Action Figure Blues Forum
August 16, 2018, 05:33:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS THREAD

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS THREAD  (Read 21488 times)
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

QC: 97

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: January 03, 2018, 01:34:03 pm »

Although I wouldn't put it past some stupid .Orger getting mad that their collection isn't complete without some random, lame, one-off Filmation character.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 384

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 03, 2018, 01:53:33 pm »

Currently, there's a thread over there where people are posting lists of the 100 characters they still want. 

I did NOT mistype that.   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:17:13 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Not Fitting in and Being Weird Since Birth
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1145

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 14, 2018, 09:20:54 pm »

https://www.cbr.com/he-man-masters-universe-reboot-films-spring-2018/

Release two years out.  Must be a lot of CGI budgeted. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:29:52 pm by Gardner Grayle » Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 78

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 16, 2018, 04:57:15 pm »

they say the latest classic and club greyskull waves should ship from super7 around feb 20th
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 17, 2018, 12:29:45 pm »

I headed over to He-man.org to check out what kind of fanboy anger got stirred up over S7's latest MOC pics and boy I wasn't disappointed.

There's full arguments over whether Tri-clops should be accurate to the actual animation cells or the damaged copies that some TV stations received that made him appear darker.

One person keeps going on rants about how Hordak is ruined because his package says "He-man as the Masters of the Universe" instead of S7 completely redesigning the package to say She-Ra for one figure.

And then there's this guy, getting way too pissy over the arbitrary bio on the back of the card. Does it look like the character you want it to? Guess what? IT'S THAT CHARACTER. Who gives a fuck what some copywriter slapped on the back?

I remain perplexed and annoyed at the billing that Hawke has received on her packaging ("HEROIC Feathered Fighter"), and the apparent "Masters Classics" canon "Whitewashing" of the character's treacherous past.

So, evidently, according to the Bio info extrapolated from The Magnificent Tome (which I recall mentioning being confused by when that book came out), this figure is the Masters Classics version of the character of Hawke, who, while looking just like the FILMation version, is actually Stratos' sister this time around, making her supposedly the MYP version instead (or possibly both at once??). THIS Hawke pulled a big "Betrayal of Stratos" moment in her past, but only because she was hypnotized by Evil-Lyn. Sooo Parallax cop-out. She then goes on to campaign for Stratos' job upon his death, and ferrets out a conspiracy in the backstory of his actual successor, Tufos, etc. etc.

While I am glad that this evidently means that there is no need to do a Variant figure of the MYP Hawke character, I am just wondering:

WHY. In. The. Name. Of. All. That. Is. HOLY!! can't anyone go near the odd circle of women comprising Stratos' home life without adding another layer of sediment to the already murky proceedings?? Thanks a lot, Bio writers, whoever/wherever You are!

Vent mode: Off.

I'm pleased that the figure looks as good as she does. She effectively ticks two of the "Women of Avion" boxes, while inadvertently (?) creating still another box to tick, and "X"es that too. Since MYP Hawke is evidently no longer needed, that just leaves either of two possible versions of Stratos' wife (and mother of his children), Delora!

Neither of whom, of course, came anywhere near placing well in our recent Character Poll.

Oh, well. I've been patient (sort of) this long...
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 17, 2018, 02:39:53 pm »

Can you imagine trying to please those people?  Then, imagine that there are dozens and dozens more, all just as angry and full of piss and vinegar.  But all with complete differences of opinion, and whopping senses of entitlement.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:44:20 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

retcon
Variant

QC: 24

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 17, 2018, 02:56:05 pm »

Careful what you say abou them here if you're a member there -- they'll ban you!

Seriously though, they're the sort of people that make me embarrassed to be a fan of anything.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 17, 2018, 03:01:16 pm »

Like Rocko said a long time ago...they're the Toy Taliban. 
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 17, 2018, 08:25:23 pm »

Careful what you say abou them here if you're a member there -- they'll ban you!

Seriously though, they're the sort of people that make me embarrassed to be a fan of anything.

I got banned a LONG time ago

I have the screenshot on my photobucket, I need to swap it over to something else
Report Spam   Logged
KOLOBOSREXX
Evil Master of MOTUC
Variant

QC: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 26, 2018, 05:32:00 pm »

...Super 7 has created more drama for themselves, lol... Filmation Teela is, arguably, a virtual train-wreck, Filmation Tri-Klops now has NEON-GREEN armor (based on a animation model that never appeared on the airings of the show), and Hawke is a bland mess. On the bright side, Lodar, Fangor, Quakke, Filmation Man-at-Arms, and Filmation Hordak all look pretty good, lol!
Report Spam   Logged

..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 29, 2018, 09:06:47 am »

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/power-con-2018-toy-exclusive-reveal-1-of-3-spikor/
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 19, 2018, 02:24:34 am »

http://super7hq.com/news/stridor-pre-sale

Out of the blue, S7 reveals Stridor with an ambitious July shipping date.

Everyone’s already pointed out his lack of paint detail, missing shield, and inaccurate helmet, but at the end of the day, I’m happy to get him. $60 isn’t as awful as the price could’ve been. 
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 613

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 19, 2018, 07:52:28 am »

Hmmm... $60 is a tempting price point, but shipping will probably be enough to put me out of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 19, 2018, 03:31:28 pm »

I would have thought it would be at least 80 bucks.  A good portion of the ORG is up in arms about Stridor's helmet, but some are OK with it. 
Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 613

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 19, 2018, 03:59:19 pm »

I think the new helmet is actually cooler looking than the original.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure