Action Figure Blues Forum
April 21, 2019, 07:35:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

NiteOwl's stuff..... Krang's Android body completed pg 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NiteOwl's stuff..... Krang's Android body completed pg 16  (Read 5926 times)
NiteOwl
Administrator
Online Exclusive

QC: 218

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:59:08 am »

Thanks for asking me to come over, Scott. Here is a mixture of some of the customs I have done...

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:50:30 pm by NiteOwl » Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:05:27 am »

Great to have you - make sure you check out your welcome thread (right after I post it) - and nice work - love that Tick!!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Xander
Variant

QC: 8

I dig puppets...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 03:52:49 pm »

I think I remember you from Fwoosh!  The Watchmen figures kick all kinds of ass!  I love the head on the Comedian and the cloth cape on Nite-Owl, a really great idea!  Also anyone who can paint any version of Rorschach's face is aces in my book!

I like your Dredd better than ToyBiz's and did you sculpt the Tick head?  It's brilliant!
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 05:11:52 pm »

Welcome to the Customs Board NiteOwl and what a great start.
Loving your Watchmen figs,clever idea on Niteowls Cape and Comedian is my definite fave here.That's a Punisher head yeah?
The Tick is spot on for mind and Dredd to e lloks like one hell of an effort.

Glad to see them all mate and look forward to seeing more offerings from you.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 05:15:12 pm »

What's the base / recipe for Tick?
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
NiteOwl
Administrator
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 09:02:36 pm »

Thanks guys, Dredd hasn't fared well over the years, I'm still thinking of combining a Punisher base with LCBH Dredd. I sculpted the Tick head from scratch and the base is a modified Sinister Six Venom. Thanks for looking guys.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 08:11:43 am »

Wow, from scratch? That's an amazing talent!!
Report Spam   Logged

NiteOwl
Administrator
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 03:23:59 am »

Thanks, Andy. Here is another older custom that I did about a year or so ago,

The base is a Black Panther, with claws, ears etc dremelled off. I used sculpey to fill in the holes under his belt. I painted the lower half with silver paint and dry brushed white over the top. I mixed metallic blue paint with a darker blue for the top half, I dry brushed that area with black and painted all other areas by hand. I painted the lines to the "Spidey" mouth bit, the lines just aren't showing up too well. I don't know a hell a lot about Captain Universe, only that I really loved the What If issue were Spidey gets to keep the Uni-Power, I lifted the following from Wiki .......
The Uni-Power is an extra-dimensional force that possesses an individual (or on one occasion, twins) in a time of crisis, transforming that person into Captain Universe. As Captain Universe, the transformed person typically retains his or her original personality and appearance, though with Captain Universe's costume and heroic traits superimposed over the original. Captain Universe generally possesses superhuman strength, flight, X-ray vision, telekinesis, enhanced senses, and a psychic awareness of imminent danger; when a person already possessing one or more of these abilities was transformed into Captain Universe, those abilities were amplified by vast amounts.

Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 04:00:17 am »

Very nice work mate - like the comparison shot with the figure and the comic - nice!!
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 04:25:19 am »

Great work there Niteowl,Metallics are such a bugger to work in but you've pulled it off really well.Good job mate!
Report Spam   Logged

Xander
Variant

QC: 8

I dig puppets...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 05:15:22 pm »

I agree with FB!  Stellar paint apps on Spidey!
Report Spam   Logged

NiteOwl
Administrator
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 09:21:48 pm »

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the kind words. Here is another one from the vault.

Now for CAPTAIN CARROT!
Rodney was a cartoonist who lived in Gnu York (a parody of New York, New York) and worked for "BC Comics", his world's version of DC Comics, writing and drawing the comic book series, "Just'a Lotta Animals" (a parody of the Justice League of America). While working in his office, Rodney found a windowbox where he was growing carrots was hit by a meteor fragment launched by Starro the Conqueror. Upon eating one of the irradiated carrots, or "cosmic carrots," Rodney found himself turned into a superpowered rabbit. Donning an old Halloween costume, Rodney teamed up with other super-powered animals affected by the same meteor's fragments, and the group (with the aid of Superman, who Rodney had met just before discovering his irradiated carrots) defeated Starro. Afterwards, the animals decided to form the superhero team called the Zoo Crew, with Captain Carrot as its leader.
The base is the Superman that came with Bats in the 2 pack a few years ago and all the rest is sculpey, 4 coats of yellow paint later and here he is........

Comments are always appreciated,

NiteOwl
Report Spam   Logged
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 10:04:38 pm »

Now there's a fig you don't expect to see,what a great idea.Really nice job on the headsculpt there and big props on working with 2 of the most difficult paint colours there are,Red and yellow.And together it's even more challenging but you've turned out a really fun piece there.I like it a lot!
Report Spam   Logged

JackKnight
Advisor
Online Exclusive

QC: 136

Your Friendly Neighborhood Sumbitch.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 10:28:17 pm »

I still want that Captain Carrot.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Trend is the Death of the Individual