Action Figure Blues Forum
April 02, 2020, 01:39:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mighty Marvel Comics discussion

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mighty Marvel Comics discussion  (Read 16044 times)
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: February 01, 2020, 02:33:09 am »

The Immortal Hulk is my fave comic at the moment. Al Ewing is a really interesting writer and his first issue of Guardians of the Galaxy ticked all the right boxes.
Punisher: Soviet by Garth Ennis is not surprisingly a great read.
Daredevil is also worth a look.
While I'd have Aaron back in a heartbeat, the new Thor was....not awful. Don't understand what all the hoo-hah is about Donny Cates though.

I was one of the only people on Earth not blown away by Powers/House of X. I really resented all those white pages with bullshit on them. In one issue a single page served as nothing more than a quote from Magneto earlier in the issue!!! Why? An entire page and they print a line of dialog. It was an excuse to get the page count of art down to just twenty per issue and we all fell for it. People lapped up Hickman's stuff.

Of the new X-Titles, I'm enjoying Marauders the most. Excalibur was a disappointment. I only picked it up for Rogue and she was in a coma the first five issues. As for "Fallen Angels", my goodness, what a wretched title that was. Boring story about a main character that no one cares about and that art by Kudranski is bizarre. It's as if everything takes place in a black room. His art is just so dark it's distracting.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 03:12:30 pm by fishmilkshake » Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 718

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 01, 2020, 12:52:42 pm »

To be fair... blank pages and info graphs are exactly what Hickman does. So at least it's not surprising.
Report Spam   Logged
spider-ben
Mint on Card

QC: 8

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 02, 2020, 10:04:24 am »

Fish hit the nail on the head with the x- titles. Immortal hulk is amazing.....only reason I'm behind on that is from all of the x-title nonsense I'm slugging through.  Just read x-men 4....whole issue was literally a meeting with other international leaders. It's making mutants sound like jerks.  I'm hoping they get better soon. Still need to get around to thor also.  I've been catching up on, and more importantly,  really enjoying DC lately. For the first time ever it's really put marvel on the back burner. 
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 17, 2020, 03:20:11 pm »

Fish hit the nail on the head with the x- titles. Immortal hulk is amazing.....only reason I'm behind on that is from all of the x-title nonsense I'm slugging through.  Just read x-men 4....whole issue was literally a meeting with other international leaders. It's making mutants sound like jerks.  I'm hoping they get better soon. Still need to get around to thor also.  I've been catching up on, and more importantly,  really enjoying DC lately. For the first time ever it's really put marvel on the back burner. 

Despite the minis, the new X-world doesn't feel very coherent. It's like they all sat around in a room and threw ideas on a white board and chose the "Coolest" sounding ones.
Fallen Angels was fucking awful. X-Force isn't much better. You'd think the lead title "X-Men" would be trailblazing, but it's a yawn. New Mutants has been good though. Marauders still tops the list.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure