Action Figure Blues Forum
October 20, 2017, 10:50:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DCUC Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DCUC Discussion thread  (Read 24305 times)
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1138

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: October 08, 2017, 10:20:45 pm »

I understand (in principle) that Mattel doesn't wanna flood the market with action figures.  I know that they certainly don't want comic waves to step on the movie waves.  I get it.  In any given year, Hasbro/Marvel puts out quite a bit more comic accurate six inch product than Mattel/DC. 

But I'd still like to see a solid five Multiverse waves a year (every 2.5 months), plus whatever movie waves get made.  Don't know if that'll happen, but it would be nice.  And some exclusives.   

DC comics turned a corner this weekend.  You can feel the excitement from the execs, from the freelancers, and most importantly, the fans.  The enthusiasm is something like I've never seen from a comic company.  Metal is awesome.  I think it's spinoffs will be great too.  They talk about these artists "moving the needle", but DC has very stealthily installed some great writers on these books too.  Very smart.  Eight titles and counting.  More to come from some hints they dropped.  Doomsday Clock could be the start of a new era for DC, like the Crisis on Infinite Earths.  Rebirth ends in November.  I'm more than willing to go down the Metal/Doomday Clock rabbit hole.     

So when I say I want a Damage C&C or the Terrifics, or Silencer, I'm not exaggerating.  I'd punch a nun for Tom Strong.  It may take a while to get them into production, but I'm willing to wait.  Mix 'em in with the Rebirth figures.  'Cause I still want my Red Hood and the Outlaws and Titans.         
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure