Action Figure Blues Forum
August 21, 2019, 05:18:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ask Matty Answers for 15 Nov 2011 - Discuss here!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask Matty Answers for 15 Nov 2011 - Discuss here!  (Read 615 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:11:56 pm »

Matty has sent in their latest lot of non-answers for our perusal:

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/11/its-time-for-another-round-of-ask-matty.html

Discuss here!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 731

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:08:55 am »

The Legion answer was much better than a "nothing planned for now'".
Report Spam   Logged

bowspearer
The anti-Santa Claus
Chase Figure

QC: -25

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:46:59 am »

"non-answer" is right. The more these Q&A sessions happen with Matty, the more of a white elephant they appear to be.
Report Spam   Logged

Just think of me as the anti-Santa Claus- I show up several timed a year with toys I keep for myself.

Check out my collection here: http://www.afbforum.com/index.php/topic,2646.msg47466.html#msg47466

And my for sale list here: http://www.afbforum.com/index.php/topic,2646.0.htm
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 05:26:37 am »

Matty should go into Politics,stay tuned!

Thanks for making AFB a part of this Andy.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
JQ3x29yz4a
Limited Edition

QC: 242

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 01:41:53 pm »

The Legion answer could have been more exciting -- lost opportunity for Mattel. Something more concrete would have been nice. Are there specific characters that the 4H and Mattel team would like? Have they discussed alternatives to another 12-pack, like maybe a 6-pack, some 2-packs, singles, etc? Although I think another 12-pack would sell very well ...
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »

The Legion answer could have been more exciting -- lost opportunity for Mattel. Something more concrete would have been nice. Are there specific characters that the 4H and Mattel team would like? Have they discussed alternatives to another 12-pack, like maybe a 6-pack, some 2-packs, singles, etc? Although I think another 12-pack would sell very well ...

It seems whenever Matty does one of the bigger packs they sell pretty well. Hope this gives them the incentive to do more.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 01:23:13 am »

I think another large pack is the way to go. The best way to get people to buy the really oddball characters we need (Tyroc, Chemical King) is to pack them with the characters that are more likely to be considered essential to complete the Legion like Mon-El, Sun Boy and Phantom Girl.

I'll be very surprised if they don't repeat the large pack approach considering how successful this was. I'd love an All Star Squadron or a Secret Society of Super-villains set!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 01:25:01 am »

I think another large pack is the way to go. The best way to get people to buy the really oddball characters we need (Tyroc, Chemical King) is to pack them with the characters that are more likely to be considered essential to complete the Legion like Mon-El, Sun Boy and Phantom Girl.

I'll be very surprised if they don't repeat the large pack approach considering how successful this was. I'd love an All Star Squadron or a Secret Society of Super-villains set!

ON one of the other "Ask Matty" Q&As they said nothing was planned.  Sad

They did confirm that Thom will come with an alternate unmasked 'bearded' head though.
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 05:44:36 am »

They did confirm that Thom will come with an alternate unmasked 'bearded' head though.

Well that's a bit of a move in the right direction anyways.Ideally i reckon they should have done a younger Head to fit in with all the recently released Legion Figs.Still,it's something at least.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 06:33:55 am »

I wonder what buck they'll use though - I suspect the Wildfire / Ultra Boy one which means he'll be huge.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure