Action Figure Blues Forum
August 17, 2018, 01:43:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Action Comics #874 - Mon-El, Guardian & Tellus!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Action Comics #874 - Mon-El, Guardian & Tellus!  (Read 818 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:04:46 pm »

I really enjoyed this comic as a Legion fan - although working out how Mon-El fits there while Legion of Three World is going on is pretty confusabubbling. I suspect LO3W was meant to be done by the time this came out. Was still interesting to see him though.

Really enjoyed the Guardian backup story because a) I like the character b) it reminded me we're getting a rocking action figure of him and c) it has Tellus in it - just one panel, but I really can't wait to see what he's doing there and what role he has to play in the current time period.

Other thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Social Buttons

Kimmel Prime
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:36:15 pm »

I have loved the Superman family comics since OYL, I have always liked the Jim Harper Guardian, so I am really excited to see him getting used. I am going to have to do some research though, since I don't know much about the Legion so I am unfamiliar with Tellus.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 07:27:23 pm »

Yeah, what Tellus is doing there is anyone's guess. Hope it makes sense and a good story.

A Tellus Collect & Connect would rock greatly.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
rexmason
Pegwarmer

QC: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:07:00 pm »

I'm not a Guardian fan myself, although I will pick up his Mattel figure, as I think he'll look pretty good on a Superman shelf.  I just always found the character a bit stale, although he seems a bit more fleshed out currently.

I'm buying any Superman book that guest stars a Legion character, so I've been following Mon-El's story for a bit, and grabbed the Tellus appearance.  The books are basically pretty fun, but Superman isn't quite my cup of tea most days.
Report Spam   Logged
Coffee Joe
Frakkin' Posting Legend!
Variant

QC: 28

Gods damn it!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:11:57 pm »

I've been a fan of the Guardian since World Without A Superman, where I was first introduced to the character.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 03:51:32 am »

There seems to be some really interesting stuff happening with Guardian, the whole clone thing, etc. Plus he's got something to do with Tellus so I'm in!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure