Action Figure Blues Forum
June 23, 2018, 02:17:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Avengers: Infinity War **SPOILERS**

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War **SPOILERS**  (Read 677 times)
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 602

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 09:22:57 pm »

Nah, I think Hulk's just scared because he's never had his ass handed to him before.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 724

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 10:30:27 pm »

"Sweet Rabbit" was one of my favourite moments in the film.

I'm assuming that since banner survived the "ending" that Hulk will make good in the next film. I'm not sure where Ruffalo sits in terms of wanting to continue as Banner. It's unlikely that Evans or Downey Jr. will continue in their roles. Hemsworth was also due to finish, but I suspect that Thor 3 has shown him where the character is capable of going (and the hefty paycheck that might come with a subsequent movie, etc)
Report Spam   Logged

Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

QC: 384

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 02:49:09 pm »

A friend of mine and I have been discussing what may happen with this franchise after Avengers 4.  Do they just add new, different Avengers?  Do they split off into an Alternate Universe?  Do they say the heck with the Avengers and go in another direction, maybe New Warriors, The ( real ) Defenders??

Simply recasting seems kind of weird now, so what happens?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:07:43 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 187

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2018, 11:06:10 am »

I doubt a full reboot would be in the works, so we gotta say goodbye to quite a few of the original Avengers while adding new characters.  My hope is that all the newly re-acquired licenses from Fox will start to be added to the MCU proper in a few years.  Galactus could be your large, looming threat for several movies.  The Guardians could have run-ins with a couple of Heralds.  Maybe even have the group failing to stop the big G from devouring a planet to show how futile a fight against him is, then finding out from Dr. Strange at the end of a flick that a certain silver Herald is currently on Earth.  Meanwhile Magneto is pitted against a small group of mutants and an Avenger or two, which builds towards the after-Galactus phase.  Dr. Strange might be a great way to bring the FF and Doom into the MCU, with Strange exploring weird dimensions (trying to find a way to combat Galactus) and finding Reed staring back at him from the other side of a portal thanks to his advanced tech.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:12:04 am by bigraj » Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2018, 02:16:59 pm »

I also wondered if they may head in a different direction.  Maybe focus more on solo movies and single characters. 
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2018, 06:32:17 pm »

Most of the other actors are still under contract. No one will miss Scarlet. I think Falcon or Bucky will step up and wield the shield for Cap.
The odd one out is Downey. Would Cheadle step up and wear the armour? To the citizens of their "world" they'd not notice, but to the audience, Downey is a big part of the success. Maybe Paltrow as Rescue? Stark also brings the smarts, but he could be replaced by Panther's little sister.
Report Spam   Logged

Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2018, 01:28:50 am »

Marvel has absolutely established a very strong, very recognizable brand.  But without Downey, Evans, and Hemsworth, is it still lightning in a bottle?  Can The Avengers continue with a rotating cast of characters/actors?

Or will they go with an alternate universe?  I don't really see that happening, but who knows??
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:33:39 am by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 602

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2018, 12:28:15 pm »

I think they'll continue to make over a billion rotating in others.  I don't see Disney worried anytime soon.
Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 77

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 01:59:54 pm »

I agree with them continuing to rotate with new characters.theres still characters like simon Williams and Hercules and she hulk to explore.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
The Complete Monger

Ex-Robin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2018, 03:40:14 pm »

PTB, I would LOVE to see HERC and SHE-HULK appear!   

And me being a huge fan of Street Level characters....I would flip shit if BLACK KNIGHT showed up.  3D MAN would be great, but I can't see that happening. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:43:47 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 04:15:59 am »

Obviously Wasp is on the radar now too. They certainly make out that she's very capable in the new trailer.

Black Knight is one I just can't see happening. How does that translate to live action in this modern setting?

Wonder-Man and She-Hulk I can see happening, especially the latter if they rotate out Hulk.

Namor?

Report Spam   Logged

bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 11:27:30 am »

Namor?

We've got aliens, trees, gods, wizards, and racoons, why not a human/merman mutant with ankle wings?  Once they start bringing in all the Fox properties, Namor should be among the first to get screen time.
Report Spam   Logged

powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 77

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2018, 12:18:31 pm »

so if Thanos wiped out half the universe because there wasn't enough resources how come he didnt use the IG to create more resources?
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2018, 12:39:13 pm »

More fun to kill?

Before gathering the gems, his method of killing half the population of a planet had the effect of turning those worlds into a paradise.  Since the method works, he's had no reason to consider alternatives.  He might be spending some time between movies reflecting on his actions and do a Dr. Strange type of reality exploring with the gems.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2018, 04:05:32 pm »

so if Thanos wiped out half the universe because there wasn't enough resources how come he didnt use the IG to create more resources?

This was my comment too. Thanos' motives are silly when you remove the worshiping of Death angle.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure