotten about as much as I'm going to get from them since they are reluctant to talk about future waves or licenses. I may have asked this somewhere else, but I wondered if MattyCollector was likely to offer previous waves for sale much the way they did with Wave 5 or some of the 2-packs which came around a few times (Bwanna Beast/Animal Man).

What I'd also be interested in.....would Matty ever offer previous C&C figures for sale separately? There's no tooling required since the figures are already done.

Okay, so maybe I still have a question or two.
Report Spam   Logged

TotalToyz
Online Exclusive

QC: 90

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:56:28 pm »

Boxers or briefs?
Report Spam   Logged

I'm TotalToyz, and I approve this message.
Polarboy
Online Exclusive

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:01:30 pm »

Maybe something about international distribution. How it would be nice to buy the fuckers in a shop in Australia.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 09:48:59 pm »

Boxers or briefs?

neither unless court ordered.

Maybe something about international distribution. How it would be nice to buy the fuckers in a shop in Australia.

My understanding is that there are wholesalers who have Mattel import rights (Barbie is everywhere), they simply either don't get them or don't push them.
Toys 'Rnt Us Australia have made it clear that 6" superhero action figures are dead (from the giraffe's mouth)
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 07:04:12 pm »

Hey gang -need to submit these today - anything else??
Report Spam   Logged

dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 08:05:11 pm »

*insert angry tirade about club infinite reveals*
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 10:37:56 pm »

*insert angry tirade about club infinite reveals*

Do know what's been revealed for the sub for sure, though? Most of the reveals have been Batman Legacy, and Larfleeze is retail, right?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure