Action Figure Blues Forum
January 19, 2022, 02:40:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How to - Custom "Think Tank"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to - Custom "Think Tank"  (Read 14283 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 05:38:32 am »

Are you sure that Adam Warlock wouldn't work for Dozy's custom Andy?It just seems absolutely perfect as a likeness?Anyone got both the MS Ghost Rider and the Warlock fig so we could get a comparison?

It would work from a sculpt perspective, however Marvel Select figures are in a larger scale than Legends (a pet peeve of mine....) so the head may look to tiny on the larger scale body.

I own Ghost Rider and have Warlock coming via eBay soon, so can post some pics when it arrives to compare.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 05:42:40 am »

Sounds good,be keen to see that.Sometimes you can get away with heads in the variances of 6 inch scales body-wise.
Saying that though another similar style Head is the Movie Flash Gordon figure.He's a larger scale like the Ross Justice figs.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 05:47:34 am »

Are you sure that Adam Warlock wouldn't work for Dozy's custom Andy?It just seems absolutely perfect as a likeness?Anyone got both the MS Ghost Rider and the Warlock fig so we could get a comparison?

It would work from a sculpt perspective, however Marvel Select figures are in a larger scale than Legends (a pet peeve of mine....) so the head may look to tiny on the larger scale body.

I own Ghost Rider and have Warlock coming via eBay soon, so can post some pics when it arrives to compare.

Thanks fella, that'd be great.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 06:00:08 am »

Mr Sinister! Yeah cool!

I'm starting to make a list of characters that can easily be modded. Iron Fist and Bullseye are also fairly generic and with Mr Sinister in the mix it would cover small, medium and large body types! Sweet! Thanks FB!
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 06:29:59 am »

Have you done any previous customs FMS? If so we need pix please!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2009, 01:59:54 am »

Actually not yet. I'm also big into Warhammer 40k so I have all the painting gear and the enthusiasm. Just in the planning stages  Grin

I'm actually struggling for base figures. I have a spare Hercules and Banshee but I'm off to Toys 'Rnt Us tomorrow to check out wrestling figures (never thought I'd say that).
Report Spam   Logged

dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2009, 02:02:01 am »

Don't forget to check out places like Go-lo. I found a couple of wrestling figures there on the weekend for $7, rather than $13-18 a piece.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2009, 03:28:46 am »

True!

I did the rounds of Westfield in Canberra today and things are more dire than ever. I actually wonder if the end of the financial year being a quarter away means people don't get much new stock? What am I saying? Toy retailing is dead!
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2009, 04:19:54 am »

Yeah, the joy of the toy run died for me a long time ago. That's why I suffered apoplexy when I found those B&B figures at Kmart awhile ago. Once upon a time I would enter Westfield Belco or the Canberra Centre without stopping at all the haunts, but now I don't bother to go out of my way, because I know the result.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2009, 04:38:17 am »

When I think of all the generic lines of figures that aren't being stocked it's very depressing. Even just the DC and Marvel lines!!!!!
ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 04:42:46 am »

I've banged on about this before, but I blame the movie crap. If I was a buyer at TRU or Kmart and I still had Batman Begins and Superman Returns stuff on my shelves and I didn't know anything about the stuff, I'd stop stocking DC toys too. The Iron Man toys sold pretty well but there's still Hulk stuff everywhere too. Pfaugh.
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 04:55:54 am »

Actually not yet. I'm also big into Warhammer 40k so I have all the painting gear and the enthusiasm. Just in the planning stages  Grin

I'm actually struggling for base figures. I have a spare Hercules and Banshee but I'm off to Toys 'Rnt Us tomorrow to check out wrestling figures (never thought I'd say that).

Hey you want Wrestling figs?I got a whole heap you are more than welcome to.I have no use for them,i got blokes and a couple of girlies too.Let me know and i'll hook you up.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 05:50:04 am »

Hey you want Wrestling figs?I got a whole heap you are more than welcome to.I have no use for them,i got blokes and a couple of girlies too.Let me know and i'll hook you up.

Oh cool! I'm not very familiar with them but from memory a lot of them aren't very "cut". The JAKKS stuff is very average.
Well I'll just throw it out there, a couple of the customs I'm thinking of doing are Attuma and TigerShark (both Marvel)
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 05:53:04 am »

PM me your address and i'll send them to you,you can do with them what you will. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Tyroc
Limited Edition

QC: 32

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2009, 05:55:59 am »

It's not A-TUMA (imitating poor Arnie voice)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure