Action Figure Blues Forum
November 18, 2017, 11:30:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS THREAD

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 80   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS THREAD  (Read 16434 times)
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

QC: 377

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: June 30, 2017, 10:52:09 pm »

...Oh, I'm sure that IF ol' Brian Flynn can somehow profit off of selling "limited-run", retro-styled Filmation figures, and also producing the previously unmade He-Ro & Eldor, sell them for $30-40 a pop, and actually get "vintage" completists & collectors to bite, then he will probably inevitably put ALL of his focus on it & the 3 3/4 figures... cursing.gif  He's probably already finding out that the MOTUC fanbase is too diverse, too picky, and too hard to please, so I don't expect he will try catering to them for long!  And  it when he says "Sorry Guys, we just can't make MOTUC anymore!" I have no doubt he will place the blame squarely on the fanbase... Roll Eyes

Here's a simple way S7 could eliminate the CLASSICS line:  They could force an all-in thing, and start requiring an upfront payment without revealing the line-ups.  They could make up some excuse that being down to C and D listers, it's the only possible way to keep the line going.  As radical as they are, even HE-MAN fans have a limit.

Then, with CLASSICS out of the way, all the focus could be on the VINTAGE line, which would be newer and fresher.  As REXX said, many fans are totally hype about HE-RO and ELDOR, so there's a great starting hook.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:09:17 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1139

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 04, 2017, 08:38:35 pm »

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=29276
Report Spam   Logged
retcon
Variant

QC: 23

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 05, 2017, 05:30:43 am »

Ram Man has gone from my most wanted to blah. They cast the silver in gray plastic? Seriously. 7 months since payment and this is what we get? This is the end of the line for me.
Report Spam   Logged
KOLOBOSREXX
Evil Master of MOTUC
Variant

QC: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 05, 2017, 12:24:09 pm »

...Yeah, and STILL NO WORD from Brian/Super 7 on the packaging, and now apparently dull grey armor for Ram-Man, lol... This guy is clearly not used to dealing with "customer input", he just peddles his swag & those that want it buy it... I would be very surprised if the "customer investment" of MOTUC doesn't drive him away from it sooner if not later!
Report Spam   Logged

..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 05, 2017, 01:29:19 pm »

REXX, this is a post from The ORG from a dude named Diosouth.  He has a very similar point of view:

The figures are apparently coming out decent enough, probably better than the QC lottery that was Mattel's later releases, but Super7 are primarily a cheapo novelty company. They can pretend they're some exclusive high-end collectible producer all they want, but look at their catalog. MUSCLE, ReAction, vinyl figures, clothing, shot glasses, trinkets. They got in way over their heads, beyond what they usually make, and it's clear they weren't totally prepared, likely hoping their name and "you can only get it if you pre-order! NO day of sale stock, it's all exclusive!" hype would sell it alone. The delays were bad, the switch of packaging is worse for those who expected promises to be kept, but at least the actual toys aren't suffering major issues like floppy limbs and the paint apps are decent. If they had paint slop, loose ankles and swapped shoulders, it could have ruined them at the start of the line.

S7 really needs to take a step back, drop the "high end adult collectible" angle and just admit they are a toy & novelty company. They tried to rush into this and it almost bit them hard. They need to abandon the whole "preorder only, it's exclusive" nonsense, because it means the stock is further limited and with resellers buying up much of the preorder stock anyway, people who want these have to go to scalpers instead of S7, yes I've said this before but it's still true. I can't even give them my money on these, I have to go to BBTS and pay $15 more per figure.
Report Spam   Logged

KOLOBOSREXX
Evil Master of MOTUC
Variant

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 06, 2017, 12:26:14 pm »

....Yeah, I saw that lol! Grin  Of course, now we have "Super 7 Apologists", which would be fine, if we actually had PRODUCT IN HAND, or that they BOTHERED TO COMMUNICATE or even just STICK TO THEIR TIMETABLE for reveals & shipping, lol! Evil  I'm sure any day now Brian will post another glib, condescending video...
Report Spam   Logged

..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 06, 2017, 02:50:56 pm »

It's definitely an interesting situation to follow.  I love this line, but I hate the high prices, I hate the fans' entitlement, and I hate that they are NOT fun to collect.  You almost want it to die so it's just over with.

I see that FUNKO has a new 'cutesy' line that will have some MOTU in it: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=274&itemid=29290

I truly wish that FUNKO was doing a MOTU line similar to BATMAN '66, with 9 POAs.  As far as I can tell, I am literally the only person on Earth that would dig a 4" MOTU line.  It seems to me like it would be a lot of fun, and it certainly doesn't have to mean the end of the 6"ers, but everybody considers it total blasphemy.  It always gets shouted down, and yet folks seem to love Bobble Head type stuff.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:24:34 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

retcon
Variant

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 06, 2017, 05:10:15 pm »

....Yeah, I saw that lol! Grin  Of course, now we have "Super 7 Apologists", which would be fine, if we actually had PRODUCT IN HAND, or that they BOTHERED TO COMMUNICATE or even just STICK TO THEIR TIMETABLE for reveals & shipping, lol! Evil  I'm sure any day now Brian will post another glib, condescending video...

I know right? It didn't take long for them to crawl out of the woodwork did it?
Report Spam   Logged
KOLOBOSREXX
Evil Master of MOTUC
Variant

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 07, 2017, 11:51:30 am »

I know right? It didn't take long for them to crawl out of the woodwork did it?

...LOL, Nope!! I get giving the benefit of the doubt & trying to be "positive", but these guys (Super 7) So Far:
- Have communicated only through e-mails hawking all of their other crap & through glib, snarky-toned Youtube videos,
- Have not been timely (based on their announced timetables!) with ANY releases, announcements or new regarding MOTUC,
- Have lied about (or deliberately avoided keeping the consumer informed/updated) the Ultimates packaging,
- Sworn that WB denied them the Thundercats license, when the Four Horsemen are saying they lowballed them and got turned down... Angry

...So all of this makes it difficult to maintain any sort of meaningful positivity!  I sat and watch these same people spend seven years BITCHING about every little thing Mattel did wrong, but now these hipster-peddlers fumble their way through a year of having the license (with NO product still in hand!), and everyone is supposed to be all Shiny Happy?? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 07, 2017, 10:51:03 pm »

At first, I was really disappointed that S7 was denied the T-CATS license, but now I think it was for the best.  At least now, there's no wondering.  If they had gotten the green light, who knows how they would have handled it?  They may have charged 50 bucks a figure.  They may have done an all-in thing where you had to order a full set of 6 characters.

Or, they might have skipped the CLASSICS style line and jumped right to doing T-CATS ReAction figures, pencil top erasers, and finger puppets.

If somebody over on the ORG mentions the loss of the T-CATS license possibly being S7's fault, it is immediately SHOUTED DOWN.  "Shut up!  It is NOT S7's fault!!!  They truly wanted the license, but WB turned them down for unknown reasons!!"

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:39:11 am by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

KOLOBOSREXX
Evil Master of MOTUC
Variant

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 10, 2017, 12:01:17 pm »

...Yeah, it's asinine. Anybody that tried to make excuses for Matty after like 5 years of the line got hatefully treated as an "apologist", These guys don't even have product in our hand after having the license since LAST SUMMER, and they've blatantly LIED (Now Brian says he thought that the packaging info was "out there" Angry), along with the obvious disregard for MOTUC fans (honestly, these guys ONLY want to make this hipster novelty shit!), and I can't imagine why anyone is even bothering to defend them...
Report Spam   Logged

Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 10, 2017, 12:41:53 pm »

I don't know what it is about HE-MAN, but there are people on the ORG that would throat punch their wheelchair-bound grandmother if she dared say anything bad about that line. 

But you have to figure, you're going to have that kind of passion when you're dealing with folks who will rant and rave about how much they hate a figure, yet buy 5 of them because they are Completist/Hoarders.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:44:21 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 75

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 10, 2017, 04:36:13 pm »

except for Teela,i canceled my super 7 orders over at bbts,just not interested no more and want the line laid to rest.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
retcon
Variant

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 10, 2017, 07:27:03 pm »

except for Teela,i canceled my super 7 orders over at bbts,just not interested no more and want the line laid to rest.

I hear ya. Unfortunately i cannot cancel mine as i paid upfront thru a local reseller. I am so over the whole lone though. And its zealous fans.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 16, 2017, 01:05:49 pm »

If anybody cares:

Maybe I'm reading into things, but ol' Brian just doesn't seem too enthusiastic about MOTU.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:45:39 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 80   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure