Action Figure Blues Forum
May 22, 2019, 08:38:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAME ON!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3683 times)
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 667

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: May 14, 2019, 03:53:22 pm »

Brilliant.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1148

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 14, 2019, 05:03:45 pm »

Yep. +1.

And itís all there.  Every bit of it.  From the point where Drogo killed her brother.  She didnít try to stop it or even shed a tear for him.  Itís why Cersei didnít go nuts and Jamie didnít kill her.  Thatís the finale.  I think.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 730

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 14, 2019, 07:56:10 pm »

I almost feel like the longer episodes didn't do this season justice.  Some more folks probably could have gotten some good moments if we skipped 30 minutes of innocent burning and Arya-spends-20-minutes-in-a-zombie-movie asides.

I've been thinking about this season a bit and it's really pretty shit. It feels very rushed and characters are not getting their dues.
Jon Snow has literally contributed nothing of value other than looking stressed all the time.

Tyrion is a disaster.

The military gaffs are intolerable. Yelling "fire" when loosing a ballista. Ugggh. Why were all those soldiers from King's Landing outside the walls facing Jon and co? That's the whole point of a giant fucking wall, to protect you. Now the dragon took out the main gate, but you're telling me not a single archer or scorpion could position themselves to target an enemy?

Cersei going out like a bitch. She was so badass and then becomes a screaming mess at the end?

I honestly thought that Arya would appear to Cersei as Jaime, using all those skills she spent a fucking season learning.

Varys ending was poor. I know it was supposed to show us Dany further losing the plot, but jeez.

So who is Davos smuggling?
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 14, 2019, 08:10:51 pm »

Probably Jamie.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 14, 2019, 10:36:53 pm »

Yeah, he got the dingy ready for Jaime and Cersei. I truly thought everyone would die, but they're dying without answers. I get what they were going for with the story beats when they explain them in the interviews after, but I don't get the motivations through context. Which is so weird because Episode 2 of this season was one of my favorites of all.
Report Spam   Logged
darthfoley
Variant

QC: 38

Burned.

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 15, 2019, 08:22:09 am »

http://www.popcultnews.com/game-of-thrones-fan-beautifully-explains-why-the-show-feels-so-different-now/8601/?fbclid=IwAR0djePPAuNSdYDS5oTu_W2tJHO6aNe45fc5AktXw1dW1eWwr9_WiJ9ojUQ

Thought this was a pretty good explanation of things.  Essentially, instead of just letting things develop, and without GRRM's guidance, they decided 'oh we have to get to the ending in 13 episodes' and that forced them to make characters do things that are counter to what they've always done before just to get to the denouement.  Tyrion's sudden idiocy, for example.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 730

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 15, 2019, 06:23:08 pm »

....why exactly are we only getting 6 episodes? Isn't this the most popular show on Earth?
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 15, 2019, 08:05:00 pm »

100 million budget per season from HBO didn’t go very far with an army of the undead and lots of dragon action.  Plus the miniature of Kings Landing to torch.
Report Spam   Logged
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 192

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 16, 2019, 07:52:16 am »

....why exactly are we only getting 6 episodes? Isn't this the most popular show on Earth?

Lack of source material is why the this (and last) season are short seasons.  They pretty much passed by the books with seasons 5 and 6 and the show runners have had nothing to adapt into a show outside of whatever footnotes GRRM has shared with them. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:45:51 am by bigraj » Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 16, 2019, 08:28:20 am »

http://www.popcultnews.com/game-of-thrones-fan-beautifully-explains-why-the-show-feels-so-different-now/8601/?fbclid=IwAR0djePPAuNSdYDS5oTu_W2tJHO6aNe45fc5AktXw1dW1eWwr9_WiJ9ojUQ

Thought this was a pretty good explanation of things.  Essentially, instead of just letting things develop, and without GRRM's guidance, they decided 'oh we have to get to the ending in 13 episodes' and that forced them to make characters do things that are counter to what they've always done before just to get to the denouement.  Tyrion's sudden idiocy, for example.

I think this is dead on.  And still makes me a little sad.
Report Spam   Logged
darthfoley
Variant

QC: 38

Burned.

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 16, 2019, 09:10:41 am »

By all reports, HBO wanted more.  The producers said no.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 19, 2019, 09:27:11 pm »

Before the internet breaks, I’d like to go on record and say I’m just fine with this season including the finale.  I’m not even opposed to some follow up movies after a suitable period of time.  I kinda think that might be where they left us on purpose.

There were more survivors than I expected and a somewhat happier ending than I was prepared for.  The whole Bran deal was a nice touch.
Report Spam   Logged
Engineernerd
John from the AFB Podcast
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 230

Base of Operations: A Dark Basement in NE Indiana

John from the AFB Podcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: May 20, 2019, 07:32:36 am »

Before the internet breaks, I’d like to go on record and say I’m just fine with this season including the finale.  I’m not even opposed to some follow up movies after a suitable period of time.  I kinda think that might be where they left us on purpose.

There were more survivors than I expected and a somewhat happier ending than I was prepared for.  The whole Bran deal was a nice touch.

I'm in the same place as you. Except I kind of wanted Grey Worm to die. Very Star Trek IV ending for Jon
Report Spam   Logged

"We collect little plastic dollies, it's all weird." ~ Scotty
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 192

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 20, 2019, 08:12:25 am »

Very good finale, though I am surprised Dany didn't have Tyrion executed on the spot after he threw away his badge of office.  Drogon came across as heartbroken, and the absolutely terrifying in his grief.  Not sure why Grey Worm and the Unsullied would get a say with what happened to prisoners if they were just gonna fuck off and leave the continent anyway.  Did they mention what the Dothraki were gonna do?  LOVE the small council and I could probably watch a show based those meetings, as well as Arya's Great Far Western Adventure. 
Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 20, 2019, 08:17:28 am »

Yeah, I thought we were in for an epic duel between Jon and Grey Worm. 

Follow ups would be fun.  Sansa as Queen in the North.  Arya wherever sheís going.  King Bran.  A king with no ego or ambition and a small council filled with good people (except Bronn), might be a series of fun HBO movies.  At some point.  Leave Jonís fate a mystery.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure