Action Figure Blues Forum
August 18, 2017, 08:30:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Jin's Customs: Final Fight's Guy, Micronauts Acroyear, Pg 9

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jin's Customs: Final Fight's Guy, Micronauts Acroyear, Pg 9  (Read 2749 times)
Jin Saotome
Customizable Mecha Pilot
Mint on Card

QC: 2

Base of Operations: United States of 'Murica

"Hack, chop, glue, paint, etc..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2017, 09:54:27 pm »

Straight out of the amazing Crimson Empire comic com,es the Imperial Royal Guard Kir Kanos and he's been created in the 6" Star Wars Black series this time! Being one of if not my all time favorite SW character I was thrilled to learn the basic Royal Guard had armor sculpted under the robes! Kir Kanos was created using that Royal Guard, First Order Stormtrooper lower arms, and an alternate head created by combining a first series ML Star Lord head with young Peter Parker hair and some sculpting. Hit Girl's twin bladed staff was modded to create his vibro-staff and his helmet took extensive resculpting to remove the collar and get it to sit lower. But after detailing his armor and adding his black undersuit Kir Kanos was finished, and boy and I pleased. Next week, Carnor Jax will join him so keep an eye out.

For more pics head to Kir's page here: Custom SW Black series Kir Kanos

------------------------------------------------------

He's half man, half tank, but all attitude! Here's the evil mutant, well cyborg, Bonebreaker! You may remember him from the vintage toybiz Xmen line and here he is in Marvel Legends form. I went with a modern look for him instead of the 80's look here giving him all sorts of weaponry. Bonebreaker's upper body is comprised of a basic medium ML body, movie juggernaut head, Fantomex hands, and TMNT baxter stockman robot-head body along with some hoses. His lower tank is a combination of a Terminator tank, MARS treads, Transformers, Halo, GI Joe, Spawn, and probably every other toy line fodder part that looked the part. Bonebreaker can aim his Gatling gun cannon around and the twin-barreld one on the other side moves as well. Roll him and his upper body swivels back and forth to aim at his enemies!

For more pics head to his page here: Custom ML Bonebreaker

Report Spam   Logged

Jin Saotome
Customizable Mecha Pilot
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2017, 01:13:00 pm »

"When Castle Grayskull was suddenly surrounded by a massive army of mindless goblins controlled my Skeletor's Dementia Ray, King Randor knew he had to send for He-Man's help or be overrun! What he needed a distraction, something that would draw the horde to one area of the castle walls allowing a single guard to escape. Commissioning Man-At-Arms to create a golem from scrap parts and using Orko's magic to animate it, Distractus was born! This clanking, whirring, blinking, spinning, creation made its way out into battle and drew the goblin horde's attention. Remarkably it survived and aided He-Man in defeating the army. Distractus was later repaired by Roboto and earned its place as a member of the Eternain Royal Guard."

Enter Distractus, an original custom character creation! With a working Figit Spinner shield and cube for head he's the most gimicky MOTU figure out there. Distractus was created from a Darius body, Extendor arm, Transformers battlers arm, Mr Freeze foot, Doomed Superman leg, Galactic Skeletor body cover, and a whole bunch of fodder wires, parts, and pieces. The Figit shield magnetically attaches to his left arm and can be removed, same as his head to be used separately.

For more pictures of this distracting piece head to its page here: Custom MotUC Distractus

---------------------------------------------

Straight out of the Crimson Empire comics comes the Imperial Royal Guard Carnor Jax created in 6" Black Series scale. Following last week's Kir Kanos I just had to make his nemesis. Using a black series Royal Guard body, Kylo Ren lower arms, sculpted gauntlets, I modded the helmet with the nosepiece and went to work. Hit Girl's bladed staff was perfect for his weapon and extra plastic was trimmed for added range of motion. Now Carnor Jax can track down and battle the traitor Kir Kanos to the death!

For more pictures head to his page here: Custom Carnor Jax

Report Spam   Logged

Jin Saotome
Customizable Mecha Pilot
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2017, 03:59:02 pm »

"Little is known about the robotic villain Knightrax except that he excels in hunting his prey with deadly precision. With all sorts of sensors to detect movement, changes in temperature, magical aura, and more, this fearsome hunter cannot be shaken off a trail once he, or it is locked on. With his laser sights set on Roboto for his next hunt, Knightrax holds a special grudge against the hero after a humiliating defeat earlier. Now equipped with a powerful shoulder cannon and seismic hammer, Knightrax swears to Hordak that he will not return without Roboto's metal head in his claws!"

Here's an original character creation, Horde Hunter Knightrax! Part machine, part hunter and all deadly, he's ready to track down the heroes for Hordak and exact his revenge. Knightrax was created from a General Sundar body, Darius vest, Funko Pop Mini Assaultron head, doc ock tentacle claws, and various fodder pieces. His shoulder cannon can be removed and he comes with a seismic hammer he can wield in his claws to defeat his enemies.

For more pics head to his page here: MotUC Knightrax

-----------------------------------------------------------

"During the Battle for the Aero Aegis the valiant Stratos and his ally Buzz-Off broke into Hordak's flying fortress to deliver the final blow that would bring it down. But what they discovered was a secret army! Hordak had opened a portal to another dimension where the beings there could control the very winds. Making a bargain with the Tyrants of Wind, Hordak was given an army of their Enforcers to help in his part of the conquest. Agile and incredibly armored these Horde Enforcers easily overpowered the two heroes as Hordak laughed from his throne. "With the power of the wind at my command, no Eternian can stop me!" he bellowed...and he was right. Help wouldn't come from Eternia, but the very dimension he had opened a portal to."

The Horde Enforcer character is based off the vintage line of Air Raiders toys, the Tyrants of Wind Enforcer! Originally a diminutive 1-inch tall figure I've recreated him in 7" MotUC scale using a Flogg body, Dark Knight Returns vest, Icarius boots, Lex Luthor power armor shoulder pads, and one of the spare alternate horde trooper head from General Sundar. Keep an eye out because I'll be making the orange and tank heroic Air Raiders too!

For more pics head to his page here: MotUC styled Air Raiders

Report Spam   Logged

Jin Saotome
Customizable Mecha Pilot
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2017, 04:00:38 pm »

"Little is known about the robotic villain Knightrax except that he excels in hunting his prey with deadly precision. With all sorts of sensors to detect movement, changes in temperature, magical aura, and more, this fearsome hunter cannot be shaken off a trail once he, or it is locked on. With his laser sights set on Roboto for his next hunt, Knightrax holds a special grudge against the hero after a humiliating defeat earlier. Now equipped with a powerful shoulder cannon and seismic hammer, Knightrax swears to Hordak that he will not return without Roboto's metal head in his claws!"

Here's an original character creation, Horde Hunter Knightrax! Part machine, part hunter and all deadly, he's ready to track down the heroes for Hordak and exact his revenge. Knightrax was created from a General Sundar body, Darius vest, Funko Pop Mini Assaultron head, doc ock tentacle claws, and various fodder pieces. His shoulder cannon can be removed and he comes with a seismic hammer he can wield in his claws to defeat his enemies.

For more pics head to his page here: MotUC Knightrax

-----------------------------------------------------------

"During the Battle for the Aero Aegis the valiant Stratos and his ally Buzz-Off broke into Hordak's flying fortress to deliver the final blow that would bring it down. But what they discovered was a secret army! Hordak had opened a portal to another dimension where the beings there could control the very winds. Making a bargain with the Tyrants of Wind, Hordak was given an army of their Enforcers to help in his part of the conquest. Agile and incredibly armored these Horde Enforcers easily overpowered the two heroes as Hordak laughed from his throne. "With the power of the wind at my command, no Eternian can stop me!" he bellowed...and he was right. Help wouldn't come from Eternia, but the very dimension he had opened a portal to."

The Horde Enforcer character is based off the vintage line of Air Raiders toys, the Tyrants of Wind Enforcer! Originally a diminutive 1-inch tall figure I've recreated him in 7" MotUC scale using a Flogg body, Dark Knight Returns vest, Icarius boots, Lex Luthor power armor shoulder pads, and one of the spare alternate horde trooper head from General Sundar. Keep an eye out because I'll be making the orange and tank heroic Air Raiders too!

For more pics head to his page here: MotUC styled Air Raiders

Report Spam   Logged

Jin Saotome
Customizable Mecha Pilot
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2017, 03:24:17 am »

"The beings that had entered into Eternia through Hordak's dimensional portal were of two distinct factions, the Heroic Air Raiders and the Tyrants of Wind. Both groups had complete mastery of the air allowing them to channel it through great machines and survive pressures far greater than any living thing on Eternia's surface. Hordak had allied himself with the Tyrant's Enforcers. Little did he know that the Air Raiders were watching and soon used the portal to storm through! Damaging wings ripped Hordak's flying fortress in half, scattering the combatants and freeing the prisoners! Buzz-Off and Stratos returned to Grayskull with word of the Heroic Air Raiders leaving He-Man to ponder just what to do about the two armies that had decided to battle it out on Eternia."

This character is based off the vintage line of Air Raiders toys! Originally a diminutive 2-inch tall heroic Air Raiders figure I've recreated him in 7" MotUC scale. The Air Raider was created using a Hydron body and chest piece, Eternian guard waist armor, Evolve Markos modded arms, DC Cyborg lower legs, and a modded Funko Mini Doom soldier head. Air Raider was painted close enough to the vintage figure's two color scheme but with enough extra detail to make it match the MOTUC figure line.

For more pics head to his page here: MotUC styled Air Raider

Report Spam   Logged

powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 75

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2017, 08:25:36 pm »

cool  Grin I have a fondness for the air raiders toys.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
Jin Saotome
Customizable Mecha Pilot
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2017, 10:30:35 pm »

"In the Game Master's Cosmic Arena an ongoing struggle for glory and freedom is fought and Blade-Bash exists to win! However he wasn't always a razor sharp opponent. Once a blacksmith on his home planet Blade-Bash was the best at creating and repairing the weapons of war yet never wielding his creations. One day that changed when his kingdom was invaded and he was forced to take up the very arms he created. Game Master was watching from afar and was impressed enough to capture Blade-Bash with his teleporter, adding him to the cosmic combatants. Armed with razor gauntlets and a spinning blade collar of his own design Blade-Bash keeps his opponents at a distance until he's ready to strike!"

Get ready for more Cosmic Combatants, Blade-Bash has arrived! Armed with a real metal spinning blade collar you'll be hard pressed to find a more fearsome figure. Blade-Bashw as created using a basic MotUC body, Flogg lower legs, Stratos harness, Dark Knight Returns head, metal blade-finger-spinner for the collar, and Skylanders fist weapons from some fighting penguin character. The neck had to be heavily modded and the shoulders lowered/shoulder balls modded to clear the collar. It spins perfectly and keeps the figure balanced with the gyroscopic motion!

For more pics head to his page here: Blade-Bash

-----------------------

Straight out of the Star Wars comics comes the Imperial Shadow Guard which I've created in 6" Black Series scale! The recipe is simple, one regular 6" red Royal Guard! Sure you could paint him black but I've gone a different route, dying him. For this you'll need Rit Dymore rather than the normal Rit dye you find in the grocery store. The Dymore works on polyester and nylon and is the only thing that will dye his soft plastic and red cloak black. You'll need to remove the paint from the front and back of his crotchplate and breast plate for a complete dye job. Everything else dyes black on the first soak.

Follow the directions for stovetop dying and make sure to put his cloak down in the pot first so the plastic never touches the hot metal of the pot bottom! Then create a lightsaber pike from his original force pike, add details like his visor and grey highlights. I also gave him an alternate cape like the Shadow Guard often has in the comics.

For more pics head to his page here: Shadow Guard

Report Spam   Logged

powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 75

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2017, 03:37:02 pm »

wowzers
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
Jin Saotome
Customizable Mecha Pilot
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2017, 05:53:27 pm »

The Fwoosh's line of Articulated Icons, The Feudal Series action figures are an amazing addition to your 6" scale collection giving you all sorts of ninja and samurai characters. Here's a special customized AI figure, Jubei Kibagami from the Ninja Scroll anime! Jubei was created from combining a Seijun Body with a Shoken head, adding new lower sleeves from a Pirates of the Caribbean figure, and bare arms from the arms/hands/wraps pack. A straw hat was added and he was completely repainted head to toe for an anime-accurate look. Now the legendary wandering ninja Jubei is ready for battle!

For more pics of the wandering Ninja, head here: Ninja Scroll Jubei

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The diminutive but powerful Micronauts are back and as promised I have another custom, the mighty Acroyear! If you remember I created Membros and Time Traveler before. Well Acroyear is scaled to be a 'BAF' of sorts to this line. Standing 8" tall the Acroyear was created from a warlock series Colossus, Armored Core robot lower legs, sculpted chest/shoulders, Kryptonian armor Superman head, Energon Shockblast cannon part for antenna, Titans Return Transformers Laser Prime Sword, Beetle backpack and House of M Wolverine flight backpack fans. A vintage paint job was applied with plenty of metallic gloss effects, and shading to really make the detail pop on this classic Micronauts character!

For more pics of this micro warrior head here: Micronauts Acroyear

Report Spam   Logged

Jin Saotome
Customizable Mecha Pilot
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2017, 11:16:47 pm »

The Fwoosh's line of Articulated Icons: The Feudal Series action figures are an amazing addition to your 6" scale collection and here I've created a special customized AI figure, Guy from Capcom's Final Fight video game! To create Guy I used a basic Ninja body, trimmed the lower torso down and wrapped it, used shoes from a bendy clothed skater figure, modded Seijun head, and added foam to the backs of the hands. Guy comes with classic weapons found in the game including nunchucka, a sword, dagger, and lead pipe so he can fight the Mad Gear Gang!

For more pics of the wandering Ninja, head here: Final Fight's GUY

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:18:20 pm by Jin Saotome » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure