Action Figure Blues Forum
December 16, 2017, 03:14:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DCUC Discussion thread

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DCUC Discussion thread  (Read 24963 times)
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 76

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: November 17, 2017, 09:06:04 pm »

and I think Ezra Miller is a huge comic fan so he I believe respects the material.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 716

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 18, 2017, 03:56:17 pm »

Not having Amell as Green Arrow in JL was a huge mistake.

He would fit in well with the cast. Grant would have been okay, but I have to admit that the new guy as movie Flash won me over.

But that costume.....ugggh
Report Spam   Logged

kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 180

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 18, 2017, 08:38:33 pm »

He would fit in well with the cast. Grant would have been okay, but I have to admit that the new guy as movie Flash won me over.

But that costume.....ugggh

Agree with you. This is where the actor made up for the dreadful wardrobe choice. Armor on a Flash is shit!
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

QC: 377

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: November 19, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »

You would not believe the amount of Civilians I talk to who have NO IDEA that the CW network exists, let alone ARROW, The FLASH, DC LEGENDS, and SUPERGIRL.  It's kind of frustrating. 
Report Spam   Logged

Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

QC: 91

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 07, 2017, 05:29:30 am »

https://paulmartstore.com/products/dc-comics-multiverse-set-of-4-wonder-woman-wondergirl-superman-aquaman

The mini-wave of DK3 Wonder Woman, Wondergirl (with BAF Dr Psycho), Super Friends Superman, and SF Aquaman looks to be starting to trickle out.

Over on Fwoosh we're all trying to rack our brains figuring out if Superman has sculpted boots.

Solid little set for me. Definitely want Dr. Psycho, Wondergirl, and Superman. It's only taken about 10 years, but we're finally getting Superman in his correct colors.
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

QC: 91

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 07, 2017, 08:37:01 am »

And packaged shots of the Clayface wave. I want the CNC and don't care for any modern stuff, but they all look good. Happy to see comic figures at least. Superman's face looks great, I'll definitely swap that onto the SF Supes to continue my quest for a definitive Superman.

Quote from: jokerjester
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
The Complete Monger

QC: 556

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 07, 2017, 10:24:19 am »

Superman frowning seems wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1139

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 07, 2017, 10:56:14 am »

Heís being stoic.

Donít need Martian Manhunter except for the C&C part and now Black Mercy.

This is Rebirth Superman 1.0.  I really expected Mattel to change the boots to red.  Obviously, Rebirth Superman 2.0 is coming.

Batwoman looks fantastic.

Donít buy GLs as a rule except for Earth humans.  Jessica is acceptable.

Rebirth Two Face looks OK.  I might be all in for all Rebirth.

Rebirth Clayface might well be the best C&C since Chemo.

Love Cassie WG.

DKR Wonder Woman might be my most wanted.

Two cents given.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
The Complete Monger

QC: 556

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 07, 2017, 12:51:43 pm »

I'm buying DKR WW and CW Martian Manhunter just for the CnC pieces.  Manhunter at least looks something like one of his comic outfits.  DKR WW is just fugly.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 07, 2017, 01:13:02 pm »

I like her.

And yeah, Dr. Psycho .  Yes.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 07, 2017, 02:07:13 pm »

It's funny that SUPES no longer wears those dull, drab blue boots, but why not make a figure of him the way he looked for 15 whole minutes??

I see that they made a WONDER WOMAN almost as ugly as Frank Miller's art.  Technically, that's exactly how she should look, but God I hate his art. 

Otherwise, very nice looking figures.  Nothing that I want, but for DC nowadays, that's par for the course.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:13:47 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 716

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 07, 2017, 03:04:25 pm »

I understand why they're including other media versions of characters now, but in all honesty, Mattel have lost me as a fan and a buyer.
Since the change I think the only figure I've picked up is the Black Superman. There's a couple more I want like The Reaper that I simply haven't been arsed to track down yet. I just don't have the fan enthusiasm to do so.

What hurts are the cool C&Cs. I want that King Shark, but don't want a single figure in the wave. Once upon a time I'd have bought the whole wave to get Clayface, then sold off the figs I don't want. But I only want Jessica so it's a large outlay for little return.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 07, 2017, 03:46:35 pm »

I understand why they're including other media versions of characters now, but in all honesty, Mattel have lost me as a fan and a buyer.
Since the change I think the only figure I've picked up is the Black Superman. There's a couple more I want like The Reaper that I simply haven't been arsed to track down yet. I just don't have the fan enthusiasm to do so.

What hurts are the cool C&Cs. I want that King Shark, but don't want a single figure in the wave. Once upon a time I'd have bought the whole wave to get Clayface, then sold off the figs I don't want. But I only want Jessica so it's a large outlay for little return.

I can understand that sentiment.  But I cling to this line for a lot of reasons.  In 2011 when "Fangirl" announced DCUC was over, I wasn't done.  In 2014 when we got the "fuck off Super Powers" wave, I was pissed.  When they came back (sort of) in 2016, I was cautiously hopeful and still am.  

DCSH/DCUC/Multiverse is the only line I collect.  It's the dream line I've wanted since DCD started in 1998.  Dreams die hard.  Toy Fair is a little over two months away.  I think that will tell us what we need to know.  If Mattel will step up or not.  Especially since Aquaman isn't coming until December of 2018 and Shazam isn't coming until Spring of 2019.  There has been a definite trend toward more comic characters.  Lets hope it keeps up.        
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 07, 2017, 04:23:30 pm »

I totally get what you're saying, GARD.  It would totally suck if DC was the only thing you were collecting.  To me personally, I lost almost all hope when they pulled the plug on DCUC.  Anything since then has been a 99% SUPER-GREEN-BAT fan service.  Before, there was a fairly decent chance of almost any C-List character showing up.  Now?  There's a 1 in 5000 chance of 1 showing up per 3 waves.  And even a lot of B Listers have no chance. 

I have pretty much given up any hope just based on their recent approach.  Variety isn't impossible...but it's highly unlikely.  1 Dr. Psycho per year kind of sucks.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:29:50 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 07, 2017, 04:49:04 pm »

Ray and Vixen don’t count?  And both can almost double for pre Flashpoint.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure