Action Figure Blues Forum
November 18, 2017, 11:32:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Walking Dead ***SPOILERS**

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead ***SPOILERS**  (Read 5117 times)
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 180

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 07, 2017, 09:14:14 am »

but some elements of the US Military have to be left somewhere.  Why hasn't some Colonel or General reasserted control over some portion of the country and created a "safe zone" with protocols to actually prevent creation of more Walkers and to suppress warlords like the Governor or Negan?  The whole show is a logic gap sometimes.      

I feel the same, but this may be something Kirkman has purposely avoided. What happens when the survivors have formed a new government  -- and then remnants of the old government show up from their hiding space?
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 713

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 08, 2017, 08:07:23 pm »

And I (for the most part) think that Kirkman has done a pretty good job with the whole dystopian future thing.  I'm pretty sure this is how human civilization would look after some sort of extinction event.  We would become almost tribal again.  Aside from some gaping gaps in logic (where is the gasoline coming from?),

And I've said this before;  I understand that any sort of civilian government is gone, but some elements of the US Military have to be left somewhere.  Why hasn't some Colonel or General reasserted control over some portion of the country and created a "safe zone" with protocols to actually prevent creation of more Walkers and to suppress warlords like the Governor or Negan?  The whole show is a logic gap sometimes.       

Exactly. Fuel goes off after six  months. it's designed to do that. There would be no "gas" by now.

The shooting scenes in this show annoy me to now end. Once again, the highlight of the show were the zombies that rolled down the hil. Some great work by Nicotero's team to make them look gaunt and hideous. Though when they were rolling down the hill all I could hear was the Yakkity Sax music (Benny Hill theme song).

Is Morgan's slow descent into madness driving anyone else crazy? I wish he'd just get it over with.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1139

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 08, 2017, 08:14:07 pm »

But Morgan is still correct.  Taking those assholes prisoner and then taking them to Hilltop is the stupidest thing ever.
Report Spam   Logged
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 184

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 09, 2017, 02:50:04 pm »

But Morgan is still correct.  Taking those assholes prisoner and then taking them to Hilltop is the stupidest thing ever.

Yep.  It would be one thing if they were the poor folks busting their asses for points (or whatever it was they showed last season) or to not get ironed, as they'd probably be grateful not to live under Negan's rule.  They'd likely be productive members of the society Rick, Maggie, and Zeke are trying to build.  The Saviors' fighters, though?  Nah, they're zombie food.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:52:01 pm by bigraj » Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 09, 2017, 11:17:15 pm »

...and apparently corrugated iron sheets deflect bullets.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 11, 2017, 04:37:53 pm »

And I (for the most part) think that Kirkman has done a pretty good job with the whole dystopian future thing.  I'm pretty sure this is how human civilization would look after some sort of extinction event.  We would become almost tribal again.  Aside from some gaping gaps in logic (where is the gasoline coming from?),

And I've said this before;  I understand that any sort of civilian government is gone, but some elements of the US Military have to be left somewhere.  Why hasn't some Colonel or General reasserted control over some portion of the country and created a "safe zone" with protocols to actually prevent creation of more Walkers and to suppress warlords like the Governor or Negan?  The whole show is a logic gap sometimes.       

Exactly. Fuel goes off after six  months. it's designed to do that. There would be no "gas" by now.

Even if that wasn't true, you've siphoned every parked/abandoned car you can find.  Manually pumped every underground tank you can get to, and drained every tanker truck on the side of the road you can get at.  At least all the ones that didn't rupture or explode.   
Report Spam   Logged
Engineernerd
John from the AFB Podcast
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 221

Base of Operations: A Dark Basement in NE Indiana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #561 on: November 13, 2017, 03:51:17 pm »

I have to say, I kind of enjoyed the new episode. I still don't like the simultaneous time jumping crap they got going in the editing process, but this was probably my favorite of the season.

Two things seemed far fetched, the ax kill (I'm sure that was some sort of hyper stylized thing from the comic). The second was the character that is killed at the end seemed to go out too easily.
Report Spam   Logged

"We collect little plastic dollies, it's all weird." ~ Scotty
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 336

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:55 am »

I have to say, I kind of enjoyed the new episode. I still don't like the simultaneous time jumping crap they got going in the editing process, but this was probably my favorite of the season.

Two things seemed far fetched, the ax kill (I'm sure that was some sort of hyper stylized thing from the comic). The second was the character that is killed at the end seemed to go out too easily.

Definitely the best ep of the season.

I think one way it could have been improved was by introducing the key baddies in a previous ep so it meant it bit more when they were offed.

Re the character death, I thought the ease which it happened was because it was a sacrifice to save another.

The most implausible thing in the ep was the number of rounds the Saviours fired at the truck Carol was hiding behind without hitting anything.

I really liked the scene with Ezekiel and Carol when he asked her if she was always the way she is now, or if she decided to be that way. It was a nice juxtaposition.

Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 180

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 14, 2017, 06:49:49 am »

Ezekiel is an interesting character. I though * should have lasted longer, but that would have made the death even more painful. Better to go quick. Honestly, I don't know if that hoarde was big enough to do the damage it did. Then again, I was only half-watching -- which is typical these days.
Report Spam   Logged
Engineernerd
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:16 pm »

I really liked the scene with Ezekiel and Carol when he asked her if she was always the way she is now, or if she decided to be that way. It was a nice juxtaposition.

I liked that, too. Especially since we saw that journey happen.

I though * should have lasted longer, but that would have made the death even more painful.

Yeah, I thought about that after and kind of wonder if it was done to keep certain groups from being really upset by it.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 16, 2017, 01:33:46 am »

The most implausible thing in the ep was the number of rounds the Saviours fired at the truck Carol was hiding behind without hitting anything.

This ^^^

If it wasn't apparent already,  Roll Eyes it annoys me to no end.

One of the guys shooting at Carol had a gun that is in .308 calibre. It'd pass through the car easily.

As for the 'death', this thread isn't spoiler free is it? No? Well I thought Shiva's loss was pretty pathetic. It felt like there was at best 10 or so zombies to deal with. Didn't feel overwhelming at all. Not to mention if they got across that stream and up the embankment they'd have been okay

Report Spam   Logged

Engineernerd
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: November 16, 2017, 07:16:52 am »

As for the 'death', this thread isn't spoiler free is it? No? Well I thought Shiva's loss was pretty pathetic. It felt like there was at best 10 or so zombies to deal with. Didn't feel overwhelming at all. Not to mention if they got across that stream and up the embankment they'd have been okay

Added a Spoiler tag to the title.....just in case.

I kind of alluded to it above, but suspect part of it was to appease animal rights groups.

I also suspect Shiva was a pricey sfx.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 16, 2017, 07:32:55 am »

Not to mention, she was basically a house cat when not fighting.  I never bought that.  Remember what happened with Siegfried and Roy?  And how are you gonna feed her when there may not be enough rations for human beings?  Tigers eat a lot in a day.

And the fire fights might as well be from an A-Team episode.

Much like gasoline, the survivors should be running low on ammo.  High caliber in particular.   
Report Spam   Logged
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 184

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 16, 2017, 08:05:40 am »

Well, the Saviors have Eugene and his bullet-making idea, so I'm sure Negan has teams working that shit assembly line style, so it's a little more forgiving from their end.  Rick's side definitely should not be in an extended fire fight while they wait for the "just got killed" to be zombie-fied.   Did Rick and company keep that stockpile of military arms/ammo that Rick and Michonne found at a carnival last season or was that stuff that they gave to Negan?
Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: Today at 09:49:05 am »

Can't remember the timeline about the carnival guns.  You may have a point there. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure