Action Figure Blues Forum
October 19, 2019, 04:53:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DC Direct becomes DC Collectibles, launches Online Store

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Direct becomes DC Collectibles, launches Online Store  (Read 371 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2012, 06:15:47 pm »

The press release and my thoughts can be found at:

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2012/04/dc-direct-re-launches-as-dc.html

Thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 06:24:03 pm »

Don't really care. The only thing they were making that I was vaguely interested in, i.e some of the DCNu figures, is now looking rubbish.
Report Spam   Logged
TotalToyz
Online Exclusive

QC: 90

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:06:03 pm »

Yeah, whatever happened to DC Direct?? They used to do such great stuff. Classic Legionnaires (though only one female); Uncle Sam and Phantom Lady; Silver-Age Crime Syndicate...when did they lose their vision?
Report Spam   Logged

I'm TotalToyz, and I approve this message.
Polarboy
Online Exclusive

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:51:24 pm »

I could be completely wrong but i took this to mean that they were moving away from action figures and focusing on high end stuff. Oh well time will tell I guess
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 731

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 04:57:38 am »

"The first online exclusive is a Flashpoint Action Figure Box Set"

Bwahahahah! Yeah, I'll be getting up at 2am to order that one before it sells out. Y'know, between the total gutting of the action figure line and the reboot of the Covergirls of the DC Universe I'm no longer getting a single thing from DC Direct. Well done to their chief creative officer.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 06:01:13 am »

Don't really care. The only thing they were making that I was vaguely interested in, i.e some of the DCNu figures, is now looking rubbish.

I noticed this pic in the recent DCD solicits which made me feel better about Flash, if in fact this is the version we're getting:

Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 06:45:03 am »

Yeah, whatever happened to DC Direct?? They used to do such great stuff. Classic Legionnaires (though only one female); Uncle Sam and Phantom Lady; Silver-Age Crime Syndicate...when did they lose their vision?

Exactly!

I hafta say i'm feeling the same as Dozy and DCD have done all my fave 6" figures and been my brand of choice over the years.I literally have one piece that i'm getting from MikeS when it's released and then nothing more anywhere in the forseeable future.

And if they keep cancelling Trades like they have been then they're gonna get less and less from me altogether.Sad state of affairs really.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:04 am »

?? What trades have they cancelled?
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 06:53:31 am »

?? What trades have they cancelled?

I'd have to dig out my list to tell you the exact ones now.But it was all collected Title Storylines that finished in the months close to before the NU was implemented,JSA,JLA,All Stars and some others.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 06:59:07 am »

huh. I seem to have gotten all the ones I was collecting - just got pre-nU Teen Titans and Legion trades today.  think.gif
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:31 am »

huh. I seem to have gotten all the ones I was collecting - just got pre-nU Teen Titans and Legion trades today.  think.gif

I don't know what the story is.I just send through my request list to my Comics Supplier and he's been coming back saying DC has pulled this or that Trade to be released at a later date.So he can't leave them on order as Diamond or whoever they get them from has no idea if they truly will be re-solicited later on.And it's not like it's obscure Titles that i collect.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure