Action Figure Blues Forum
November 18, 2019, 06:17:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What Do You Regret Selling?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Regret Selling?  (Read 739 times)
Alekotan
Pegwarmer

QC: 2

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2013, 01:06:06 pm »

I was thinking about my MOC MOTU action figures that I sold for about $30 each back in 2001. I actually had two He-Man MOC one was un-punched. Sold both for $75  Angry

I wasn't even that desperate for cash. I kick myself for doing that. 

Am I the only one or is there anyone else in here regret selling off some of their prized collections?
Report Spam   Logged

darthfoley
Variant

QC: 38

Burned.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »

Maybe my 25th Joe Alpine.
Report Spam   Logged
LukeyLuke
Chase Figure

QC: 40

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 04:59:55 pm »

Definitely my New Mutants #98. First appearance of Deadpool, Domino, and Gideon. I sold it for well under what it's worth. But that's not why I regret selling it. It was mine for like 20 years, and now it's just gone.    Sad
Report Spam   Logged

What's better than your friends? Killing the guy that ate your friends!
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 732

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:20:02 pm »

I kinda miss my Batman Lego since they brought out the follow up DC superhero stuff. But I was missing a set that was impossible to find for less than a kidney. So I sold the rest on ebay and made a freakin' fortune.
Report Spam   Logged

gabs1977
Limited Edition

QC: 31

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 06:24:54 pm »

ML xmen classics 10 bucks each...nearly had the complete set.I only kept Colossus , Cycke, Iceman, and Archangel.I had the first release and reissue. Deadpool $10 my ml spare.
Report Spam   Logged
Alekotan
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 06:27:54 pm »

Definitely my New Mutants #98. First appearance of Deadpool, Domino, and Gideon. I sold it for well under what it's worth. But that's not why I regret selling it. It was mine for like 20 years, and now it's just gone.    Sad

I know how you feel. In 2006 my wife and I decided to become professional travelers and lived in different cities in California 3-6 mos. at a time. For a while I was lugging around all my comic books and putting them into public storage. After a few years of doing this I got tired of carrying them around (comics are heavier than action figures.)So I gave them to a friend. I had all of the New Mutants and I had the first appearance of Hellboy in there and other cool stuff. Oh well such is life.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 06:29:23 pm »

I know how you feel. In 2006 my wife and I decided to become professional travelers and lived in different cities in California 3-6 mos. at a time. For a while I was lugging around all my comic books and putting them into public storage. After a few years of doing this I got tired of carrying them around (comics are heavier than action figures.)So I gave them to a friend. I had all of the New Mutants and I had the first appearance of Hellboy in there and other cool stuff. Oh well such is life.

You....gave away....your comics?  Cry

I feel faint......must lie down....
Report Spam   Logged

Alekotan
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 06:30:53 pm »

I kinda miss my Batman Lego since they brought out the follow up DC superhero stuff. But I was missing a set that was impossible to find for less than a kidney. So I sold the rest on ebay and made a freakin' fortune.

That's great you made out on it. I made good money selling off my DC Direct collection. I actually was unemployed and was about to be evicted. Those DC Directs saved my butt!
Report Spam   Logged
Alekotan
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 06:37:59 pm »

[/quo

You....gave away....your comics?  Cry

I feel faint......must lie down....

LOL! It went to good hands.  I gave it to my good friend who has an amazingly awesome collection of comic books. That guy has almost 200 long boxes of comic books. When I visit his house it's like I'm going into a time machine. He never throws away or sells anything.  I gave him 9 long boxes. 
Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 78

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 11:14:57 am »

i had  the blue snaggletooth i didn't even sell but gave away to a friend who was a big star wars fan in high school
the marvel studios 13" blade figure
some megos i had-green arrow.lizard,spiderman and the joker
my MOC collection of marvel legends,i had a bunch but sold due to space
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
78t-topps
Limited Edition

QC: 49

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 11:46:25 am »

I sold my New Teen Titans collection and a fair amount of comics , but I needed to eat
(last recession)
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 05:09:55 pm »

I still have that Blade figure PTB. I'd love to upgrade it to the Hot Toys one.

Jeez 78T....that's no good at all. But I guess you do what you gotta do  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

78t-topps
Limited Edition

QC: 49

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 05:13:41 pm »

no big now , it was way back in the 80's , kids are grown and gone , most of the bills are getting paid .....

god I'm old.... thud.gif
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 05:29:02 pm »

no big now , it was way back in the 80's , kids are grown and gone , most of the bills are getting paid .....

god I'm old.... thud.gif

We love you anyway grandpa!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Polarboy
Online Exclusive

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 06:21:17 pm »

Oh my, moving every few months just because sounds horrible, but then im pretty much housebound these days so what do I know.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure