Action Figure Blues Forum
October 21, 2019, 02:52:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS THREAD

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS THREAD  (Read 25207 times)
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

QC: 99

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: October 17, 2017, 05:49:35 am »

New pic of Fangor on 4H Instagram page. Looks awesome, really glad I preordered him.

Report Spam   Logged
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 192

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 17, 2017, 09:17:18 am »

Looks cool, though the fangs would be impractical.  Is that a wrench in his left hand?
Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
KOLOBOSREXX
Evil Master of MOTUC
Variant

QC: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 17, 2017, 01:26:41 pm »

...He's the Snake-Men's engineer/weapons-guy, so he includes a hammer, screwdriver & wrench!
Report Spam   Logged

..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 384

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 17, 2017, 01:42:38 pm »

I have never had any interest in any of the SNAKE MEN, except for KOBRA KHAN.  That said, each and every one of them has looked amazing.
Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 17, 2017, 02:03:10 pm »

I don't like how goofy Sssqueeze came out. He could've used a more 200X approach with a less Muppet looking head and snake heads for hands. A little darker color on him would've been nice too.

I don't know if the fangs are anymore impractical than having a giant elephant head on a firefighter or having a giant steel karate chop hand.  Wink

HA!  I hadn't noticed his wrench. Now I'm even more excited for him
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 17, 2017, 02:44:10 pm »

I don't know if the fangs are anymore impractical than having a giant elephant head on a firefighter or having a giant steel karate chop hand.  Wink

Even as a kid, I thought that a lot of the later MOTU characters were just too darned silly looking.  I had over a dozen of the earliest figures, but as the line went on, it seemed like every character was nothing more than a weird gimmick.  I quickly lost all interest.

Granted, the HORSEMEN seem to be able to make even the lamest character look really cool!

It depends on who you ask.  To many people, the entire HE-MAN catalog is silly and ridiculous.  To others, all Super Heroes are childish nonsense.  As always, YMMV. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:18:08 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1148

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 17, 2017, 05:34:02 pm »

I don't get into this because I have no connection to the property.  I don't have the money after buying my DC comics and Multiverse figures.  And any residual enjoyment would probably be ruined by the Orgers. 

But when you chop out the silly, stupid stuff, you have a pretty good S&S property.  I maintain that Vikor is the best Conan figure ever made.  Warriors, wizards, and monsters is really all you need.  Plunder?  Please?  Filmation did no favors to these guys except for exposure.     
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 17, 2017, 08:22:21 pm »

I love the goofiness though.

I got a large wall mirror in my new house with a small shelf on the bottom that I had enough space to put a few figures on. I opted for some Skeletor baddies which were mostly the goofier ones. Twistoid, Ninjor, Stinkor, Two Bad, Scareglow, Faker. Plus Skelly, Lynn, Merman, and Blade.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 691

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 17, 2017, 10:05:38 pm »

Yeah, the goofiness is the charm.

The new figs look great, but I can't justify the money.  Especially when S7 seem incompetent.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 18, 2017, 01:54:09 pm »

$35 bucks a figure, you have to order a set of 4, and that doesn't include shipping.  Plus, who knows what kind of delays there may be having to do with shipping, the plastic, the packaging, or anything?  Sounds like fun to me!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:07:02 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
KOLOBOSREXX
Evil Master of MOTUC
Variant

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 19, 2017, 02:24:37 pm »

...So the guys at Super 7 just confirmed the full accessory-assortment for their Wave 2 figures... With barely 2 weeks left in the pre-order, lol!  Of course there is an assload of drama at the .Org, because now simplified Filmation designs with NO "classicized" elements are working their way into Collector's Choice, which is SUPPOSED to be a continuation of the "Classics"-style... But whaddayagonnado, Right?  No way to possibly please everybody any more, lol... whistle.gif
Report Spam   Logged

..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1148

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 19, 2017, 04:47:59 pm »

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/19/masters-universe-gets-funko-pops/
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 19, 2017, 04:52:53 pm »

Of course there is an assload of drama at the .Org, because now simplified Filmation designs with NO "classicized" elements are working their way into Collector's Choice, which is SUPPOSED to be a continuation of the "Classics"-style...

Yeah, I've been following that.  The bottom line is that as long as sales don't drop dramatically, S7 is going to do whatever they want to do.  Most ORGERS have that "I'll buy it, but I don't have to like it" mentality. 

Dammit!  I don't like the way they are handling this!  I'll still buy 5 of each figure, but I am so angry, I might not open them!  Screw you S7!  Now, here's my credit card number!!

Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:40:42 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
KOLOBOSREXX
Evil Master of MOTUC
Variant

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 24, 2017, 01:56:04 pm »

...So now they are "updating" Granita to better fit with Stonedar & Rokkon, and Dylamug, while probably not different otherwise, will at least have a "toy-accurate" Horde-symbol to switch out with the "toon" one!  Some progress, I guess!
Report Spam   Logged

Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 25, 2017, 03:29:10 pm »

At the current price, I hope S7 keeps on making characters that I don't want.  innocent.gif
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:52:12 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure