Action Figure Blues Forum
August 15, 2018, 03:24:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

KickStarter Thread!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KickStarter Thread!  (Read 2620 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2015, 07:28:32 pm »

I bought one of the Warpo Toys Legend of Cthulhu  Spawn of Cthulhu toys. When it arrived, the figure was misassembled. It had two left legs (one pointed backward).

Super Rare Variant!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
B-Lister
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 219

Base of Operations: Someplace south of Pittsburgh

Is that girl a boy?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2015, 09:41:36 pm »

Ehh, I'd rather have some of the official variants, they're crazy cool.
Report Spam   Logged

I built my fuckin' reputation on a horse graveyard.
Hursticon
Pegwarmer

QC: 4

Base of Operations: Illawarra/NSW/Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2015, 06:31:57 am »

[Continued From Here] Thumbs Up

For anyone who did(or didn't) hear Scotty's review of the October Toys: 20th Anniversary (Glyos-compatible) - Skeleton Warriors figures on the latest (#166) AFB Podcast episode, and may be interested in the aforementioned toys, here's a list of links that you might like to checkout:

Please know I'm not in any way associated with this project or anyone behind it, I'm just a nutcase fan of the property & those that are presently breathing new life into it. Cool
As such; should anyone be interested in these figures who might've missed out on the Kickstarter or wish to add more to their collection Cheesy, I put together this info-graphic to make things easy. Wink

The image links to the October Toys store; please feel free to share the info-graphic, if you wish, as I hope it and this post is of some help to others. Smiley

I absolutely adore these new toys, and why? - Because... "They're Bad to The Bone!" Grin

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:38:44 am by Hursticon » Report Spam   Logged

Follow me on Twitter: @Hursticon & Instagram: @Hursticon
Hursticon
Pegwarmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2015, 09:11:01 am »

Hey guys!

Just wanted to pop in and pass along the news/info (In case it missed anyone's attention) about October Toys at SDCC this year (Booth 4951). Smiley

This is the 1st years that the Kickstarted, 20th Anniversary - Skeleton Warriors toys are available at the Convention, so Baron Dark and the Bone & GiTD Titan Skeletons are able to be bought directly from the show floor at the OT booth, which is great in of itself, but...

They've also unveiled and are selling a "Deluxe" Bone Titan Skeleton! Cheesy

...which is essentially the normal Bone-coloured Titan, but now with a paint wash similar to that which Baron Dark received. Wink

George & Ayleen said on the latest Toy Break episode that they wanted to somehow work such a variant in to the Kickstarter originally but just couldn't price it into the budget, so now they've made a small run for purchase at the show and once they get back from SDCC, they will be available via the October Toys webstore for $15 (USD)ea. Cool
(SO Hope I'm able to score one at least)

But the coolest bit of info!?! gah.gif

Yesterday, the character of whom will be the focus of the next Kickstarter for the 20th Anniversary: Skeleton Warriors toy line was revealed for the 1st time! Shocked

Behold! - The Paint Master Prototype of Prince Joshua "GRIMSKULL" Steele!!! applause.gif
(Also note: Grimskull's faithful Wolf-companion - Stalker, a Blaster of some sort AND a broken half of the Lightstar Crystal! Shocked)

(Pic courtesy of )

ARGH! - I can't wait for the next Kickstarter to startup, hopefully further stretch goals can get unlocked this time round so more characters can get produced, but I'm personally just so happy to see my favourite character from the Brand being realised in this new, Glyos-compatible figure! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Hursticon
Pegwarmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 08:05:43 am »

Back with a follow up. sign.gif

Here's some further pics of the October Toys display at this year's SDCC:

(Pics courtesy of xBigBotx on Twitter)

(Pics courtesy of Spanky Stokes)

(Pic courtesy of the Skeleton Warriors Facebook page)

SinChicken & AutoDecep of the October Toys forums brought to attention a pair of Video Interviews with George & Ayleen Gaspar at SDCC! Thumbs Up

The 1st was by none other than PixelDan, and the second by Roger Lay Jr. (Executive in Charge of Production and Development).

Here's a list of points to take away from the interviews:
  • For the first time at SDCC, Baron Dark along with the Bone, GiTD and NEW "Deluxe" Titan Skeletons were available for purchase, as well as some Bone & "Lightstar Crystal" Blue Titan Skeleton Skull Zipper-Pulls.
  • The "Paint-Master" Prototype of Grimskull was on display, the figure of which will be the focus of the next Kickstarter campaign.
  • The Kickstarter Campaign for Grimskull is aimed to begin around the end of the month of July, possibly early August.
  • Also on display with Grimskull and Baron Dark were some Stretch Goal prototypes, which included:
  • Grimskull's faithful Wolf companion - Stalker! Shocked
  • Blaster Weapons able to be held by Baron Dark and the Titan Skeletons! (Assuming Grimskull can wield them too) Smiley
  • 2 Halves of the Lighstar Crystal! - 1 half in the grasp of Baron Dark, the other laying between he & Grimskull. Shocked
  • The Titan Skeleton Guard and Soldier will return as Stretch Goals in the next Kickstarter campaign and will be issued in the same style of packaging as Baron Dark.
  • There will be a Kickstarter Exclusive variant of Grimskull produced, fans will have an idea of what it may be but further details will be coming soon! Cheesy
  • Further planned Stretch Goals will feature additional Skeletons, both Titan and Human-scaled, possibly further Cast-based Skeletons such as Shriek etc.
  • George, Ayleen & Dan strongly urge everyone to spread the word, the line is only limited by how many people want it so the greater the awareness, the greater the backing and hence the greater the amount of product can be produced.
  • The question was also put forward: "How many people actually want the heroes too?" - Prince Lightstar, Talyn, Sarafina, Ursak (The "Man-At-Arms" No one wants, lol! :lol:)?... Talyn at the very least NEEDS TO HAPPEN guys! Thumbs Up
  • After the Kickstarter Campaign for Grimskull, possibly after the following one, George & Ayleen would VERY much like to get into producing some Playsets - This could mean SkyCycles, Bonesteed, or even... MORGOR The Bone Dragon! Jaw Drop
  • There are a number of things potentially happening with the Skeleton Warriors Brand in the coming couple of years (A number of which were outlined in this :wink:), October Toys having a few projects with the Goddard Group. Shocked
  • The Goddard Film Group are looking to hit DesignerCon 2015 in a BIG way, with a substantive Skeleton Warriors presence! :shock: (ARGH! - I wish I could be there! Cry)
  • Goddard~ were really excited by the great vision and ideas for the Skeleton Warriors brand that October Toys had/have, and are really pleased to see the overwhelming positive response by fans.
  • Both Roger AND Ayleen are waving some cards/stickers around in their hands... with Skeleton Warriors Artwork by Nick Ferrell of The Bad Beard Art (A sample can be ! rock.gif

Report Spam   Logged

Hursticon
Pegwarmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2015, 11:22:15 pm »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass along that October Toys have restocked their Webstore with the NEW "Deluxe" Bone Titan Skeleton as well as the following:
("Click" on either image to head to the Skeleton Warriors page and grab one before they're all gone! Wink)

Report Spam   Logged

Hursticon
Pegwarmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2015, 03:15:57 am »

💀 MAJOR UPDATE! 💀

The next Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter Campaign by October Toys for the follow-up 2nd figure in their 20th Anniversary (Glyos-compatible) line, Begins the 1st Week of SEPTEMBER 2015 (Next Week)! Shocked Cheesy Shocked

Woohoo! - It's almost here, HE'S almost here...

...and will be the 1st to take on Baron Dark and his Skeleton Warriors!

Report Spam   Logged

Hursticon
Pegwarmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2015, 02:05:42 am »

Righto guys,

As you may of seen, the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter Campaign for the 2nd entry into the October Toys: 20th Anniversary (Glyos-compatible) line of Action Figures, none other than Prince Joshua "Grimskull" Steele! 💀, has officially commenced! Cheesy

Here's an info-graphic I put together that (Hopefully) conveys all the basic necessary info about the figure, if you'd like? - Please feel free to use said image via any means you wish in order to help get the word out about the project. WinkSmiley

So here is Grimskull, in all his glory; in this picture you can see everything you'll get with the figure via a basic Reward level:

...now, Grimskull you'll notice is somewhat shorter than Baron Dark and the Titans Skeletons and that is because THEY are meant to be the biggest of the bad guys. Wink

Although he may be shorter, these figures are ALL in-scale with each other and once again, the Glyos Joint System is at the heart of Grimskull which will allow one to pull him apart and be used with other Glyos-compatible toys!

The first Stretch Goal is at the $54,000 mark and will be Grimskull's faithful companion, the Wolf known as Stalker! Shocked

...this will mark the first time ever in the history of the Skeleton Warriors brand that Stalker with have a toy made of him! Shocked But do you want to know something that is really friggin' cool about this pairing of toys?

That's right! - Friggin' "Glow in The Dark" Eyes! Shocked:D

It hadn't occurred to me just how cool of a gimmick that would be, let alone how utterly fitting of the character/s it is. Cool
(Well, I think it's cool as hell anyway... Cheesy)

Just like the previous Baron Dark Kickstarter and available from the outset, Grimskull's campaign will also offer an Exclusive Variant; this transparent black: "Shadow" version of Grimskull and Stalker derive the name from a name that was going to be used for Grimskull earlier in the Skeleton Warriors brand's development. Smiley

Lastly, here's the "Addons" breakdown for Grimskull's Kickstarter:

Couple of things for people to remember with Kickstarter:
  • Payment Is Not Required Until The End of The Backing Period.
  • Payment will ONLY be taken if the project successfully meets its Funding Goal.
  • The Costs listed will almost always be in US Dollars unless otherwise stated.
  • Pay close attention to the pricing; There is often a seperate Domestic/Us Price and International Price (Namely regarding postage/shipping fees).
  • You can adjust the amount of money you're willing to pledge at any time.
  • You can only select 1 Reward Level, but you can change it at any time during the Backing Period.
  • If there is additional Figures or "Addons" you'd like, pay close attention to the prices detailed in the "Addons" list - You then add the required amount for that particular figure/addon to your existing Pledge amount.
  • Keep checking the Kickstarter page regularly for updates.
  • Remember that a Kickstarter Project needs the support of you & others to succeed, not only financially but by spreading awareness, so spread the word by any & every means available to you.

So there you have it, there's the gist of October Toy's latest Kickstarter - Get in and give it a hand eh? even if you aren't looking to back it yourself, maybe let someone you know who might be interested or just post about it on Facebook or whatever as I know George, Ayleen, Owen & Michael (Not to mention myself and other fans! Wink) would certainly appreciate it. Cheesy

...but wait!

There IS one other Stretch Goal presently shown on the Kickstarter page, what could it be? - I'll give you a hint: It is the linchpin that holds the whole Skeleton Warriors universe together... Cool

With that:
Report Spam   Logged

kavball
Limited Edition

QC: 59

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2015, 02:13:50 am »

This Skeleton Warriors campaign really needs a shot in the arm. I was happy to see the new pledge level that allowed the backer to get a bunch of the previous campaign's figures for $150. I bumped up my pledge level when I saw that update. I was hoping that once the Marauder Valkyries campaign ended, this one would get more attention and support. These figures really do look cool and will be a fun addition to my collection. It just needs some more support.

Update: I just looked at the site. There are four more slots available for the above mentioned pledge level. For $150, the backer gets basically one of every figure from the previous campaign and one of each from the new campaign. This is pretty cool, the backer can get an entire collection with on click. The campaign ends in 9 days though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 02:18:49 am by kavball » Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 725

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 06:49:39 pm »

Not quite my thing, but you can't help but love the passion that's gone into these.  Thumbs Up
Report Spam   Logged

kavball
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2015, 04:17:59 am »

The "Titan Skeletons" are 5". They may look good with MOTU and they make a good army builder or diorama piece.
Report Spam   Logged
Hursticon
Pegwarmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2015, 01:09:41 am »

This Skeleton Warriors campaign really needs a shot in the arm. I was happy to see the new pledge level that allowed the backer to get a bunch of the previous campaign's figures for $150. I bumped up my pledge level when I saw that update. I was hoping that once the Marauder Valkyries campaign ended, this one would get more attention and support. These figures really do look cool and will be a fun addition to my collection. It just needs some more support.

Update: I just looked at the site. There are four more slots available for the above mentioned pledge level. For $150, the backer gets basically one of every figure from the previous campaign and one of each from the new campaign. This is pretty cool, the backer can get an entire collection with on click. The campaign ends in 9 days though.

I also upped my pledge to this level, just wish I could afford to back at the $500 level but with the current exchange rate of the Australian Dollar, that'd blow out to around $1,000 and I simply can't justify that. Sad

But, anyway...

JUST 3 DAYS LEFT!

Grimskull's Kickstarter campaign is presently at $24,596 of the $50,000 total required for this awesome figure to see production - Your help is needed! Shocked

Here's an update on what has transpired since the campaign kicked off. Cool

In the last 24hrs we've had some superb and exciting news! - Grimskull's Wolf companion, Stalker, will be included with each & every Grimskull figure AND "Shadow" Grimskull figure; no longer will he need to be unlocked as a stretch goal, he's been shifted to regular inclusion just like the Cape, Staff, Blaster and Alternate Chest Skull. Grin

...also as part of Update #6, George & Ayleen have supplied a video in which they further discuss some of the "Behind The Scenes" processes that have gone into the design and concept of their take on Grimskull. Smiley

The video features the original Shadow(? Shocked) and Baron Dark Maquettes, on loan from the guys at the Goddard Group, used to pitch the Skeleton Warriors IP to CBS and other Licensors ALL the way back in 1993/94! - George & Ayleen explain their use, how they impacted their own figure's development, as well as some interesting little facts that pertain to the 90s Playmates Toys line. Wink

Another really awesome surprise today was the release of PixelDAN's exclusive first look at October Toys' Grimskull Figure Prototype!

In this great look at the Paint-Master Prototype, Dan shows off a comparison between Grimskull and his original Playmates Toys' self, October Toys' own Baron Dark figure, as well as the various accessories that will come with this wanderer of shadows. Cool
(*Please NOTE: At the time the video was shot, Stalker was still a Stretch Goal, this is obviously no longer the case as mentioned above  Wink)

Update #5 took a focus on the customisability of the 20th Anniversary: Skeleton Warriors line by October Toys as well as the versatility of the Glyos Joint System in which they employ.

Here's just 3 photos fans from around the world/web shared - Make sure to checkout the Update Page on the Kickstarter to see how incredibly creative some people are! Shocked Smiley

Update #4 Went into detail about how October Toys sourced many references for Grimskull's look, but that the issue of how the Skull Emblem on his chest was depicted persisted in splitting their opinions in just HOW the final one should look.

In the end they decided that BOTH versions should be included, so that fans could choose exactly which iteration they'd prefer to display Grimskull with; the "Bone Daggers" jammed up through the eye sockets (LEFT) as depicted in his original concept art and toy, along with the Sharp Triangles with Fangs (RIGHT) which is how it was depicted in the cartoon. Cheesy

Not only does this give choice, but it also provides an additional Glyos socket for further functionality and customisation; Perhaps you'll feel that Grimskull needs a skeletal arm protruding from his chest? or another head? - You Decide! Tongue

Update #3 delves into the parts breakdown of both Grimskull and Baron Dark, I was was quite surprised by just how many more parts Grimskull is comprised of compared to that of Baron Dark! Shocked Take a look for yourself:

...the brilliance of so many parts and utilising the Glyos Joint System, as shown to a greater degree in Update #4, is that it allows you to combine parts to create new characters...

...but also allows one to create such freaky monstrosities like this chap! Cheesy Cool
(Photo courtesy of More_Jetpacks via Twitter Smiley)

Update #2 focused on George & Ayleen's attendance of the "Son of Monsterpalooza" Horror Convention in Burbank, CA.

They showed off the Grimskull prototype and Kickstarter campaign, as well as having plenty of Skeleton Warriors and Baron Dark on-hand for purchase; here's a pair of photos from said event:

Lastly, we've the 1st Update of the campaign: "Piecing Grimskull Together". Smiley

As mentioned earlier, a LOT of reference material was drawn upon or the creation of October Toys' Grimskull figure; from maquettes, concept art and cartoon depictions, to comics, trading cards and books. Shocked

Here's just a snippet of the pieces in question:

So here's the part where you, the person reading this, comes in, there's...

JUST 3 DAYS LEFT!

...for you and anyone you know who might be interested in supporting, to help spread the word and back this campaign. Shocked

All one needs to do is pledge $20 (USD) in order to get themselves a Grimskull figure, there's also a whole suite of additional figures you can also pledge for which is detailed on the main campaign page and if that doesn't interest you? - Simply mentioning the Kickstarter on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, a Website, Blog, Tumblr or any other method you can think of could mean the difference in this being noticed by someone who doesn't know about it yet. Smiley

Any little bit of help you can provide is appreciated by both the creators of the project but also its fans and backers. Wink Cool

So go and back Grimskull, spread the word and remember:
Report Spam   Logged

Hursticon
Pegwarmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2015, 07:27:29 am »

IT AIN'T OVER YET! Thumbs Up

With just 14 hours & $20k to go, Grimskull's hour of need is right now! Shocked

Update #7 brought news of one final new Pledge Level being added to the campaign, this new $40 Pledge Level will net you 1x Grimskull figure and 1x Baron Dark figure - This will allow anyone who's been sitting on the sidelines to get in on the 20th Anniversary: Skeleton Warriors action! Wink

The update goes further by sharing some of the Press that this campaign has received from various sites & blogs from around the web, check them out if you think such coverage can't be found in my many posts in this thread alone! Cheesy

*I do GREATLY recommend people checkout PixelDAN's look at the Grimskull Paintmaster Prototype though. Smiley

There you go guys, short and sweet - Which is exactly like the amount of time you've got left to back & spread the word about this Kickstarter, its success lies in your gnarled, dry & boney clutches - Please Support! Cool

...and thank you for putting up with my incessant posts. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2015, 08:15:53 am »

I upped my pledge - sure hope it gets over the line.....
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
kavball
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2018, 08:45:20 am »

Boss Fight Studios has a Kickstarter campaign for 1/18th scaled horses that is wrapping up this Friday 11 May 2018. The campaign has been funded and Boss Fight Studios has a good reputation a collector of 1/18th scale figures, I recommend you check it out. They are offering horses, saddles in different styles, and some of the stretch goals include Pegasus wings and unicorns.

http://kck.st/2IYE0RT
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure