Action Figure Blues Forum
August 24, 2019, 04:18:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Marvel Legends - Discussion thread

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 314   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Legends - Discussion thread  (Read 81648 times)
The_Donster
Online Exclusive

QC: 51

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 09:16:34 pm »

Well, at least that Ghost Rider and Constrictor haven't been released in ML scale and that Thor is basically the SDCC exclusive, right Shake? I'm seeing more originality in this line than I'm seeing in the DCU line at the moment. Maybe I'll jump off it and onto ML instead think.gif
Report Spam   Logged
PAPA BIG JIM
Pegwarmer

QC: 2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »

Well, at least that Ghost Rider and Constrictor haven't been released in ML scale and that Thor is basically the SDCC exclusive, right Shake? I'm seeing more originality in this line than I'm seeing in the DCU line at the moment. Maybe I'll jump off it and onto ML instead think.gif

I believe the Ghost Rider was done in ML scale when Toy Biz was first doing it before Hasbro got the Marvel contact and started to do them. But still all the other were done in that scale and there is so much more in the Marvel grab bag to choose from! Now does this mean the end of Marvel Universe  think.gif? Hope not!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 11:15:56 pm »

Aw, dang it. I'm gonna have to buy these. Klaw and Constrictor are too good to pass up, and Terrax, although I agree he looks a bit weird, is a great addition.

Not sure what I think about the new cards though - not a big deal as I'll be opening them, but they look a bit busy or something.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Stars
Advisor
Online Exclusive

QC: 157

There's a little black spot on the sun today...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 11:40:35 pm »

Actually there were 3 ML Ghost Riders (1 Dan Ketch, 1 Johhny Blaze and a Blaze "melting face" variant) and the GR movie line that was also ML style/scale.

And THAT is one to grow on!!!!!

Stars
Report Spam   Logged

It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always me that ends up getting wet...
The_Donster
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »

I believe the Ghost Rider was done in ML scale when Toy Biz was first doing it before Hasbro got the Marvel contact and started to do them. But still all the other were done in that scale and there is so much more in the Marvel grab bag to choose from! Now does this mean the end of Marvel Universe  think.gif? Hope not!!!!

"That" was the operative word PBJ. I can't remember which Ghost Rider this is(a little after my time in comics), but it isn't even close to the one Toybiz did. Not trying to bust your chops, but with the exception of Iron Man this wave is pretty fresh character wise. Not to mention finally getting a Black Widow that doesn't have the street walker feature on the neck. I definitely feel that once these start hitting DCU better step it up on their character selection or its going to be as extinct as the JLU line Undecided

Report Spam   Logged
Stars
Advisor
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 02:07:04 pm »

Those ARE Toy Biz. That is the Dan Ketch GR and Vengence.

Toy Biz ML Series 3:

Ghost Rider Danny Ketch

Toy Biz ML Series 7

Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze

Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze variant

Not to mention the whole GR Movie line (done by Hasbro right after they aquired the Marvel license) that had at least 4 different 6" scale GR figures.

http://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=175

Stars
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:22:25 pm by Starman » Report Spam   Logged

The_Donster
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 02:15:32 pm »

Thanks Star, but which Ghost Rider is the Hasbro version and didn't Toybiz do a Johnny Blaze? It has been so long I can't remember Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Stars
Advisor
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 02:23:14 pm »

No problem. See above.

The only 6" scale GR figures done by Hasbro were all the GR movie stuff. Although, they WERE using molds developed and designed by Toy Biz. The GR movie line was the first thing that Hasbro released when they acquired the Marvel license. It was almost instant, so the molds HAD been in development for some time by TB before the change to Hasbro. They had to be TB molds because Hasbro just didn't have the lead time from the acquisition to develop  the toys before the release only a few weeks after.

Stars
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:29:04 pm by Starman » Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 731

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 03:07:33 pm »

That reminds me, one day I need to take a Johnny Blaze "melting face" variant and put the regular head on it. I love the orange bike and blue threads....just not the face.

The 'new' Ghost Rider matches what's happening in the comics....though I would have preferred the female Ghost Rider.

I have no probs with Hope, Klaw and Constrictor.

Commander Rogers - I like the character and I like the figure, but this is a wasted slot for me. Steve = Cap, end of story. When I display figures, I prefer to display a universe. I'm not big on having 7 different Justice League's on display. I want my shelf to look like the characters are ready to take on Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. So this slot could have gone to someone else but it's not a disappointing figure.

Ghost Rider - would have preferred the female one.

Iron Man - While I have my share of 6" Iron Man figs at least the Extremist armor fits in okay with Tony's armory. Though I'd have preferred a unique character
Report Spam   Logged

Stars
Advisor
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »

Constictor and Klaw are fine. Nice additions to the overall ML collection.

Steve - he's cool and I like the costume, so he gets a pass from me...barely. I'll get it.

Iron Man - ANOTHER ONE?!?!?!?! Wasted slot as far as I'm concerned. How about a new Ultron instead?

Hope - Ugh. Another "X-23" status figure. Not a legend by any means. Could have made a Polaris or Classic Storm if they wanted a X-Woman.

GR - He looks wicked, but I 'll have to wait to see him in person before I make a call on it.

Thor - Well, I've been trying to get the SDCC version for a decent price, but now I don't have to bother. I'll get this!

Stars
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 03:52:51 pm »

Constictor and Klaw are fine. Nice additions to the overall ML collection.

Steve - he's cool and I like the costume, so he gets a pass from me...barely. I'll get it.

Iron Man - ANOTHER ONE?!?!?!?! Wasted slot as far as I'm concerned. How about a new Ultron instead?

Hope - Ugh. Another "X-23" status figure. Not a legend by any means. Could have made a Polaris or Classic Storm if they wanted a X-Woman.

GR - He looks wicked, but I 'll have to wait to see him in person before I make a call on it.

Thor - Well, I've been trying to get the SDCC version for a decent price, but now I don't have to bother. I'll get this!
Stars

'cos it's not like you knew anyone there. I actually have a spare. But shipping would make it redundant I guess.

Agreed that there's heaps of females I'd have preferred, but at least she's a unique character.

My all female wave would be (not including reissues):

1. Titania
2. Polaris
3. Gamora
4. Misty Knight
5. Jocosta
6. Squirrel Girl (this would be a fun figure)
7. Marionette
B.A.F. Medusa
Report Spam   Logged

Stars
Advisor
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 04:08:17 pm »

Well, I did know someone there, and I think I may have asked them to pick one up, but I don't remember. Besides, he's unreliable anyway. Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Stars
Report Spam   Logged

bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 192

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2012, 06:44:09 pm »

My TRU got these in.  No regular Iron Man, and the $18 tag will keep from getting full sets from TRU.  Picked up the villains.  Thor is pretty massive and looked great, but he doesn't come with a Terrax piece and I'm happy with my modern version from Marvel Select.

While I'm not a fan of the buck used on Constrictor, and don't like the hips on either figure, they've been utilized nicely here.  Klaw's right leg is a bit warped, and his sonic weapon isn't a perfect circle.  I can work on those with hot water.  Paint job is solid on both figures, and both have really nice head sculpts.  I wish Constrictor's cables had a bit of wiring in them to give them some poseablilty.  The joints on his figure are also pretty loose, especially the ab crunch.  Overall, I'd give them about a 6/10 each, considering the $18 price point at TRU. 

Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2012, 08:12:51 pm »