Action Figure Blues Forum
February 28, 2020, 06:11:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Four Horsemen Mythic Legions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four Horsemen Mythic Legions  (Read 8592 times)
NiteOwl
Administrator
Online Exclusive

QC: 218

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 09:44:45 pm »

I've officially backed. I'm getting:

What was the final cost?
Report Spam   Logged
Josey Wales
Limited Edition

QC: 94

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 11:56:48 pm »

Dammit! I'm in too  gah.gif

What'd ya get, Fish? Also, only 20 hours left if anybody else wants to jump in. I hope I can get some more at the store next year, but there are some horror stories about how the Ravens sold out.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 02:37:30 am »

What'd ya get, Fish? Also, only 20 hours left if anybody else wants to jump in. I hope I can get some more at the store next year, but there are some horror stories about how the Ravens sold out.

Okay, most people know about my army building fixation, but the cost even with the sets was just too prohibitive if I wanted any characters to go with the legions. So I decided to pass on them and focus on the cool individuals.

But which to get? In the end I decided to get a unique figure from each race, so a human (knight), a dwarf, and orc, etc. But then there's some cool ass extras I couldn't pass on like the Minotaur, the Vampire Bat dude....and of course the Barbarian. I went with a couple of the weapon packs too.....though it annoyed me that the Death Dealer style axe was in pack #4 and cost $50 so I passed.

Here's my stash....

Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 05:02:07 am »

From an International shipping perspective, definitely not worth it for a single figure, but the add-ons are quite reasonable, for example only $5 difference between US and International for the Barbarian Builder Set  Thumbs Up
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 05:03:52 am »

Dammit! I'm in too  gah.gif

Yep, and that's why I am getting in now. Still kicking myself over passing on the Ravens.  cursing.gif
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Josey Wales
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 01:03:53 pm »

I like what you did there, Fish!  Thumbs Up 
Imho Malleus is by far the best skeleton. Straight up badass.
Vitus reminds me of Thallo from my old Clash of the Titans figures.  rock.gif
Attila reminds me of Jaime Lannister, he'd hafta be a villain on my shelf. We had stag horns, dragon/bat wings, & a lion, but no wolves.  Huh? I might've gone a completely different direction if it had been otherwise.
I hope I can score the bad guys next year. Those Orcs all turned out great. The good guy thing was something I couldn't pass on. I did add the KS exclusive dwarf. I like how his color scheme matches Sir Ignatius. Gonna do some part swapping with the belts, faulds, loin armor, & pauldrons to give Ignatius some more color.

Report Spam   Logged
Josey Wales
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 07:32:01 pm »

So now begins the long ass wait. Cheesy I've been brainstorming on the bad guys to fight my band of heroes. I basically did the one of each thing, sorta. This is what I'll be trying to score during preorders next year-
Fanex
Attlus
Urzokk
Malleus
Bog Goblin
Gorgo

Fanex, Attlus, & Urzokk will be giving up parts. This is what I plan to make

Warduke-gonna add some paint

Death Dealer

Blood Orc General-non-striped head tho.

Armored Viking for the good guys w/ bigass horns

That'll give me 6 & 6, until wave 2.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2015, 09:04:32 pm »

That's some sweet ideas Josey.

So the pre-orders will be from the website and features leftover figures from the first manufacturing run? When do they make those available? If it's not for awhile, then I'd be tempted to get more.

I wonder if I could make a Heimdall? 
Report Spam   Logged

Josey Wales
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2015, 09:44:12 pm »

From what I understand, the preorders will be offered when the original run is on the way. They ship after KS pledges. Seems they base extras on the numbers ordered. More purchases, more extras. They did say that if figures didn't do well in the KS, they probably wouldn't be sold at the store. Purely speculation, but folks are thinking the Ravens backerkit was live for a month, we might get the same here. If I could get that long, I'd have very little left to preorder.

I borrowed most of those ideas. The Blood Orc & the Ignatius armor swap are Outlaw Original Recipes. Lol
Lemme know what you come up with for Heimdall. I'd love to see it.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 384

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2015, 02:33:21 pm »

At the risk of sounding like a complete and total idiot, I'm going to ask a question that I know you guys can answer:  OK, these things look awesome.  As a non-donator, can I somehow buy any of these figures, and roughly, what might one cost me?  Will it be impossible for me or somebody like me to buy one from eBay?  Do they only make what donations will pay for?

I cannot lie....I don't fully understand KickStarter, but I was always too embarrassed to admit it.  Well fuck it...I'm no rocket scientist.

Huh?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:35:55 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2015, 04:14:24 pm »

At the risk of sounding like a complete and total idiot, I'm going to ask a question that I know you guys can answer:  OK, these things look awesome.  As a non-donator, can I somehow buy any of these figures, and roughly, what might one cost me?  Will it be impossible for me or somebody like me to buy one from eBay?  Do they only make what donations will pay for?

I cannot lie....I don't fully understand KickStarter, but I was always too embarrassed to admit it.  Well fuck it...I'm no rocket scientist.

Huh?

But you're sexy as he'll 'Sac and we love you!

Think of Kickstarter as a preorder. You've paid your money and now you wait. The only difference is that with a Kickstarter, they need a certain number of committed preorders to go ahead with manufacturing. These guys needed $140k to make this viable. They got over $300k in preorders.

I suspect with that much cash they can get unit costs reduced so this is where additional stock will probably be made available via their web store. Will they have all figures available? Dunno? Will the cost per fig be more? Dunno?

The 4H stuff is notoriously hard to come by on the secondary market such as ebay. I'm sure Josey or someone will let us know when they go up on their site.
Report Spam   Logged

Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2015, 06:14:20 pm »

Thank you very much, FISH.  Thumbs Up

Everything you said made perfect sense, and I suppose I understood it a bit better than what I thought I did.

Truth be told, these things are looking so damned awesome that I would be satisfied with solid plastic figurines.  It's possible that I may never own any, but it's no biggie.  One thing I've learned over the past 10 years is that A) Patience is your friend, B) You may not get a certain figure you want, but another, totally unexpected figure is right around the corner, and C) You just never know what might happen!

Thank you again!
Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2015, 10:01:22 pm »

Thank you very much, FISH.  Thumbs Up

Everything you said made perfect sense, and I suppose I understood it a bit better than what I thought I did.

Truth be told, these things are looking so damned awesome that I would be satisfied with solid plastic figurines.  It's possible that I may never own any, but it's no biggie.  One thing I've learned over the past 10 years is that A) Patience is your friend, B) You may not get a certain figure you want, but another, totally unexpected figure is right around the corner, and C) You just never know what might happen!

Thank you again!

Since their product goes for stupid amounts on ebay, probably best liking their facebook page, etc, so you can get notifications of when stuff might be in their shop. Not sure if they have an email list.....oh, and listen to the AFB podcast for news  Thumbs Up
Report Spam   Logged

Josey Wales
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2015, 10:06:24 pm »

I'll keep you in the loop,  mi amigo! I think Fish has the gist of it. As far as price, Ravens were about the same as Kickstarter prices, so around $33 a pop.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2015, 05:31:42 pm »

I truly appreciate that, DUSTY!  You too, FISH!

I'm cool now, but once they start revealing RANGERS, ELVES, and stuff like that, I will be a full-on, whiney bitch.  There's no sense in lying about it.  Hmmm...I wonder if they'll sell any unpainted ones for cheaper?
Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure