Action Figure Blues Forum
October 23, 2021, 09:22:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Whatcha readin' now?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatcha readin' now?  (Read 3903 times)
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 05:03:00 pm »

That actually sounds really good. Thanks for that, I might track it down. I do enjoy a good integrity bashing.
I'm off to get some sun now and convert some carbon dioxide into sugar.
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 05:17:54 am »

Finished Feist's latest offering the other day,always a bittersweet thing.Wait 12 months for the next one then tear through it at lightning speed enjoying it immensely as usual and go back to waiting again.Even more depressing cause i know there's only one more Trilogy to go and he's all finished. Cry

Time to start looking for something new again,still waiting to hear about a Book from a certain Admin.

Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Saranga
Limited Edition

QC: 23

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 03:16:00 pm »

@fms: it's in paperback in the uk now.  if you can't get the book read his website instead.
Report Spam   Logged

www.paiwings.blogspot.com - feminism, comics, women, comics, deaf stuff and comics
www.paipicks.blogspot.com - recommending comics to new readers who have never read comics before
(I need a better strapline)
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 04:41:28 pm »

@fms: it's in paperback in the uk now.  if you can't get the book read his website instead.

Okay cool!

I'm also about to start reading a book of R.E.Howard's Conan work that reprints the stories not only in the order that he wrote them, but it's taken from his original writings, typos and all. So no bastardisation by De Camp or Carter.
Report Spam   Logged

Saranga
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 03:33:54 pm »

I'm now reading Hand of Isis by Jo Graham.  Egyptian historical fiction book about Cleopatra's life, so lots of Ceaser, Mark Anthony, Roman/Egpytian arguments and royal struggles for power, and gods!  lots of mythology.  it's very good.
Report Spam   Logged

www.paiwings.blogspot.com - feminism, comics, women, comics, deaf stuff and comics
www.paipicks.blogspot.com - recommending comics to new readers who have never read comics before
Freak Studio
Advisor
Online Exclusive

QC: 188

"The Avenging Blue Idiot"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 05:44:11 pm »

Sounds cool, I remember reading Mystic River (ancient Egypt based adventure novel) by Wilbur Smith when I was a teenager and enjoying it.
Report Spam   Logged
Saranga
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 05:43:47 pm »

i shall try to remember to locate it..thanks for the tip!
Report Spam   Logged

MikeS
Limited Edition

QC: 110

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 09:47:56 pm »

Finished Feist's latest offering the other day,always a bittersweet thing.Wait 12 months for the next one then tear through it at lightning speed enjoying it immensely as usual and go back to waiting again.Even more depressing cause i know there's only one more Trilogy to go and he's all finished. Cry

Really?  All done?  I used to read all his stuff as it came out, but I'm sure I'm a couple series behind at this point.  I hadn't heard he was wrapping it up.  Bummer.....
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 04:45:20 am »

Really?  All done?  I used to read all his stuff as it came out, but I'm sure I'm a couple series behind at this point.  I hadn't heard he was wrapping it up.  Bummer.....

Yeah,he's got all the titles for his last stories listed at his Website.He really want to complete the entire story while he's still alive and leave a complete legacy.It is a shame that there's only 3 more Books to go but they re-read well so i'll at least still have that.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 05:29:21 am »

Yeah,he's got all the titles for his last stories listed at his Website.He really want to complete the entire story while he's still alive and leave a complete legacy.It is a shame that there's only 3 more Books to go but they re-read well so i'll at least still have that.

The death of David Gemmell was probably an eye opener as Gemmell left two series unfinished
Report Spam   Logged

Saranga
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 04:27:27 pm »

you know what I want to read?  the next song of ice and fire book. unfortauntely george r r martin appears to be the slowest writer alive. gaaah.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 07:30:37 pm »

you know what I want to read?  the next song of ice and fire book. unfortauntely george r r martin appears to be the slowest writer alive. gaaah.

Always meant to give his stuff a try but wasn't sure where to start?
Report Spam   Logged

dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 04:22:24 am »

Kinda wished I'd persevered with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, as I just saw the film last night and it was very very good. Recommend seeing it when it comes to Australia in March (I think). Still, as a book genre, I just don't know if it is my thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Pierce
Mint on Card

QC: 6

For external use only, not to be taken internally.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 06:57:26 pm »

I just finished Patricia Cornwell's "Scarpetta Factor". I've read the whole series but not sure I can keep going with it - it's just going in circles now.

Now starting on Kathy Reichs "206 Bones" - I love the Tempe Brennan series.

I myself am reading the CIA magic manual, there is some seriously interesting tricks in there.  I am also reading Freya Starks Valley of the Assassins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freya_Stark which is quite good if you like that sort of thing.

Report Spam   Logged

In a flurry of flame and fur, fangs and wicker, thus ended the world's first and only hot air baboon ride.
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 07:48:02 pm »

I myself am reading the CIA magic manual, there is some seriously interesting tricks in there.

What is that??
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure