Action Figure Blues Forum
October 23, 2017, 01:04:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Marvel Legends - Discussion thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 260   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Legends - Discussion thread  (Read 46565 times)
NiteOwl
Administrator
Online Exclusive

QC: 218

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 06:45:41 am »

These pics are courtesy of toysdaily

Nice individual card work. Terrax seems to be flat and his bicep area looks weird, probably have to fix them myself.

Report Spam   Logged
Polarboy
Online Exclusive

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 06:51:23 am »

I suppose it's good they are exploring the marvel universe but I don't think there is a single figure in 2 waves that interests me to any great extent
Report Spam   Logged
The_Donster
Online Exclusive

QC: 51

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 01:19:22 pm »

It is too bad they didn't throw Black Panther into it. With Klaw it would have made a bit more sense. I'm kind of digging this wave except for Ghost Rider. Still, at $15 bucks a pop I just don't know if I can get started on this series?
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 712

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 05:49:39 pm »

Booyah!

I think Terrax looks a little odd due to the stance with his elbows bent, etc. He looked fine when I saw him at SDCC.
Could have lived without another Iron Man, but it won't stop me from getting the whole wave.
Report Spam   Logged

NiteOwl
Administrator
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 07:13:19 pm »

Booyah!

I think Terrax looks a little odd due to the stance with his elbows bent, etc. He looked fine when I saw him at SDCC.
Could have lived without another Iron Man, but it won't stop me from getting the whole wave.

I'm pleased, it soooo cool to see Legends again. I remember when I used to order waves off casefresh and when the BAF hit, my girls would help me put them together. They would then ask questions on who that guy was etc, they know too much about superheroes for 12 and 10 Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Polarboy
Online Exclusive

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 07:51:19 pm »

I wonder if that terrax would make a good base for a persuader custom  think.gif
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 08:52:17 pm »

I wonder if that terrax would make a good base for a persuader custom  think.gif

Depends on how big you want him to be? I'd just use the DCUC "Jemm" buck because it's pretty big.

I'm pleased, it soooo cool to see Legends again. I remember when I used to order waves off casefresh and when the BAF hit, my girls would help me put them together. They would then ask questions on who that guy was etc, they know too much about superheroes for 12 and 10 Grin

Hah! Cool stuff NO!

I used to get mine from CaseFresh too. Except for Wave 5....and 7.....all those other waves that never made it to Oz
Report Spam   Logged

NiteOwl
Administrator
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 09:44:53 pm »

It's weird, I got wave 5 at retail in Oz at a local Toyworld. When I went to the checkout they didn't scan. The boss came over and charged me $9.99 each, needless to say one of the best days I have had as a collector.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 09:51:40 pm »

It's weird, I got wave 5 at retail in Oz at a local Toyworld. When I went to the checkout they didn't scan. The boss came over and charged me $9.99 each, needless to say one of the best days I have had as a collector.

Nice!! Still one of my favourite waves.
Report Spam   Logged

PAPA BIG JIM
Pegwarmer

QC: 2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 06:54:31 pm »

AHHH! Something to look forward to but I take it that Hasbro are going back to BAF format?
That in some way kinda sucks! It gives reason to jack the price up! Do not get me wrong I will collect them for I am a BIG Marvel fan but Hasbro falling back on old ideals or do i see it total wrong?  
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 02:57:00 am »

AHHH! Something to look forward to but I take it that Hasbro are going back to BAF format?
That in some way kinda sucks! It gives reason to jack the price up! Do not get me wrong I will collect them for I am a BIG Marvel fan but Hasbro falling back on old ideals or do i see it total wrong?  

I guess it depends on your point of view on price. Paying $16 a figure and having the great MikeS ship them cheaply from the US to me here in Oz is simply not an issue if the character selection in the wave is worth it.
Report Spam   Logged

The_Donster
Online Exclusive

QC: 51

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 11:29:47 am »

Not to mention that retailers and fans want what made this line great in stores. Especially with the name recognition of the line to help. Trust me, as many folks going booooo on the BAF format, there will be twice as many asking for it. At least with it I can justify the price of the figure. I just have to see them before I can commit to them.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 04:16:03 pm »

Not to mention that retailers and fans want what made this line great in stores. Especially with the name recognition of the line to help. Trust me, as many folks going booooo on the BAF format, there will be twice as many asking for it. At least with it I can justify the price of the figure. I just have to see them before I can commit to them.

Yeah, I guess for me it's like getting a free figure and in the case of Terrax it's one I really want. If they didn't go the B.A.F format then what are the other options? Maybe drop the cost of per figure by $2? Dunno dunno.gif
Report Spam   Logged

PAPA BIG JIM
Pegwarmer

QC: 2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 07:24:26 pm »

OK there is some since in what you guys are saying! Maybe I am being a little to anal but with all the different Marvel character you think others would be use! I like that Terrax is the BAF and Klaw is in there but how many times can you put out Thor, Capt., Iron Man and even Ghost Rider and Constrictor! It just a opinion !

Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 09:14:58 pm »

OK there is some since in what you guys are saying! Maybe I am being a little to anal but with all the different Marvel character you think others would be use! I like that Terrax is the BAF and Klaw is in there but how many times can you put out Thor, Capt., Iron Man and even Ghost Rider and Constrictor! It just a opinion !

Yep, you're spot on. They're gonna have to be careful I think.

I'm already annoyed at the series 2 "Big Time Spider-Man". No one wants the figure, but it's Spider-Man and an easy redeco. I'll get it simply because I want Arnim Zola. It's a clever strategy and it's working on me (as the DCUC C&C figures did too). I think we have to be prepared to get at least one of them in each wave much the way DCD and Mattel keep putting Batman and Superman up front with a lot of waves.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 260   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure