Action Figure Blues Forum
October 19, 2017, 04:51:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DCUC Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DCUC Discussion thread  (Read 24304 times)
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Convention Exclusive

QC: 376

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: August 19, 2017, 12:49:40 pm »

You got your IMPULSE, so hopefully, I can eventually get either.....

-REBIRTH KID FLASH ( Classic Wally ) or Nu KID FLASH ( Black Wally in red/yellow costume ).  I love that freaking costume. 
Report Spam   Logged

"Here's another fine mess you've gotten us into...."
Chooch
The Complete Monger

QC: 545

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 03, 2017, 10:58:24 pm »

http://news.toyark.com/2017/09/03/flash-justice-league-page-screen-set-mattel-268939

It's a good bet Rebirth Flash will be in the next wave of Multiverse.  He was pretty much a lock already I guess.
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Chase Figure

QC: 88

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 04, 2017, 08:05:40 am »

Boy, they sure are getting more mileage out of those old Superman red/blue energy effects than they have any right to.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Convention Exclusive

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 04, 2017, 01:32:27 pm »

It's a good bet Rebirth Flash will be in the next wave of Multiverse.  He was pretty much a lock already I guess.

With the current goings-on in the DC Multiverse, there needs to be a whole slew of FLASH figures in development.  Then again, this is WARNER BROS we are talking about.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1138

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 04, 2017, 09:19:24 pm »

With the current goings-on in the DC Multiverse, there needs to be a whole slew of FLASH figures in development.  Then again, this is WARNER BROS we are talking about.

Actually, I'm guessing not.  At least not now.  This is the Rebirth Flash.  We won't get another for a while.  My guess is that by the end of 2018, we'll have the full lineup of both Justice League titles.  Plus associates.  Batman is here.  Superman, Cruz, Wonder Woman, Baz, Ray, Vixen, and the Flash are all on the way.  Which leaves Cyborg, Aquaman, Mera, and a New 52/Rebirth Hal Jordan.  Plus Lobo, Black Canary, Atom/Choi, and Killer Frost.  Cyborg, Mera, and Lobo will require new tooling.  Especially Cyborg.  Mattel has to milk the Justice League for all it's worth.  The movie comes out in November.  Blu-ray/DVD hits a few months later.  A few months after that, it'll be on HBO on Saturday night.  And about the time Aquaman hits theaters in Dec of 2018, the Justice League movie will probably hit TNT.  Thirteen months between movies and Mattel needs to fill that gap with something.  Probably JL figures. 

And I still want both Wally Wests.     
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Convention Exclusive

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 04, 2017, 09:35:06 pm »

Oh well....if that's true, which it probably is, I have plenty of other stuff to collect.  Like I've said a million times, between back issues and older toy releases, I have enough stuff to keep me occupied for years.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:38:32 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 04, 2017, 10:05:05 pm »

I did mean that all of those figures will be Rebirth, not DCEU..  And I'm sure that's not all we get.  Lets figure four, seven figure waves for next year plus about 6-10 (my guess) store exclusives.  Total of about 40 Multiverse characters.  Lets go with one TV figure per wave.  Plus the eight I mentioned above.  Subtract the Luthor wave of seven and we still have approximately 20 figures (mostly Rebirth) that we don't know.  And it appears they will be throwing us classic bones as well.  YMMV on what you consider "classic". 

But yeah, I still think League members (current) are getting fast-tracked.       
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 04, 2017, 10:55:25 pm »

And I meant to say that the reason some figures (like Flash) won't have much new tooling is because Cyborg will require so much.  100% new tool?  Probably. 
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Convention Exclusive

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 05, 2017, 12:04:25 am »

TOY FAIR '18 should be pretty interesting. think.gif

I'm really hoping to see about 3 characters that I want.  I'm sure that I'll see more than 3 that look great, but I have to reeeeally want a figure to shell out the bucks these days. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:22:08 am by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 712

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 05, 2017, 03:26:42 am »

Oh well....if that's true, which it probably is, I have plenty of other stuff to collect.  Like I've said a million times, between back issues and older toy releases, I have enough stuff to keep me occupied for years.

Yah, this is me. So much other stuff to focus on.

As I noted several pages back, I don't think about 6" DC much anymore. If their waves are going to consist of a combination of comic, movie and TV figures, then I'm unlikely to ever get a C&C again as I have zero interest in anything other than comic versions. I want that King Shark, but I'm not interested in a single figure in the wave.

Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 05, 2017, 07:14:57 am »

TOY FAIR '18 should be pretty interesting. think.gif

I'm really hoping to see about 3 characters that I want.  I'm sure that I'll see more than 3 that look great, but I have to reeeeally want a figure to shell out the bucks these days. 

I'm thinking Mattel may show something at NYCC 2017.  They seem pretty enthusiastic about this line again. 
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 05, 2017, 07:37:53 am »

As I noted several pages back, I don't think about 6" DC much anymore. If their waves are going to consist of a combination of comic, movie and TV figures, then I'm unlikely to ever get a C&C again as I have zero interest in anything other than comic versions. I want that King Shark, but I'm not interested in a single figure in the wave.

I see this as a fluid situation since Sunday of SDCC 2017.  DCC and any Mattel TV/movie figures are still non-starters for me.  As are the higher end figures/figurines.  Mattel Multiverse comic accurate is all I collect.  It's the proverbial collecting hill I make my last stand on.  We seem to be moving away from TV figures.  One a piece in the Rookie and Clayface waves.  None at all in the Luthor wave which also consists of more figures.  So that's a good sign.  "Classic" is still on the table with Dr. Psycho and 80's Bizarro.  Multiverse/Elseworlds is also back with GbG Batman. 

I guess it also doesn't hurt that for me, team building has become secondary to family and niche building.  I've come to find that dynamic a bit more interesting.  Even in the comics.  Especially in the comics. 

And there's also something I haven't quite decided on yet.  Rebirth has been a second chance for my comic collection.  So in the next few months, I'll be deciding on whether or not to go all in on Mattel Rebirth figures.  As it is, I've been cherry picking.  Niche building as usual for me.  But at the moment at least, there's a better than even chance I just might go for it.  Any/all Rebirth figures going forward.  And FWIW for those not reading the comics, we're getting into the interesting part now as we head into Doomsday Clock.

*I also think we get some Metal figures sooner rather than later.   
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Convention Exclusive

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: September 05, 2017, 01:55:00 pm »

It's a shame that they never did Comic Accurate versions of some of the TV characters:

-HEATWAVE
-KILLER FROST
-ARSENAL
-COUNT VERTIGO
-WEATHER WIZARD
-GYPSY
-MERYLYN
-JESSE QUICK
-RIP HUNTER
-MON-EL
-Black KID FLASH
-PLASTIQUE

That's just off the top of my head.  I know there's been several more than that.

But yeah, it's gonna be cool to see a return to more Comic themed stuff.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:24:51 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
The Complete Monger

QC: 545

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 05, 2017, 02:02:53 pm »

Comics: always there for toy companies when TV and Movies fall through.  Just like a healthy relationship with your ex.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 05, 2017, 02:07:15 pm »

With movies more than a year apart, it's inevitable.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure