Action Figure Blues Forum
November 20, 2019, 04:09:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Harry Potter Half Blood Prince figures, Enterbay body 3.5, more SDCC coverage!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry Potter Half Blood Prince figures, Enterbay body 3.5, more SDCC coverage!  (Read 184 times)
Michael Crawford
Online Exclusive

QC: 101

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2009, 06:46:10 pm »

I haven't seen Harry Potter: The Half Blood Prince yet, but since I've been waiting for IMAX, and since it hits IMAX this weekend, I have full intention to hit it as well.  But I have already seen the new figures from NECA based on the film: Harry, Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley and Mad Eye Moody. It's tough to tell just how good the sculpts are (or aren't) because the paint demons seem to be hitting NECA again.

I also have a guest review from Jeff Parker covering the new Enterbay sixth scale body, the 3.5.  Hmmm, he's got me thinking that I might want to pick one of these up for some older Sideshow swaps....

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

I've also added photos from SDCC for Lego, Enterbay, SOTA, and Bif Bang Pow, as well as some additional photos for Sideshow!  I'm almost done with my coverage, with just a few small misc companies left to go. Over at Quick Stop this week, I put up my Top 10 Best and Worst from SDCC as well!  You can find links to all this stuff off the main page. Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 732

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:47:11 am »

Great stuff Michael, thanks again for the fantastic coverage!

I love that Kato...but yikes! Do I need to go on about the US$200 price tag?
Report Spam   Logged

Michael Crawford
Online Exclusive

QC: 101

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:06:03 am »

Well, you do get the full two outfits...Jeff Parker did a guest review of him at my site a little while back...

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_062609b.htm

But yea, he's $50 more than he should be, and with out the Green Hornet, an easy pass for me.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:57:57 pm »

Well, you do get the full two outfits...Jeff Parker did a guest review of him at my site a little while back...

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_062609b.htm

But yea, he's $50 more than he should be, and with out the Green Hornet, an easy pass for me.

Yeah, Jeff's review was great but I think the logic part of my brain had shut out the price tag!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 06:18:40 am »

You know i love most of Neca's stuff but those HP figs are just so far off for my mind.
The Sculpt whilst getting the basic essence of the characters look barely anything like the Actors which is a shame because they've managed to pull it off before.
The Paints are just ordinary all around,which is a disappointment.All in all for Neca these seem rushed and sloppy and far from their usual standards.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 06:59:15 am »

You know i love most of Neca's stuff but those HP figs are just so far off for my mind.
The Sculpt whilst getting the basic essence of the characters look barely anything like the Actors which is a shame because they've managed to pull it off before.
The Paints are just ordinary all around,which is a disappointment.All in all for Neca these seem rushed and sloppy and far from their usual standards.

Given there are so many companies doing really good things at the moment you'd think people would be upping their game a bit wouldn't you?
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 07:53:10 am »

Well i guess that's what kinda stumps me with Neca.They generally do great dynamic stuff both sculpt and paint-wise.I own a few pieces of theirs and it's all been high quality.
So it baffles me that they would turn out such a poor representation of their work,especially with such a huge property as Harry Potter.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:55:09 am by FB » Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure