Action Figure Blues Forum
November 20, 2018, 08:28:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Marvel Legends - Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Legends - Discussion thread  (Read 72575 times)
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 185

View Profile
« Reply #4305 on: July 08, 2018, 11:24:03 am »

It’s why I collect DC figures from all eras.  The broader your collecting horizons, the deeper your collection will be.  And ultimately more satisfying.  I don’t know anyone who collects stuff just to quit when they reach a certain point.

I guess it depends on whether or not you're collecting -- just to increase your collection. I used to have that mindset -- I think most collectors do. But now I"m downsizing -- so I can pass on something like a Songbird or even a bland version of Medusa -- both of which I would have picked up a few years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 385

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: July 08, 2018, 02:18:40 pm »

As always, you make great points, GARD.

I just wish that WB/DC would have believed in REBIRTH enough that we would have gotten a  nice sized Rebirth line.  I am so tired of endless versions of Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn.

And so I don't derail the thread, I'm going to list 5 Marvel figures I want that won't ever happen:

-Battlestar
-Nomad (Jack Monroe)
-Jack of Hearts
-Shang-Chi
-Crossfire
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 02:25:20 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Not Fitting in and Being Weird Since Birth
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1145

View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: July 08, 2018, 06:32:05 pm »

As always, you make great points, GARD.

I just wish that WB/DC would have believed in REBIRTH enough that we would have gotten a  nice sized Rebirth line.  I am so tired of endless versions of Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn.

Thanks man.   Thumbs Up

There's a guy over on the Mattel 6" Multiverse thread on The Fwoosh that claims to be a freelancer that works a lot for the 4H studios.  He insists that there's a lot of cool stuff in the Mattel pipeline to show at SDCC.  Both on Preview Night and at the panel.  The fact that they're having a panel at all gives me hope.  Now we know for sure that the Aquaman movie figures will be shown.  But the SDCC exclusive Aquaman three pack gives me some hope that "classics" may be in the mix again.  I'm still thinking soft reboot for the moment.  I'd be happy with 1980 forward.  It's fairly obvious that comic figures will be out front of all of this. 

DC's movie schedule for 2019 is Shazam and Wonder Woman II.  Heavy on the mythology.  Frankly, I'd love to see Mattel go deeper into both Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman.  Comic characters that is. 

Derail complete.    Grin
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 728

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: July 08, 2018, 11:14:38 pm »

Just make figures of characters I don't already have. That's all I want from both Hasbro and Mattel.

I know we'll always get Batverine in waves because they sell, but that's to entice new buyers......they need to throw a bone to those of us that have been there from the beginning.

Interestingly, I was watching "The toys that made us" episode on M.O.T.U and they noted that what eventually led to the downfall of the line was that some eight years later, they were cranking out all these whacky new characters as fast as the team could conceive of them, but by then, all the 8-10 year olds were teenagers and moved on, but for the new kids looking to buy something, they couldn't find the core characters on pegs anymore because no one thought to keep reissuing He-Man and Skeletor, etc.

It's a delicate balance I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: July 09, 2018, 06:08:40 am »

Very interesting, FISH.  As much as I bitch about it, I'm not going to pretend that I would know how to keep a line going for several years.  One of the things I always imagined doing was "refreshes".  For example, putting HE-MAN out there, with slightly darker paint apps to his loincloth and boots.  Maybe paint his weapons blue or even cast them in clear plastic.  Something just different enough that a veteran may want it, but similar enough to the original that a new fan would be totally content with it.

And GARD?  I hope you're right about DC figs.  That was very cool to read!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:08:53 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: July 11, 2018, 11:54:32 am »

The pictures and good reviews got to me. I ordered Thing this morning from Taiwan. I figure the extra $20 makes up for getting him so early and not wasting gas/time looking for him when they hit.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: July 11, 2018, 06:15:48 pm »

Nighthawk is way overdue! Would love to finally see him -- could probably use his cape for Stingray as well. Both fit in with the Avengers family. More classic Avengers are always welcome--- there really aren't that many left from the classic days -- issues 1 through 100. I would like to see FA Wonder Man -- and a better classic Valkyrie. Swordsman, Mantis and Moondragon all need to happen.

Marvel Legends has produced a lot of my most wanted in recent years. Nighthawk is up there -- so is Thunderbird -- only have a 5-inch version of him. The same regarding FA Storm.

Report Spam   Logged
spider-ben
Mint on Card

QC: 8

View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: July 13, 2018, 04:52:19 am »

I dont mind too much if they reissue popular characters like Wolverine or Spider-Man from time to time. I just got back into Marvel Legends a little over a year ago and the Vintage line, for example, allowed me to pick up the "pizza Spidey" for a fair price. It is a great way for newer collectors to sort of catch up and in that type of Vintage line it's awesome. What I don't like is when they reissue figures or make slight changes and include them in regular Marvel Legends Build a Figure waves and force you to buy multiples of the same character.
Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 78

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: July 15, 2018, 01:53:28 pm »

These are rumors I heard from a legends YouTube page
Black panther wave 2-Storm,man ape, dr doom (dec)
Ultimate riders-prof x in hover chair
Classic X men vintage line
Captain marvel wave in feb
Uncanny X force wave
Spider man wave in Jan
Avengers waves march and july
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: July 15, 2018, 04:10:39 pm »

Hmmm....Classic X-Men and Avengers waves peak my interest.  We will no doubt see characters we have already seen, but ML is always good for a few surprises.  Classic X-Force could give me my WARPATH!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:13:58 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: July 16, 2018, 10:26:33 am »

Hmmm....Classic X-Men and Avengers waves peak my interest.  We will no doubt see characters we have already seen, but ML is always good for a few surprises.  Classic X-Force could give me my WARPATH!

Hmm... and I was thinking Thunderbird in the Classic X-Men series. Of course, they are basically the same figure -- unless you mean a more modern version of Warpath.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: July 16, 2018, 04:08:07 pm »

Oh yeah....duh!!  I'd be more than happy with THUNDERBIRD.  Maybe even happier! 
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1145

View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: July 18, 2018, 10:07:59 pm »

http://news.toyark.com/2018/07/18/sdcc-2018-gallery-hasbro-marvel-legends-preview-night-display-306562
Report Spam   Logged
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 190

View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: July 19, 2018, 08:41:41 am »

What's up with the almost-complete gauntlet holding the Tesseract in it's own package?  Certainly they're not gonna sell just a glove/cube for $20.  The space "stone" was the 2nd one he captured, so the piece doesn't make sense as a movie accessory.
Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 634

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: July 19, 2018, 08:46:37 am »

I think it's one of those life size things where you can get your picture taken.  So if you buy the Space Stone set you can pose with all of them.

Also, I would have bought some of those 10th Anniversary movie figs if they didn't almost all come packed with figures I already have.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure