Action Figure Blues Forum
October 20, 2019, 07:19:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Holy Grails

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Grails  (Read 970 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2009, 06:54:22 pm »

What's your ultimate wishlist - not necessarily from a line but just characters to be made?

Mine is:

Phantom Girl in the Grell / Cockrum bell bottoms.

Katana in her original outfit - yep its offensive but she wore it for 20+_years.

The rest of the original Outsiders. NOT Looker.

The Charlton version of Peacemaker. With the plastic helmet and all that.

Mera as part of a whole Aquaman line including Vulko, Aquagirl, Aqualad and Lori Lemaris.

Judomaster I

GA Johnny Quick & Liberty Belle.

ST:TNG Tasha Yar

DS9 Quark

BSG Tigh, Baltar, Cally & Gaeta

The Whole Voyager Crew

What's yours?

Andy
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 192

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:06:22 pm »

I think I'll end up getting most of my DC wants in the Classics line, so I'll stick with Marvel stuff.

RICK freakin Jones
Rock
Redeemer
Hotshot
Jailbait
Ogress (what?  I like the Hulk)
Odin
Ulik
Balder
Hela
Heimdall
Volstagg, Fandral, and Hogun (Warriors Three)
Surtur
Malekith (I like Thor, too)
Terrax
Firelord
The Wrecking Crew
The U-Foes
Darkhawk

Gonna stop there, since Hasbro won't get around to any of them for the 6" line.

Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:22:20 pm »

Ok,let's get the big shock out of the way first.My name's FB and i'm an Alex Ross Fan.There i said it,don't hate me too much.

I'm taking matters into my own hands for the most part to complete my wishlist,hopefully i haven't bitten off more than i can chew.

The list of Kingdom Come characters i want,i really really want is really too huge to list here and would probably be a boring read.Needless to say i have finished 9 so far and have another.........wait for it.........68 to go at this point.
I have the fodder for all of them in hand already and have presently about 11 at last count in progress.

Also,since the Justice line wasn't finished as far as i'm concerned there's a few there i want to make.
Elongated Man
Metamorpho
Robin
Atom
May add more to this as i work them out,hopefully some more Titans.

What else?I would love love love:
The Doom Patrol
The Metal Men

Also hoping the Ross JSA line will continue for several waves and then fill the gaps when it's done.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 04:27:11 am »

Hey mate, everyone is welcome here and allowed to like what they like here!  Smiley

I hear you on those additions to the JUSTICE line. It's a shame it ended without Ralph and Rex, and the potential for the Teen Titans, Doom Patrol and Metal Men was there for the taking.

Sounds like we need to see those KC customs - I have some wants in that line too!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 04:44:17 am »

Hey mate, everyone is welcome here and allowed to like what they like here!  Smiley

I know mate,i'm just kidding. Wink Actually if all goes to plan i'll be in Chicago in August this year and will attend the Con.Hoping Ross will be there so i can snag me an Autograph.

Sounds like we need to see those KC customs - I have some wants in that line too!

You will see them i promise!
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 04:50:43 am »

Okay, if you are going to Chicago, I just have to warn you that my mother is there. Tread carefully.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 04:55:24 am »

Well if you promise not to warn her i'll keep my head down.
Spent 3 days there last year,great town and awesome Comic shops!I did some serious damage to the old Credit Card there.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 04:57:47 am »

That's where I grew up. Haven't been back for ages, because my rels are really good about coming here and airfares for 4 to the States I can live without having to pay for too often. It is a great city tho!
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 05:03:24 am »

My best mate lives in Chicago so i had the inside scoop when i was there.I hear you on the expense as the 4 of us actually went to LA and i just nicked off for a few days to visit my Mate.
This time it's just me and Wifey for 2 weeks and we're going at Con time so i'm pretty damn excited.Always wanted to go to one of them big,fancy American Cons. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 05:11:55 am »

Con time? Okay, now I don't know if we can be friends.

I need to find a conference I can go to for work that connects with one of the cons one day. I guess if I asked my PA to investigate that it would kindof be a giveaway, wouldn't it?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 05:19:47 am »

PM me with what kind of conferences you are eligible for.That's the reason we're going,it's all business then.hehehe
Report Spam   Logged

Coffee Joe
Frakkin' Posting Legend!
Variant

QC: 28

Gods damn it!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:15:26 am »

Actually if all goes to plan i'll be in Chicago in August this year and will attend the Con.Hoping Ross will be there so i can snag me an Autograph.

ANd I have to warn you that he can be a bit of a dick in person.

I met him at Wizard World Philly back in 03.  I bought the VIP package, and was among like twenty other guys who bought the VIP package, and it was Ross, Jim Lee and Alison Mack (who is so unbelievably cute in person I just wanted to kidnap her.  ... uh... what?).  Ross was a total asshole there.

But on the floor, he was sweet as pie to my friend.  Marty Nodell was also there, and my friend had him sign the Ross GA Green Lantern poster.  When it was my friend's turn to get Ross's autograph, he had him sign a book or something, and Ross asked what poster he was carrying.  When Brian showed him, he saw that Nodell signed it, and was like, "...and you don't want BOTH of us to sign that?"  Brian never thought of that, and was pleased as punch that Ross was considerate enough to think o if it.

So, um... your mileage may vary, I guess is what I'm trying to say.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 01:06:13 am »

I guess everyone has their good and bad days. I would not suffer signings well I don't think, not that I suspect I'll ever be in the position.

As for Allison Mack: Yes.
Report Spam   Logged

Coffee Joe
Frakkin' Posting Legend!
Variant

QC: 28

Gods damn it!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 01:13:06 am »

As for Allison Mack: Yes.

And she was such a sweetheart.  She really was.   And looked so much better in person than she ever did on TV.  I was struck by how short she was.  And she honestly looked and acted like someone I could have gone to school with.  No celeb snobbery in the least bit.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 03:13:24 am »

It's nice to hear when the famous haven't let it go their heads. Refreshingly nice.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure