Action Figure Blues Forum
August 16, 2018, 05:33:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

KickStarter Thread!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KickStarter Thread!  (Read 2621 times)
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 725

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2018, 11:08:28 pm »

This really is the future.

I've been thrilled to be part of Mythic Legions and Articulated Icons: Feudal Series.

I've also backed the 6" Blanks project too.
Report Spam   Logged

kavball
Limited Edition

QC: 59

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2018, 07:20:47 am »

I've been thrilled to be part of Mythic Legions and Articulated Icons: Feudal Series.

I agree. Kickstarter campaigns offer an exciting variety of lines that you would not be able to find in a retail store. Unfortunately, you have to be ready to pay upfront and then wait.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 725

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2018, 06:39:49 pm »

I agree. Kickstarter campaigns offer an exciting variety of lines that you would not be able to find in a retail store. Unfortunately, you have to be ready to pay upfront and then wait.

I have to admit to being a little peeved at the fact that almost every Kickstarter that is successful ends up offering more figures down the track via a webstore, etc. So you do the right thing and back it, then they just offer them for sale later anyway. Yeah, I know, if I don't pledge it might not get over the line, but you know what I mean. It makes me look at the kickstarter exclusives a bit more to see if the "reward" is worth it. I can't even remember what the Mythic Legions Kickstarter was?
Report Spam   Logged

kavball
Limited Edition

QC: 59

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2018, 03:33:29 pm »

I have to admit to being a little peeved at the fact that almost every Kickstarter that is successful ends up offering more figures down the track via a webstore, etc. So you do the right thing and back it, then they just offer them for sale later anyway. Yeah, I know, if I don't pledge it might not get over the line, but you know what I mean. It makes me look at the kickstarter exclusives a bit more to see if the "reward" is worth it. I can't even remember what the Mythic Legions Kickstarter was?

I understand what you’re saying. I believe the exclusive for Mythic Legions 1.0 was Sir Valgard, a dwarf knight. The exclusive for Mythic Legions 2.0 was a unique sword. The four horsemen have kept those as exclusives and never offered them again. (I think). I think maintaining that exclusivity is fair to the original backers.

For me, I enjoy backing a project that would not be available in retail stores. I also like being able to pick up figures later in the webstores because I can’t afford the “all in”pledges during the campaign and this allows me a second chance at the figs I missed out on. With Mythic Legions, the Kickstarter is usually the cheapest time to get a figure. The price goes up a couple dollars when they are sold on the website and then the eBay scalpers go crazy with the prices after that.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure