Action Figure Blues Forum
October 19, 2017, 04:12:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DCUC Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DCUC Discussion thread  (Read 24304 times)
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1138

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: October 09, 2017, 06:38:22 pm »

The multiverse waves are way too disjointed. I buy figures -- based on the characters and not a theme, but this picking and choosing between nu 52, TV, movies, Elseworlds and whatever else is at play makes for a very uncohesive wave, and I think, hurts shelf presence.

Longer answer...

The current Rookie wave is filled with Batman characters.  Bats himself, Batwing, and Rookie all in current looks and fit the "Team Detective" theme.  Rookie is Luke Fox' new lab assistant.  Reaper is a classic villain/Gotham vigilante.  Duke is a little late in his Robins costume.  And TV Atom which will peg warm. 

Next wave up is Clayface.  More Team Detective with Clayface and Batwoman.  Batman villain with Two Face.  Superman and Jessica Cruz looks like Justice League team building.  Odd man out is TV Martian Manhunter. 

The Luthor wave contains five Rebirth figures.  Wonder Woman, Vixen, Baz, Ray, and Lex.  Gotham by Gaslight Batman is Multiverse/Elseworld, and a nice bone comes our way in the form of an 80's Byrne style Bizarro.  No TV figures at all.   

These waves are starting to congeal a bit more.   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure