Action Figure Blues Forum
December 14, 2018, 05:03:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

TRU facing banksruptcy?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRU facing banksruptcy?  (Read 761 times)
Boy Wonder
Limited Edition

QC: 98

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 06:38:20 am »

Good question, PTB.  There are metric tons of toys and collectibles out there that neither store carry.  A dude over on the ORG said he heard something about TARGET starting to have an Adult Collectible section that's completely separate from the toy section.  For example, that might be where they would stock those upcoming Vintage style MOTU figs if they decide to carry them.

Well NECA announced that Target is going to be carrying their products, so this is starting to look more likely
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 729

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 02:42:42 am »

My local TRU is now a minimum of 50% off. I finally picked up things like the Star Wars Black Rey/Speeder, but honestly, it felt like I was fleecing a corpse. The staff wander around like zombies, uncaring despite there being shit everywhere. There's crap all over the floors in the aisles and always a huge line of people waiting for the price check machines despite everything scanning at 100% with the discount being applied at the registers.  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 640

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 10:38:27 am »

Why would you give a shit? The people that stay while the company is going under amaze me. I get they don't often have much choice, but damn that has to be the most demotivating thing ever.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 04:34:17 am »

Why would you give a shit? The people that stay while the company is going under amaze me. I get they don't often have much choice, but damn that has to be the most demotivating thing ever.

Truth.

I was there again yesterday and there was one employee zooming around trying to reorganise the mess. She was grabbing things off the floor and then re-homing them appropriately. If anyone was deserving of a hug and a medal for endurance it was her.
Report Spam   Logged

kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 185

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 11:25:15 am »

Some news today -- the board isn't quite ready to liquidate all of the assets -- apparently. The want to retain rights to the stores and the giraffe! So maybe TRU will live again online?
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 12:21:11 pm »

I hadn't thought of them going exclusively online.  How do they compete with Amazon though if that's their only meal ticket?  Any new avenue to get toys though is always welcome!
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 11:42:46 pm »

I hadn't thought of them going exclusively online.  How do they compete with Amazon though if that's their only meal ticket?  Any new avenue to get toys though is always welcome!

Isn't that one of the reasons they're in the boat they're in? In the late nineties when online shopping started to look like a thing they farmed their stuff out to Amazon. Thus ensuring people went to the Amazon site as the first port of call.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1148

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 12:27:57 pm »

Not seen this anywhere yet.  Heard it on the radio.  Toys R Us will be taking over the toy aisles in 600 Krogers across the country for Christmas.  As I said, unconfirmed so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 05:53:50 pm »

The King Soopers (local Krogers) have been expanding into more department-store type stuff lately.  Some even have half-way decent toy aisles.  It might make sense to let a third party handle the Christmas rush.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1148

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2018, 10:48:38 pm »

Iíve heard a bit more:

Seems itíll be a literal box called Geoffreyís Toy Box.  The radio report made it sound like theyíd be taking over a part of the store.  Not a glorified point of purchase display.  The local stores vary widely.  Some are just groceries.  Others have more general merchandise.  The largest has about two and a half dedicated toy aisles, including some discount stuff.  I saw Morbius there for nine bucks a while back.  Iíve seen both Marvel Legends and Multiverse in Krogerís.  Also WWE and some Transformers.  Donít recall if there was any Star Wars Black.

Anyhow, thatís what I thought TrU was taking over.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 09:34:54 pm »

I wonder if there's any hidden warehouse stock still left?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure