Action Figure Blues Forum
August 11, 2020, 05:08:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

YOUR JLU Top Ten! Vote here!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YOUR JLU Top Ten! Vote here!  (Read 4578 times)
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 06:05:11 am »

No wuckers,done! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 06:05:43 am »

"wuckers"Huh???
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 06:18:34 am »

"wuckers"Huh???

No fucking worries=no wucking furries=wuckers.Classic rhyming slang cut down for the Aussie"economy in speech"way of speaking.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 06:34:03 am »

LOL - never heard that one either!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Kimmel Prime
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2009, 08:04:41 am »

Be up today, trying to get some pictures together to make it look nice. Though my enthusiasm is just about gone since I don't like the fact Mattel keeps threatening it's customers to buy something they don't want to get something they will want. Don't get too excited about that LOSH pack Andy, I'll be shocked if they actually sell it
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2009, 08:16:35 am »

Thanks for your efforts KP. I think we'll get the first Legion pack (they have set a date after all) but am not going to hold my breath for any more.
Report Spam   Logged

Kimmel Prime
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2009, 08:19:19 am »

Which is a damn bit ridiculous, just like with DCIH, the first thing they put out has to be one of the most lackluster products you can imagine. Sure the Gotham pack was kinda cool, but had they started with Shazam or LOSH they probably would have done better. I am just going to laugh when they go through the big names on MOTU and are producing big numbers on MOTU third stringers and threatening those fans with cancellation when someone doesn't sell out in three days
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2009, 08:26:25 am »

Have they said something about this in relation JLU that I've missed?
Report Spam   Logged

Kimmel Prime
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2009, 08:28:26 am »

Hey Toy fans,

Wanted to give a quick update on JLU product.

There has indeed been a delay in getting the Target figures to store. Here is what happened. The Cheetah and Batman Beyond packs were supposed to ship in Jan but the plant producing them litterally shut down. (hey, the economy is bad all over the world right now).

This meant back in Dec we needed to start this wave over again which set us back almost 3 months. Not the best foot forward, but sometimes these things are way out of our control.

Never the less, the figures are on the way and should be in Target's soon. But this has pushed back the roll out and all the waves for 2009 are now about three months late. (but once we get new product out, there should not be any further delays).

In other JLU news, we are going forward with the next MattyCollector.com 4 pack, Legion of Superheroes which will be on sale May 15th. However, it is no secret that the Gotham Criminals pack (still on sale now on MattyCollector.com!) has not sold to expectations.

As a JLU collector myself, nothing would be cooler than to keep JLU four packs going indefinately on my webstore. But unless sales pick up with this next pack, sadly that may not be the case. We can only produce figures for Matty.com if fans are buying them. Quite litterally this is your chance to vote with your purchase.

We will go forward with the LOSH pack, but anything past that is up in the air as to whether enough fan demand exisits to keep online packs going. So if you are a JLU fan or know someone who is, tell em to get over to MattyCollector.com and pick up a set today!

-Matty
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2009, 08:36:15 am »

Oh, argh, I hear you now.

Perhaps if the Gotham Criminals 4-pack was a bit more inspirational (i.e. a unique sculpt for Bane, a decent head for Clock King etc. ) people might have grabbed it up more. Also, they just don't seem to get that product from lines that are also available at retail are less likely to sell out rapidly than a line that is ONLY available online.

I expect the Legion figures to sell well, because there will be alot of Legion fans desperate for actual toys buying them, beyond the JLU market. Could be wrong, but I suspect they might do better than the current 4-pack.

Still, that is very sucky.
Report Spam   Logged

Kimmel Prime
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2009, 08:43:30 am »

The thing is I think they have decided to cancel it no matter what, if we still do get the LOSH pack, unless it sells out in a couple of days it won't be good enough for them. I also think it's funny that they are "targeting JLU completists." Which is what Toy Guru claimed on AFI, kinda hard to be a completists when half the people can't find the product. How many people missed out on the last two six packs?
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2009, 09:09:19 am »

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2009/03/small-mattycollectorcom-jlu-rant.html

rant posted. thanks for the info.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 07:19:12 am »

Hey folks - Kimmel has been unable to come back to this and is going to be offline for a little while, and has asked if someone else would be able to do a bit of work on this poll to wrap it up. I'm a bit snowed under with other stuff to take all of it on and need some help.

Could we have a volunteer to do a tallly for each category and come up with the top 15 heroes, 15 villains and 10 characters created for the show? If someone could do this count I can then set up polls to come up with our top 5 in each category etc.

PM me if you think you could help.

Cheers

Andy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure