Action Figure Blues Forum
December 16, 2017, 03:15:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mighty Marvel Comics discussion

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mighty Marvel Comics discussion  (Read 10195 times)
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

QC: 377

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: October 07, 2017, 02:07:17 pm »

I think having new characters could be great too, but I'm tired of every character having to be a derivative of classic characters, yet they are "superior" to their original counterparts.... These characters haven't earned the greatness that is supposedly being bestowed upon them. 

I could not possibly agree more.  MARVEL did try too hard.  It reminds me of almost any commercial or TV show I see nowadays with kids or teens in them.  You MUST have a black kid, an Asian kid, a Spanish kid, an Indian kid and I think there's a rule that there must be more females than males.

With all these 'replacements', it's almost like MARVEL was apologizing for decades of white males being front and center.

All of you guys hit on several fantastic points.  If you have event after event after event, then 'events' stop being meaningful.  If you have Christmas every single month, then December 25th isn't going to be that big of a deal.

CHOOCH, you really nailed it when you said that DC actually has you willingly spending money to buy their books, and are trying bring back long time readers.  I honestly think MARVEL is aiming most of their canons at Movie Goers and I-Just-Got-Into-Comics-a-Few-Years-Ago-Because-of-the-Movies types.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:32:34 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure