Action Figure Blues Forum
November 14, 2018, 01:24:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Marvel Legends - Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Legends - Discussion thread  (Read 72426 times)
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 633

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #4500 on: October 28, 2018, 08:59:04 pm »

They definitely have a 90's bent right now, which makes sense.  It is time to cash in on 90's nostalgia.  If that seems a bit weird remember that 1) we're old and 2) with how rough the oughts were we had an odd cultural fondness for the 90's almost right after they were over so the cycle doesn't seem as long as it really was.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 385

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: October 28, 2018, 11:16:47 pm »

If the 90s craze gets me a bulky, musclebound WARPATH in blue and red, then so be it.
Report Spam   Logged

Not Fitting in and Being Weird Since Birth
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 728

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: October 28, 2018, 11:57:33 pm »

They definitely have a 90's bent right now, which makes sense.  It is time to cash in on 90's nostalgia.  If that seems a bit weird remember that 1) we're old and 2) with how rough the oughts were we had an odd cultural fondness for the 90's almost right after they were over so the cycle doesn't seem as long as it really was.

I also think much of it is driven by a new generation of younger collectors who were young kids who spent Saturday mornings watching the X-Men Animated series. I'm in a ML Facebook group that has a large percentage of rabid young collectors who've basically never read a Marvel comic so previews of characters like Beast and Jubilee get them all hot and sweaty and reveals of characters like Grey Gargoyle are met with howls of outrage as he's "old" and wasn't in the cartoons.  dunno.gif
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: October 29, 2018, 12:05:20 am »

Whether or not you like the selections, you have to agree we're in a Golden Age of Marvel Legends right now.

True. But I wish Hasbro would lose this inherent need to eventually remake every....single....Toybiz figure. I mean 'Union Jack'?? Really? He gets a new figure and is in the Avengers wave ahead of Starfox, Jocasta, Sersi, Swordsman, Triathlon, Dr Druid, Rage, Moondragon, Quasar, Mantis (Comic), Living Lightning, etc, etc?  cuckoo.gif
Report Spam   Logged

kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 185

View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: October 29, 2018, 06:28:46 am »

I agree in principle, but Union Jack was hard to find -- so I'm definitely interested. Though would be nice to see Spitfire for the first time -- and Baron Blood as well.

With The Eternals in the works as a film -- as bizarre as they may seem -- figures have to be in the works. Ikaris and Sersis are must-haves. Thena and Makkari would be okay --- but I'd rather see the rest of the Inhumans first.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: October 29, 2018, 10:01:20 am »

Union Jack was actually an early Hasbro effort, I think.  There does seem to be an acceptance on their part to re-do their early figs.  I think they're retroactively a bit embarrassed by them.  I agree Union Jack wasn't high on my list of re-dos and we are most definitely seeing the X-Men cartoon fandom coming back.  Also keep in mind that they had a very expansive toy line to go with that cartoon back in the day, so they also have toy nostalgia along with show nostalgia.

Along those lines with X-Men Blue complete I took a look at how X-Men Gold is faring.  The recent Iceman was definitely modern with the hair and shoulder carapace.  Ditto for Colossus.  They may get re-dos in their Jim Lee looks.  Jean Grey wasn't that long ago, but she did have ball-hip joints and was in the cartoon.  All-white Storm has been rumored as heavily as the now reality Beast and was in the cartoon.  Archangel just got a re-release.  Bishop was just done.  The four re-dos could anchor two more waves.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: October 29, 2018, 10:03:55 am »

Starfox, Jocasta, Sersi, Swordsman, Triathlon, Dr Druid, Rage, Moondragon, Quasar, Mantis (Comic), Living Lightning, etc, etc?  cuckoo.gif

I so want all of those.  Rage has a shot in a Spidey wave now that they've opened the New Warriors floodgate with Night Thrasher.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1145

View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: October 29, 2018, 10:32:22 am »

I’d be down for some (comic style) Eternals.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 385

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: October 29, 2018, 11:02:57 am »

I'm always at my happiest when B and C listers see plastic, but I doubt if one person on this planet saw a Union Jack redo happening.  Ever!!  Haha!!

Anyway, since there's all this 90s / X-Men TAS love being strewn about, can a brutha finally get a Ka-Zar with moccasins??   Is that asking too much??

Also, I wouldn't say no to a Quicksilver do-over.  But I'd rather have the Swordsman, 3D Man, Count Nebula, Shroud, Jack of Hearts, the Patriot ( Jeff Mace ), Shang Chi, and a FA Falcon.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:14:23 am by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Not Fitting in and Being Weird Since Birth
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: October 29, 2018, 04:10:42 pm »

Ka-zar and Zabu absolutely deserve better figures than a repainted Punisher and a repurposed GI Joe tiger (hard to get exclusives at that). Put them in the Riders line.
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: November 10, 2018, 09:06:28 am »

Got Hawkeye and Vision this week. Inching closer to a pretty ideal JLA/Avengers crew. Really need better Iron Man, Thor, and Quicksilver though. And the Evil Eye.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: November 10, 2018, 01:29:30 pm »

Quicksilver is pretty heavily rumored, so you might be in luck!
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: November 10, 2018, 04:17:10 pm »

Just hopefully not in his original green costume or something dumb like his current fast forward button costume.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: November 11, 2018, 02:23:13 am »

Y'know.....just finish some fucking teams.

We've had three releases of Black Bolt and Two of Medusa. Gimme a Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Crystal......and it seems Mezco is the way to go if we want Lockjaw.

We've had two Guardian and two Saquatch....plus a Puck. About time we got Northstar, Aurora, Snowbird, Shaman and Box.

We've had two Magic, one Warlock and one Canonball. Wow! There's practically a whole team not done.

We've had Night Thrasher. Namorita, Speedball, Turbo, Firestar, etc, please.

We've had a bajillion Sabretooth and there's a Caliban coming. There's oodles of Morlocks and Marauders to go.

....and before I even start on X-Factor.....is there a person anywhere who wouldn't take a Strong Guy B.A.F?
Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: November 11, 2018, 11:27:57 am »

Hopefully we'll get more X-Factor now that X-Men Blue is done.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure