Action Figure Blues Forum
October 20, 2018, 11:48:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Four Horsemen Mythic Legions

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four Horsemen Mythic Legions  (Read 6525 times)
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1145

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2018, 10:42:27 am »

http://news.toyark.com/2018/03/24/mythic-legions-advent-decay-pre-order-live-prepare-wallet-294168

For the bargain price of $1450.00 USD.  43 figures and 5 weapons packs.  I think I'd seriously consider this if I had the scratch laying around.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
kavball
Limited Edition

QC: 59

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2018, 08:01:14 pm »

http://news.toyark.com/2018/03/24/mythic-legions-advent-decay-pre-order-live-prepare-wallet-294168

For the bargain price of $1450.00 USD.  43 figures and 5 weapons packs.  I think I'd seriously consider this if I had the scratch laying around.   Grin

These figures are addictive and one/two/three/four.... figures are never enough. They do have the pre order going on right now if you just want to pick up a couple of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2018, 07:27:05 am »

Yeah, no.  I don't think I could put the brakes on for this once I started.  So I'll just keep focused on what I'm already collecting.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 726

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2018, 08:29:03 pm »

My enthusiasm died off a bit when I splashed out on one of the trolls and it's pretty shit.
It's rotocast with a couple of points of articulation and very limited posability.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2018, 06:55:00 pm »

http://news.toyark.com/2018/04/19/mythic-legions-tribute-figures-power-con-2018-297294
Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 78

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2018, 09:26:44 pm »

I haven't paid much attention to these but just checked out a few at bbt she and they are beautiful looking figures,but strangely on my part have no real desire to get any.Just not into "McFarland" overstylized figures anymore.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2018, 03:46:16 am »

They are amazingly fun and they come with more accessories than any other line.....they're just expensive.
Whenever storehorsemen opens up another sale I get very tempted, but with international shipping on top, they're just not that viable.
Report Spam   Logged

kavball
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2018, 02:59:50 pm »

I started collecting Mythic Legions about a year and a half ago. They are now the main focus of my collection and the only non 1/18th scale line that I collect. The sculpts and paintwork are amazing and they are highly articulated. The design of the figs make them perfect for customizing. I really enjoy thes figs.

However, the cost of this line on the secondary market is often outrageous. This means the collector has to be willing to pay a high price up front during Kickstarter campaigns or pre orders. If you try to buy them on eBay you will pay $100 or more for a fig that was $35. BBTS is a happy medium for picking up figs that you missed out on. The line is great if you don’t mind the large upfront investment or if you have the discipline to just cherry pick. If you want to be a completist, it is very expensive. Scalpers take advantage of this line and that is a shame.

Anyhow, this is my favorite line and I recommend it to anyone that likes Sword and Sorcey/ D and D / Tolkien type figures. However, like anything that is nice, greedy people take advantage of it and take some of the fun out of it.

The sourcehorsemen.com store will have another sale coming up on May 9th but stock will be limited and I imagine the scalpers will gobble everything up fast.

Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2018, 08:49:40 pm »

Were money no issue, I’d love to get in on this line.  The completest in me would probably take over though.  I’d want all of them.  At this point, that’s not possible.  But they do look great.
Report Spam   Logged
kavball
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2018, 07:03:14 am »

Were money no issue, I’d love to get in on this line.  The completest in me would probably take over though.  I’d want all of them.  At this point, that’s not possible.  But they do look great.

That’s what happened to me. I started out thinking I would only pick up a couple knights and it all escalated from there. I highly recommend the figures but they aren’t cheap and the four horsemen keep making more and more of them. I will say,  Four Horsemen Studios has worked hard to make it easier for fans to get the figs at the original price with more preorders and sales on their website. I hope it will continue to get better.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2018, 05:23:59 pm »

Were money no issue, Iíd love to get in on this line.  The completest in me would probably take over though.  Iíd want all of them.  At this point, thatís not possible.  But they do look great.

Thatís what happened to me. I started out thinking I would only pick up a couple knights and it all escalated from there. I highly recommend the figures but they arenít cheap and the four horsemen keep making more and more of them. I will say,  Four Horsemen Studios has worked hard to make it easier for fans to get the figs at the original price with more preorders and sales on their website. I hope it will continue to get better.

I've been surprisingly non-O.C.D (I know right?) with this line. But that's because there's several figures I simply don't like so it's easy.
I would like to army build though, but it's simply no feasible at those prices.
Report Spam   Logged

kavball
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2018, 09:50:00 pm »

That’s what happened to me. I started out thinking I would only pick up a couple knights and it all escalated from there. I highly recommend the figures but they aren’t cheap and the four horsemen keep making more and more of them. I will say,  Four Horsemen Studios has worked hard to make it easier for fans to get the figs at the original price with more preorders and sales on their website. I hope it will continue to get better.

I've been surprisingly non-O.C.D (I know right?) with this line. But that's because there's several figures I simply don't like so it's easy.
I would like to army build though, but it's simply no feasible at those prices.

I agree with you on the prices. I try to collect this line in “tiers”. For each wave I select my favorites from the wave and try to preorder or get them from a Kickstarter. Once I have all of my “tier 1” figs from a wave, I will then move to tier 2 and so on. It works in my head.

On a positive note, I should be moving into my new house by the end of the week. All of my figs have been packed up for the last 2 months while we were selling our current house. I’m looking forward to setting up a new toy room and unleashing my Mythic Legions.

Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 627

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2018, 10:25:10 pm »

We'll need Pics!
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2018, 11:10:33 pm »

Hooray!! Toy rooms rock. Pics or it didn't happen.
Report Spam   Logged

kavball
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2018, 07:16:00 am »

Haha, I’ll post pics when I can. I’m pretty excited about a fresh start for my displays.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure