Action Figure Blues Forum
August 11, 2020, 04:44:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Iron Man Mark III 1:1 Helmet review

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Man Mark III 1:1 Helmet review  (Read 307 times)
Michael Crawford
Online Exclusive

QC: 101

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2009, 05:34:09 pm »

Things are a bit quiet right now...but I do have a high end item up tonight. I recently received my Iron Man Mark III 1:1 scale prop replica helmet, but I had some issues with it that I wanted to try to resolve before reviewing. I have a resolution, so the review went up tonight! If you're considering this one, or even already have it coming, I'd check out the review.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:15:09 pm »

Really detailed review MC! Thanks!

Before I read your review I thought this would be one of the coolest collectibles you could own. After your review?....not so much. Issues with the brass surface aside, the chipping of the red paint would be too much for me. For that kind of money, the less than flawless surface is simply a no go.
Report Spam   Logged

bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 192

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:31:41 pm »

Pretty nice replica, but not for $350.  Some serious flaws for such an expensive piece.
Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 05:46:40 am »

Firstly thanks for the Review Michael and for staying with genuine photos to show it"a la natural."That was a really clever call on your part.

That's a lot of money for not much pay-off.To me the screws that hinge the face plate seem to be fixed crookedly like they're cross threaded.You can see the machining in the faceplate and the joints are badly finished.And it will tarnish pretty much no matter what unless you can get a vacuum-sealed display case for it.And then only maybe.
Hate to say it but it looks like something a fanboy built in his backyard shed.Really disappointing effort on what should be a stellar piece.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 05:55:32 am »

Firstly thanks for the Review Michael and for staying with genuine photos to show it"a la natural."That was a really clever call on your part.

That's a lot of money for not much pay-off.To me the screws that hinge the face plate seem to be fixed crookedly like they're cross threaded.You can see the machining in the faceplate and the joints are badly finished.And it will tarnish pretty much no matter what unless you can get a vacuum-sealed display case for it.And then only maybe.
Hate to say it but it looks like something a fanboy built in his backyard shed.Really disappointing effort on what should be a stellar piece.

Cheesy

My thoughts exactly, I was just trying to be subtle....
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 06:03:21 am »

Cheesy

My thoughts exactly, I was just trying to be subtle....

I'm getting too old to be subtle my Wife just told me.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 06:11:12 am »

Good review, good advice and good warning MC.

I have to ask - did you try it on? No helmet on pix?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Michael Crawford
Online Exclusive

QC: 101

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 07:15:35 am »

Of course I tried it on! But I'm not nearly stupid enough to put a photo of myself out there in an IM helmet. If I ever do anything that stupid, please just shoot me. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 07:44:20 am »

Noted.

Of course we'll have to get one of our US based members to do the hit, but I'll see to it, I assure you.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 07:07:36 pm »

Of course I tried it on! But I'm not nearly stupid enough to put a photo of myself out there in an IM helmet....

Double dare you  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 05:47:11 am »

C'mon Michael you know you want to.
Without all your Phtoshopping we can see you in the reflection of the Helmet.That's a new feature,you can get readers to play"Where's Michael"in every new review. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 06:28:00 am »

Without all your Phtoshopping we can see you in the reflection of the Helmet.That's a new feature,you can get readers to play"Where's Michael"in every new review. Cheesy

I dunno about that. It just reminds me of that fellow who took the photo of the teapot for ebay!!
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 07:44:36 am »

But next time, wear clothes when you're photographing, m'kay? I was eating when I saw that..........  Tongue  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure