Action Figure Blues Forum
December 17, 2017, 07:26:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The official DC Collectibles Thread

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The official DC Collectibles Thread  (Read 11155 times)
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1139

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 26, 2017, 09:23:14 am »

I've had three major themed collections of action figures as an adult spanning 20 odd years or so.  Spawn/Indy comic, DCD/DCC, and DCUC and related.  I also picked up a pretty wide assortment of other figures as well with no connecting themes.  Just liked 'em I guess.  And when it was time to quit Spawn and DCD, I was almost happy about it.  Time was up and I was over it.  Each collection got sold/traded off.  Done.  Few regrets.

That didn't happen with DCUC.  I was angry when I quit.  Angry over the changes to the line.  Angry over the stupid sub.  Pissed at myself that I cheaped out over the LSH set.  I sold off my collection with many regrets.  Spending the next few years not buying much of anything action figure related.  Then a few years ago, I was in a comic shop that had obviously just bought someone's DCUC collection.  And I started up again.  At first it was just gonna be JSA and Kirby stuff.  That didn't last long.  I started building various niches and I'm about 20 figures, give or take, from completing those niches.  Doubtful I'll ever go back to being the pseudo completest I was back in the day.  I'm OK with that.  But I wasn't ready to quit back then.  Despite all it's problems and flaws, DCUC is still my favorite figure line of all time.  I'm still not ready to quit even though "classic" is pretty much off the table.  So Rebirth/Metal/New Age of Heroes/Doomsday Clock doesn't bother me much.  I'd even buy some New 52/DC You if they made something interesting like Frankenstein or Prez.

I've adjusted my attitude to reflect the new reality of the Mattel/DC relationship.         
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

QC: 377

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 26, 2017, 04:16:37 pm »

Very interesting, GARD. 

Me?  I want more Archers and Speedsters, but I'm not counting on them happening.  There's NO chance of the C List characters I want nor any BRONZE Age era stuff, especially if it's not BAT related.  Sure, anything is possible, as proven by DR. PSYCHO, but I just can't count on it.  It's like counting on a winning lottery ticket.

As I said earlier, I'm guaranteed a SIGNAL figure, so I guess I have that to look forward to.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 26, 2017, 06:43:28 pm »

Very interesting, GARD. 

Me?  I want more Archers and Speedsters, but I'm not counting on them happening.  There's NO chance of the C List characters I want nor any BRONZE Age era stuff, especially if it's not BAT related.  Sure, anything is possible, as proven by DR. PSYCHO, but I just can't count on it.  It's like counting on a winning lottery ticket.

As I said earlier, I'm guaranteed a SIGNAL figure, so I guess I have that to look forward to.

Archers and Speedsters are some of my faves as well.  But truthfully Mattel won't have to try real hard to get my money as I'm resigned to modern figures, to the point where I actually want a lot of them.  The current cast of Detective is high on my list as is the lineup of both Titans books.  We all know more Bat-Family is on the way.  The Outlaws may well be my current most wanted.  Plus Super Sons.  Yes. 

But I'm loving Metal.  I would buy the seven Dark Batmen and a C&C Barbatos.  But even more than that, I'd like to see some of the New Age of Heroes characters spinning out of Metal.  Especially the Terrifics (I'd punch a nun for Tom Strong), and Damage.  Sideways sounds like a lot of fun too. 

And who knows what's waiting for us when the Doomsday Clock chimes?   Grin  That new design for Jay Garrick is made to be an action figure.  The rest of the JSA could/should be lurking.     
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 716

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 27, 2017, 01:39:50 am »

I have no real want list anymore.

I just get whatever enhances my DCUC collection. Be it DC Direct or in the case of Atomika, Icons. I have no real attachment to Professor Pyg, but he's a Batman villain and when I can get him for 75% off, you can bet he's going on the Batvillain shelf.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 27, 2017, 07:16:00 am »

I still have a long, very unrealistic wishlist.  A huge chunk of it from before 1987.  Much of it consisting of oddballs like Claw, Stalker, the Atomic Knights, Space Ranger, Amethyst, Tommy Tomorrow, Warlord, etc.  I'm certainly not holding my breath.  I'm far too much of a realist.  Which is why I shifted my focus onto what's happening currently in DC Comics.  It gives me a far better chance at being pleasantly surprised than crushingly disappointed.

Vixen, Ray, and Gotham by Gaslight Batman give me hope for the future.  At least where Mattel is concerned.  DCC is lost in the wilderness.       
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 27, 2017, 02:04:47 pm »

I will definitely be 3D printing CLAW, STALKER, and WARLORD down the road.  I'm not sure as to whether or not I'll attempt to paint them.  I assume they would be printed out in separate parts, so that would make it easier.

I might even print SLASH MARAUD and KING ARTHUR, too.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:58:05 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 28, 2017, 07:47:01 am »

I'm not looking for 3D printing to be the answer.  First, it's gotta be affordable.  Then it's gotta scale with what I've got.  Plus, I'm not painting anything.  If I have to assemble it, so be it, but if I have to paint it, I'll seriously fuck it up. 

So I do hope it happens.  But I do want it to be right if it does. 
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
The Complete Monger

QC: 556

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 28, 2017, 09:51:59 am »

It won't be something that's suddenly perfect.  It's going to gradually get better.  A co-worker printed some stuff for my step-son.  It still has the striation issue, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that pieces could be printed that connect (think a ring around a pole) without printing separate pieces.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 28, 2017, 12:51:02 pm »

Oh, it'll probably be quite a few years before I have them.  3D printing isn't common enough yet.  And I know they won't fit in seamlessly with what I already own, but that doesn't even bother me.  I think they'll be a fun little project.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure