Action Figure Blues Forum
September 23, 2019, 10:16:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Marvel Legends - Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Legends - Discussion thread  (Read 82062 times)
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #4680 on: August 05, 2019, 05:34:19 am »

I think it was on Instagram.

Although looking at Fwoosh's Top 10 vote from last year, we got something like 9 of the top 10, so they definitely look at that for a little inspiration. I think the only one that didn't get made was Stan Lee, who shot up there due to both his passing and because we saw that leaked proto of his cancelled figure. I'd 100% buy him.

I'm curious who will be on this year's list. Hoping that Count Nefaria finally cracks his way up there. After getting Silver Samurai, I think Nefaria is the only one who's been on my Top 10 for every single year they've done the vote.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 186

View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: August 05, 2019, 08:19:07 am »

Nefaria would be a lot more attractive a figure than Grey Gargoyle -- who really just doesn't pop on the shelf. A figure that will probably never get made but would pop like Hell is Nebulon.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 687

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: August 05, 2019, 09:05:20 am »

I think my personal top 10 at this point would be a bunch of New Warriors.  And as much as I love the New Warriors, I am insanely lucky that we're down to them from all of my higher wants.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: August 06, 2019, 07:50:43 am »

It is crazy that we haven't seen a six-inch Firestar to date. Namorita was very active in the 90s, but honestly, I don't know if she's alive or not now. I think there was an alternate universe version of her appearing in Fantastic Four. I think, though, that Firestar wasn't wearing her iconic yellow bodysuit in New Warriors -- at least not the entire series.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 687

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: August 06, 2019, 01:11:30 pm »

She started with the yellow. She didn't get a redesign until Darick Robertson came on over 2 years in.
Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 78

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: August 06, 2019, 08:53:23 pm »

you know, on Spider-Man and his amazing friends, I always wondered why as a kid Angelica Jones looked like MaryJane Watson, if that was intentional.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: August 07, 2019, 11:26:43 am »

you know, on Spider-Man and his amazing friends, I always wondered why as a kid Angelica Jones looked like MaryJane Watson, if that was intentional.

She was designed by John Romita, Sr., wasn't she? I check wikipedia -- and he is listed among her creators.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: August 07, 2019, 11:29:24 am »

So the new X-Men wave hit one of the smaller Walmarts in my area. Must have just hit -- because every figure was there in quantities of two. Not really feeling this wave, but I'll pick up a new Nightcrawler (wish he had curlier). I'll eventually get Guardian to replace the previous version, but meh. Mr. Sinister looks nice, but I always felt he was a crap villain. No interest in the rest of the wave -- Boom Boom seems a particularly wasted spot, but others will probably love her.
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: August 07, 2019, 09:39:34 pm »

Got a lot over the past couple days. Found Nightcrawler and Sinister at Target, got Storm and Iceman from Pulse, and grabbed Iron Man at GameStop.

Nightcrawler is fantastic. I believe he’s an all new sculpt. Great movement in his hips, super fun to pose, head sculpts are miles ahead of the ToyBiz version.

Iron Man is perfection. I’ll never need another classic IM again. He’s a great size and I love the colors.

Storm and Sinister are great too. Iceman is fine. I really like his color compared to past versions. Head sculpt is a little odd, has a big seam down the middle, and I wish he had alternate hands.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: August 08, 2019, 09:02:45 am »

I would like to get both that Iron Man and Iceman. I did see Captain America anniversary figure as well. Blue is a bit darker than the classiv version, but looks good over all.  This will be my first Captain America figure.
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: August 08, 2019, 09:07:43 pm »

Found Capt today too. So I think Im finally caught up for a bit.

With my new figures, I took an opportunity to take some new pics and update my write up on the Items of Power from the JLA/Avengers series. Id love if you guys could check it out:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=95770
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 10:28:20 am by Boy Wonder » Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: August 09, 2019, 07:06:10 am »

Very nice!

Is that the DCUC Wonder Woman? If so, it holds up pretty well. Scarlet Witch still looks off somehow -- it's a huge improvement over the previous figure (that was never supposed to be released), but doesn't look that great in a group shot.
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: August 09, 2019, 10:29:56 am »

It is! DCUC’s women largely have aged pretty poorly compared to a lot of what Hasbro is doing (or were just BAF to begin with, like Mary Marvel and Ice), but fortunately Wonder Woman still looks pretty good.
Report Spam   Logged
Josey Wales
Limited Edition

QC: 94

View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: August 09, 2019, 01:47:49 pm »

Picked up 80th Thor, Sinister, Nightcrawler, & "worthy" Cap in the last couple weeks. Hasbro is really on top of their game. Thor, aside from the hammer, is near perfection. Nightcrawler is another A+. 90s X-Men nearer to completion.  Afro No special attachment to Sinister, but he makes for a badass toy. Looks like a great evil wizard or some such to go with my fantasy figs.
Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 78

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: August 09, 2019, 08:19:50 pm »

I got Iron Man and Cap today. iron Man is perfect, even though he's been done in the classic armor I thought those attempts were too small in size. Cap's very good too but I prefer a lighter blue on him.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure