Action Figure Blues Forum
September 30, 2022, 05:45:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Previews Picks for July

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Previews Picks for July  (Read 375 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 06:24:24 am »

All I can say is hurrah for Mattel....now if only they'd lose this bullshit retailer exclusive thing.

Hell, I'd be happy to get a few lines off eBay if we could actually get the REGULAR assortments in Oz stores..

Our LCS sold at least 8 Jonah Hex's from memory. That's 8 in addition to the 4 full sets we sold to regulars

I was going to say, I would have imagined he'd have sold well, being such a highly requested character. I love mine. The best thing to come out of whatever that Showcase line was meant to be.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 06:34:06 am »

Then there's my method of picking the bits from each line. But of course that just means that it takes for frakkin' ever to get anywhere at a few figures per year. It's also not fair to the retailer as collectors pick apart their assortments. What I'd like to see is a list of units moved. Which figures didn't sell so well that we won't get an Arak or El Diablo figure? Did Jonah Hex sell? (I got one)

Apparently they won't give out any sales figures, whatsoever. Big secret.   Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 07:05:26 am »

Then there's my method of picking the bits from each line. But of course that just means that it takes for frakkin' ever to get anywhere at a few figures per year. It's also not fair to the retailer as collectors pick apart their assortments. What I'd like to see is a list of units moved. Which figures didn't sell so well that we won't get an Arak or El Diablo figure? Did Jonah Hex sell? (I got one)

Apparently they won't give out any sales figures, whatsoever. Big secret.   Undecided

So in response I don't buy into any of their hype such as reading any of those really fucking annoying Q&A things they release where every answer consists of "We can't say, but fans will be surprised" or "there are no immediate plans", etc. I don't visit their website anymore either.
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 07:19:15 am »

I guess i'm lucky becaue DCD is satisfying the needs i have for my collection,which admittedy aren't great compared to most collectors.But i can see your points Tyroc,more and more people are becoming disillusioned and giving up due to such ridiculous decision making.

I was very seriously considering getting into the HOTDCU line myself but 3 waves solicited and no female character shown or hinted at is too much of a risk for me.If i commti to a line then i want a conprehensive shot at completing it.

Oh and Dozy,i'll be glad to grab one of those for you.However i must warn you i won't be there the first day and unless they evenly distribute them throughout the Con on separate days with such a small amount offered i don't like my chances.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 07:32:17 am »

OK, cool. Fingers crossed.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 08:01:07 am »

I was very seriously considering getting into the HOTDCU line myself but 3 waves solicited and no female character shown or hinted at is too much of a risk for me.If i commti to a line then i want a conprehensive shot at completing it.

I am quite looking forward to this line, but agree that not seeing a female buck in 3 series is a concern. I'm hoping that DCD will really commit to this line as a vehicle for bringing us some new characters as we've seen, but we all know DCD has commitment issues to anything but the interminable Superman / Batman line.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 06:29:36 am »

I am quite looking forward to this line, but agree that not seeing a female buck in 3 series is a concern. I'm hoping that DCD will really commit to this line as a vehicle for bringing us some new characters as we've seen, but we all know DCD has commitment issues to anything but the interminable Superman / Batman line.

I agree that this line has a hell of a lot of appeal,if they showed the same commitment to this as they are with their solicitations for Blackest Night figs then i'd feel a bit better.I'm not sure what they're holding back for,if this is DCDs answer to what Mattel's offering they need to pull their socks up a bit more and solicit at least one Female character in the next wave.They've got a great opportunity here if they can just follow through a bit more.Hell with Ocean Master,Creeper,Blue Devil and Manhunter already offered i'm thrilled but if there's no WW or Zatanna at least for starters i can't see figs from other lines mixing in so well.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 06:36:08 am »

I'm hoping this is going to be the place that DCD will offer not just the obvious but also some never done females like Mera, Katana, etc. Very keen to see what the female buck is going to look like. Maybe SDCC?
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 07:01:59 am »

That's what i was thinking,if they are serious about HOTDCU being an ongoing line then SDCC is the perfect time to preview more figs as it coincides pretty much with the release of the first wave and would hype it nicely.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 07:13:20 am »

Let it be so.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 07:15:36 am »

This is DCD we're talking about here, with their history of underwhelming at conferences. Don't get your hopes up.
Report Spam   Logged
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 07:30:31 am »

I like to remain optimistic.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 07:31:37 am »

Don't you mean:

This is DCD we're talking about here, with their history of underwhelming at conferences. Don't get your hopes up.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure