Action Figure Blues Forum
December 17, 2017, 07:26:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DCUC Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 124   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DCUC Discussion thread  (Read 24963 times)
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

QC: 377

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: October 08, 2017, 06:39:52 pm »

I wouldn't mind a new TOM STRONG figure with articulated knees.  I'm very happy with my JUSTICE PLAZ, but a new one in a new costume might be cool.

Any new DC characters seeing plastic is always a good thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1139

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 08, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »

Tom Strong would be awesome.  And I'm not discounting anything because of the Ray.  This is wide open.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 08, 2017, 10:20:45 pm »

I understand (in principle) that Mattel doesn't wanna flood the market with action figures.  I know that they certainly don't want comic waves to step on the movie waves.  I get it.  In any given year, Hasbro/Marvel puts out quite a bit more comic accurate six inch product than Mattel/DC. 

But I'd still like to see a solid five Multiverse waves a year (every 2.5 months), plus whatever movie waves get made.  Don't know if that'll happen, but it would be nice.  And some exclusives.   

DC comics turned a corner this weekend.  You can feel the excitement from the execs, from the freelancers, and most importantly, the fans.  The enthusiasm is something like I've never seen from a comic company.  Metal is awesome.  I think it's spinoffs will be great too.  They talk about these artists "moving the needle", but DC has very stealthily installed some great writers on these books too.  Very smart.  Eight titles and counting.  More to come from some hints they dropped.  Doomsday Clock could be the start of a new era for DC, like the Crisis on Infinite Earths.  Rebirth ends in November.  I'm more than willing to go down the Metal/Doomday Clock rabbit hole.     

So when I say I want a Damage C&C or the Terrifics, or Silencer, I'm not exaggerating.  I'd punch a nun for Tom Strong.  It may take a while to get them into production, but I'm willing to wait.  Mix 'em in with the Rebirth figures.  'Cause I still want my Red Hood and the Outlaws and Titans.         
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 09, 2017, 01:21:33 am »

There's absolutely nothing I can add to what you said, and at this point, you have your pulse on what DC is doing whereas I'm still sitting outside the stadium in the parking lot.

I'm 1000% positive that The SIGNAL will be made.  I have a really strong feeling about METAL figures, too.  I'm sure some more REBIRTH figures will be coming out.  It sounds like you're right about DC being at an entirely new place, so who knows what else will be coming?  I agree that MATTEL won't put out nearly as much stuff as HASBRO/MARVEL.

The next few years should be interesting. think.gif
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 09, 2017, 08:08:03 am »

Stop tailgating and come into the game.  I'm pretty sure you'd love Batman and Detective.  No goofy hipster shit to wade through.  Just a couple of good, old school comics.  Red Hood and the Outlaws is almost as good.  Flash has been fantastic since Rebirth.  Give 'em a go.  TPBs are out on all of them.  Try the first one.  And if you only try one, go with Detective. 

As for Metal, I think this kicks open the gates for just about anything.  I'd love to see Kamandi and Warlord both get ongoing titles.   

Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 180

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 09, 2017, 09:12:42 am »

The multiverse waves are way too disjointed. I buy figures -- based on the characters and not a theme, but this picking and choosing between nu 52, TV, movies, Elseworlds and whatever else is at play makes for a very uncohesive wave, and I think, hurts shelf presence.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 09, 2017, 09:21:49 am »

I believe that is evolving as we speak.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 09, 2017, 06:38:22 pm »

The multiverse waves are way too disjointed. I buy figures -- based on the characters and not a theme, but this picking and choosing between nu 52, TV, movies, Elseworlds and whatever else is at play makes for a very uncohesive wave, and I think, hurts shelf presence.

Longer answer...

The current Rookie wave is filled with Batman characters.  Bats himself, Batwing, and Rookie all in current looks and fit the "Team Detective" theme.  Rookie is Luke Fox' new lab assistant.  Reaper is a classic villain/Gotham vigilante.  Duke is a little late in his Robins costume.  And TV Atom which will peg warm. 

Next wave up is Clayface.  More Team Detective with Clayface and Batwoman.  Batman villain with Two Face.  Superman and Jessica Cruz looks like Justice League team building.  Odd man out is TV Martian Manhunter. 

The Luthor wave contains five Rebirth figures.  Wonder Woman, Vixen, Baz, Ray, and Lex.  Gotham by Gaslight Batman is Multiverse/Elseworld, and a nice bone comes our way in the form of an 80's Byrne style Bizarro.  No TV figures at all.   

These waves are starting to congeal a bit more.   
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 10, 2017, 12:47:31 am »

I'm crossing my fingers for FRANKENSTEIN. 

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:49:12 am by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 11, 2017, 07:17:02 am »

I know you cherry pick so I hope you like the wave when he finally shows up.  He will likely be the C&C.   Wink

As for myself, I think (know) my "realistic wish list" has changed substantially over the last couple of weeks to include a lot of Metal related characters.  Including the Dark Batmen.  Even Barbatos.  The new spinoff characters would be fun too.  Including a new, more affordable Plastic Man and Metamorpho.  I still would like a lot of Rebirth figures too which I still think we get regardless.  Justice League, JLA, Team Detective, Titans, and hopefully the Outlaws should all be in the pipeline.   
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 11, 2017, 12:58:35 pm »

I know you cherry pick so I hope you like the wave when he finally shows up.  He will likely be the C&C.   Wink

Haha!  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that happened.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 11, 2017, 08:37:43 pm »

Little tidbit of gossip, I saw where Cornboy said on a podcast that the 4H have turned over two full new waves of Multiverse to Mattel.  The podcast was from before NYCC.  Seems like things are going OK with this line.   
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 11, 2017, 11:14:31 pm »

Awesome sauce!  I can't wait to see who's up next!
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 30, 2017, 07:48:45 am »

Toy Fair is still three and a half months away.  Sad

But I still think we go heavy on Batman and Justice League.  Cyborg is way overdue.  Aquaman and Mera need to get done.  Choi/Atom, Killer Frost, Lobo, and Black Canary should be getting close.  I hate to say it but Hal Jordan in his current threads should be done as well.  As if we didn't have enough Jordans.  Personally, I'm not down with either version of the League at the moment.  But I'd still buy most of the above. 

The Batman side however, makes me grin like a fifteen year old boy in a whorehouse.  Red Robin, Spoiler, Orphan, Azrael, Red Hood, Gotham Girl, Signal, Huntress, Talon, Blue Jay, Flamebird, Nightwing, and Harley Quinn.  And I'm in for both a Tim Drake/Batman and a Thomas Wayne/Batman too.  Both of which would sell like hotcakes at a fat farm.     
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 30, 2017, 01:15:21 pm »

I'm probably crazy, but I'm still hoping for a black Wally KID FLASH, a GREEN ARROW, a new Wally FLASH(?), and possibly ARSENAL.  I truly HATE that Goddamned baseball cap, but I'd probably still buy him.

I'd eat a lightbulb for a Wally KID FLASH from REBIRTH, but there's 0% chance of that. Angry
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:21:06 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 124   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure