Action Figure Blues Forum
October 19, 2017, 04:10:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Best Marvel Legends Hulk?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Marvel Legends Hulk?  (Read 233 times)
spider-ben
Pegwarmer

QC: 4

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2017, 07:56:27 pm »

I'm a born again Marvel Legends collector and I'm in the process of filling in a lot of characters.  What do you guys think is the best Marvel Legends Hulk figure?  I'm only looking at comic based versions. Thanks!!
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 75

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 07:59:58 pm »

Face off Hulk (2 pack)
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
spider-ben
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:45:07 pm »

Cool thanks. That's the one I've been leaving towards and I like the head sculpt a lot too.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
The Complete Monger

QC: 544

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 10:01:40 pm »

Yeah, you really can't top him.  I quite like the one from the 2-Pack with Valkyrie because it's so solid, but the ball jointed hips and overly-angular features make it a runner-up.
Report Spam   Logged
Boy Wonder
Chase Figure

QC: 88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 10:17:35 pm »

Face off is the best so far, but with how Hasbro has been knocking stiff out of the park lately, I suspect they'll deliver a pretty definitive Hulk soon.
Report Spam   Logged
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 184

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 10:25:50 pm »

Definitely the FO Hulk.

Love the Smart Hulk, too.

And King Hulk.  

Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Convention Exclusive

QC: 376

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 03:14:14 pm »

Why in the flying hell won't anybody give HULK 2 closed fists!??  He's kinda known for smashing and punching things.
Report Spam   Logged

"Here's another fine mess you've gotten us into...."
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 712

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 08:18:17 pm »

Face-off for the win.

Noting there's two different head sculpts.
Report Spam   Logged

spider-ben
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 09:21:19 pm »

Do you guys think that the Marvel Select Hulk figures are at a good scale?  It's a slightly more affordable option to start and I already have Red Hulk in that scale.  Tonight I picked up the Disney Store Exclusive Planet Hulk as well (comic version of course).  I haven't opened Marvel Select to compare scales yet. 
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 712

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 10:25:18 pm »

Do you guys think that the Marvel Select Hulk figures are at a good scale?  It's a slightly more affordable option to start and I already have Red Hulk in that scale.  Tonight I picked up the Disney Store Exclusive Planet Hulk as well (comic version of course).  I haven't opened Marvel Select to compare scales yet. 

Hulk scale is a bugbear of mine. I got booted from a facebook group for pointing out to a mod that his Avengers group pic looked odd because he was using the rotocast 13" Hulk with 6" Marvel legends figures. He said the Hulk should be gigantic.....I said "if you want, but it's inaccurate" and linked the Marvel Wiki which says the biggest Hulk is the smart Hulk who is 7'6". Banned!

I personally think the Select Hulks are oversized for ML.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 335

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 07:19:12 am »

Face Off is tops in my book. I'm also partial to the First Appearance Hulks, and the Two-Pack Hulk that came with Valkyrie.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Boy Wonder
Chase Figure

QC: 88

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 07:33:22 am »

Hulk scale is a bugbear of mine. I got booted from a facebook group for pointing out to a mod that his Avengers group pic looked odd because he was using the rotocast 13" Hulk with 6" Marvel legends figures. He said the Hulk should be gigantic.....I said "if you want, but it's inaccurate" and linked the Marvel Wiki which says the biggest Hulk is the smart Hulk who is 7'6". Banned!

I personally think the Select Hulks are oversized for ML.

Select MIGHT have some kind of precedent, but a 13' Hulk is ridiculous. Be proud you got kicked out for being right. Like I am for getting kicked off of Se-men.org

Whatever size Juggernaut is, is fine with me for Hulk. Not completely classic, but not ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:37:33 am by Boy Wonder » Report Spam   Logged
spider-ben
Pegwarmer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 09:37:10 am »

What's always difficult with scale is that depending on the era and the artist's interpretation, he is always depicted differently.  I suppose I could just use the Select until I get a Legends and just say he's really mad and that's why he's so big.  Haha.

I remember a line somewhere during Work War Hulk where he said he was his strongest he's ever been because he's so mad.  I think it was while fighting the X-Men.  I'll use that for my rationale for now.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Convention Exclusive

QC: 376

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 02:03:13 pm »

FISH, It's ridiculous that you were banned for pointing out an actual comic book fact, but we all know how 'sensitive' some of these boards can be. 

SPIDER-BEN made a good point about the artists.  Do you guys ever look back at some of your 90s comics?  Jesus....it was the decade of drawing heroes with pin heads, bulging veins, and ridiculously massive bodies.  Soooo much excess!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:31:11 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

"Here's another fine mess you've gotten us into...."
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 184

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 08:16:21 am »

Considering the recent size increase of several figures (over-sized, IMO), I wouldn't fault you for using a Select Hulk for a display, seeing how he's generally depicted as quite a bit larger than most non-Galactus types.  Most ML Hulk figures are probably too small compared to the newer comic-based Thor MLs or the Wrecking Crew.
Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth