Action Figure Blues Forum
February 21, 2019, 06:19:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DC Mattel Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Mattel Discussion thread  (Read 35586 times)
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1148

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: February 08, 2019, 07:53:59 pm »

Been thinking about this.  Now there's another guy on Fwoosh who actually works for the 4H as a freelance sculptor says all he knows is that Spin Masters has the license.  But he admits that he doesn't know if that's the only license floating around. 

I'm still hoping that someone has the license for six inch scale DC figures that can actually do the job.  Making both comic and movie figures.  Someone who will keep the spirit of DCUC alive like the Super 7 have kept MotUC alive.  Someone who will hire the 4H and continue with the JLGL style guide vibe that Tim Bruckner actually started at DCD way back when.  I don't know if that has a prayer of happening.  IF a comic accurate line survives all this, I imagine we get a full on reboot.  Back to zero.  Square one.  Keeping that in mind, I've a few scenarios:

1) The Whole Thing:  All of the DCU from 1935-2020 and beyond.  Dr. Occult to Naomi, Superman to Porcupine Pete, Adam Strange to Zatanna.  Everything DC owns.  All heroes, villains, major supporting characters, and even secret ID figures for the top tier.  Every character, every version, every costume, every era, and yes, Multiverse/Elseworlds.  DC, Quality, Fawcett, Charlton, Vertigo, Wildstorm, Watchmen, Camelot 3000, Slash Maraud, Thriller, and any other DC characters not considered a part of the main DCU.  Like Watchmen until 3 years ago.  I know this won't happen, but it's the dream.  This is my preferred reboot.

2) The Sweet Spot:  1980-2020.  Start with the first appearance of the New Teen Titan and work forward from there.  This is the DCU most of us grew up in.  From what I read and infer from my fellow interweb fans, this is what I perceive most of them want.  With a cutoff in 2011.  New Teen Titans to Flashpoint.  I can assure you that won't happen.  They may not do much New 52, but there's no way they'll cut out Rebirth. 

3) The Anniversary Edition:  2020 is DC's 85th Anniversary.  Big whoop.  But it's also the 80th Anniversary of the JSA, the 60th Anniversary of the JLA, and the 40th Anniversary of the New Teen Titans.  With members, associates, villains and supporting cast from these three teams alone, you can reach out and touch 50-60% of the entire DCU.  Easy.  2020 could be a really cool year.  If The Powers That Be allow it.  This is what's called Synchronicity.  Karma.  Kismet.  A fucking cosmic clue you fucking dipshits.   

4) Rebirth:  I've enjoyed the hell out of Rebirth.  I frankly think that DC comics haven't been this good in a very long time.  IMHO.  FWIW.  YMMV.  Take the Heritage Heroes in the top tier:

Superman and Family
Batman and Family
Wonder Woman and Family
Green Lantern and the GLC
Flash and Family
Green Arrow and Family
Aquaman and Family
Hawkman and Family

The various Justice League and Titans lineups and well as Young Justice, (And hopefully JSA soon).

Other Heritage characters like:

Martian Manhunter
Blue Beetle
Shazam Family
Freedom Fighters

Current versions of the various Multiverse characters.

And characters from the Major Rebirth era events like Metal, Doomsday Clock, and Heroes in Crisis.  Shake well.  Fill in with other Rebirth era characters as needed.  I think this may be the most likely of my scenarios.  Not that this is gonna happen either, but I think it'll be closer that any of the others.

I'd be cool with any of these honestly.  I just want six inch comic accurate DC figures to continue at retail.                 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:55:51 pm by Gardner Grayle » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure