Action Figure Blues Forum
December 09, 2019, 10:31:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Bowen FS Statues: added Banshee

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Bowen FS Statues: added Banshee  (Read 520 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:11:26 am »

I had some concerns about this statue before it arrived, and I'm pleased to say they were all for naught. This is a really brilliant piece with some very impressive detail!

Check it out at: http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/10/bowen-winter-soldier-is-great-surprise.html

Enjoy!

Andy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:33:36 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:28:59 pm »

Very nice piece Andy.Great detail,slick Pics and a thorough Review.I hope your new Mancave is gonna have lots of room.

So clear this up for the Marvel naive who has never read any Capt America please.Bucky is Winter Soldier in the Comics,so is he a good guy or a bad guy?In the Movie when Cap lost him i figured that wasn't canon to the Comics as he was was Cap's Sidekick for some time i imagine and much younger during that time as well.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 732

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »

That is a nice piece indeed and my favourite incarnation of Mr Barnes. I thought it came with a swap out head but I must be thinking of the ML figure.

Bucky was picked up by the Russians and brainwashed into becoming an assassin for them. They'd freeze, then unfreeze him whenever they needed him (explaining his age). He got away from the baddies and reformed, then became the new Cap after the old Cap got killed by his girlfriend, but then Bucky-Cap got killed by the Red Skull's daughter who is actually the new Red Skull as the old Red Skull died (again) and so the old Cap who was lost in time came back and took over as the new Cap.....again.

Seriously.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 06:34:34 am »

I'm very excited to be adding one of my most-wanted Bowen statues to my collection - the X-Men's Banshee. Bowen has really knocked this one right out of the park!

Check it all out here: http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/10/bowen-belts-out-superb-banshee.html

Enjoy!

Andy
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 732

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 04:56:43 pm »

One thing that really stands out is the colouring. Just superb. Nice one Andy!
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 05:14:06 am »

One thing that really stands out is the colouring.

Yep,that struck me straight away too,super bold Paints that draw you in.That Base too is bloody clever,the dynamic of him taking off from it makes for a real eye-catching piece.Great score there mate.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure