Action Figure Blues Forum
August 17, 2022, 08:56:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"Kirby Your Enthusiasm" Custom Contest Official Entry Pics!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Kirby Your Enthusiasm" Custom Contest Official Entry Pics!  (Read 2494 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2011, 12:21:48 am »

Andyís Entry:

Baron Strucker

Now, remember, this is the first time I have ever attempted a custom, so be kind!!

Iím not sure why I settled on Baron Strucker as my custom entry, but once I saw him on the list and looked at some reference pics, I couldnít get him out of my head. I thought the colours would be pretty easy to manage, there was minimal sculpting required (the thing I was most afraid of) and Iíd whip up one of those whiz bang decals for the chest emblem - they had to be easy, right?

The recipe I settled on was a DCUC Commander Steel body (nothing to sand off), the cowl of the cape from the DCUC GA Starman as the base for Baron Struckerís little capelet (which turned out bigger than I wanted, but oh well...) and the DCUC Lex Luthor head - a sacrifice, but I couldnít come up with a good alternative.

I used spray paint for the two greens and started off trying to paint the yellow, however I didnít plan well enough for it and had to resort to yellow tape (thanks Dr T for the advice on that!). The monocle started itís life as an earring, and the braid was easy to find but rather fiddly to attach.

I used a sharp knife to cut the scars in Struckerís head and then a flesh coloured fine point marker to highlight them.

The decal wasnít whiz bang easy, but I managed. I tried transparent decal paper but the yellow wasnít strong enough to withstand the green underneath. I ended up using adhesive sticker paper which was harder to apply without creasing but did the trick in the end.

Once Iíd finished the whole process, I knew there were many things Iíd differently, but as a first attempt Iím not completely disappointed with him.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure