Action Figure Blues Forum
August 14, 2018, 03:59:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Happy New Year! Six weeks to New York Toy Fair! Whatdaya wanna to see!?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy New Year! Six weeks to New York Toy Fair! Whatdaya wanna to see!?  (Read 2000 times)
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1145

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2018, 06:26:46 pm »

Yeah.  Like Red Skull with a swastika as a factory paint app.  Disturbing.  Who signed off on that?
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2018, 07:58:04 pm »

Dc Multiverse Lobo
Killer Frost
Wesley Shipp Flash
Lynda Carter WW
Classic Reeves Superman
Rebirth Cyborg
Jason Todd
mr zsasz
killer croc
blight
enchantress

Wonder Woman with clayface extra parts is the god of war ww wearing armor which already been revealed long before clayface

So what do we actually have here if any of this is true other than the semi deluxe media figures?  Kilmer/Batman and Shipp/Flash basically confirm the Carter/Wonder Woman.  Reeve(s) Superman is an unknown.  It's been said that the estate of Christopher Reeve is not licensing his likeness at this time.  Dunno how true that is.  George Reeves, no clue. 

As for the rest:

Lobo:  No longer a retail embargo on the guy, it seems being a genocidal mass murderer doesn't preclude you getting an action figure.  Especially if you're a member of the JLA.

Killer Frost:  This could be JLA (which is what I suspect) or it could be TV Team Flash Caitlin Snow.  Tossup.

Rebirth Cyborg:  Not a question of if, but when.

Jason Todd:  Gonna assume this is Red Hood, not Jason as Robin.  Maybe my most wanted Rebirth figure.

Mr. Zsasz:  Not sure here.  Are ya gonna make an action figure of a scarred up serial killer and try to sell him in Wal-Mart?  This is a little thin.

Killer Croc:  Since he was done as the Suicide Squad C&C, I'm thinking this is a much better comic book Croc.  But he probably shoulda been C&C sized.

Blight:  As Chooch said, without a new Batman Beyond figure, this one doesn't make much sense to me. 

Enchantress:  This one could go either way.  Comic or movie.  Still hoping for comic accurate.  If she come out with Croc, it means they're starting to build another team.  Suicide Squad ('bout time).

Finch Wonder Woman:  Known about this one for a while.  Nice if she actually shows up.  Likely a Wal-Mart exclusive.   

80's/Byrne Bizarro:  Disappeared for now. 

Rumored Aquawoman:  Still a rumor.

Most of these lists are way off.  But NYTF 2018 is a month away.  It's fun to speculate.     
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2018, 10:03:31 pm »

Just as an aside, this is Aquaman's year.  The film comes out in time for Christmas.  The comic is very good.  Mera is getting her own six issue mini series next month.  Aquaman's progeny are in two other books.  He's a member of the Justice League and is a player in Metal.  Yet no Aquaman figures?  Clearly we have no idea whether this leaked list is correct, but if it is, why no Arthur and company?

And if the list is made up, no one thought Aquaman was a big enough deal to fudge him onto this list.   Huh? 
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2018, 05:25:23 pm »

DC Comics Multiverse Blight Action Figure

DC Comics Multiverse Green Croc Action Figure

DC Comics Multiverse Wonder Woman Action Figure

DC Comics Multiverse Killer Frost Action Figure

DC Comics Multiverse Green Lantern Action Figure

DC Comics Multiverse Classic Superman Action Figure

DC Comics Multiverse Freeze Girl Action Figure

Interesting overlap with Blight, Croc, and Killer Frost.  Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern are likely to be previously seen figures.  Freeze Girl still a mystery. 
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2018, 09:45:51 pm »

Latest rumor comes from an etailers presale page.  Spoiler, Beast Boy, and Kid Flash.  The first two I assume are comic characters.  Kid Flash could be comic or TV.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 613

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2018, 09:56:38 pm »

Probably Rebirth Spoiler, which I welcome, but you really can't go wrong with any of her costumes.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 384

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2018, 03:17:05 pm »

Crossing fingers for a KID FLASH I would like, meaning comic accurate white Wally or black Wally.  They recently did the TV version, so I think it's possible.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:55:41 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Not Fitting in and Being Weird Since Birth
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2018, 11:04:51 pm »

So according to Fwoosh, many of our Canadian friends (including Rod Keith) are finding the Shipp Flash and the Kilmer Batman.  No sign anywhere (even on the packaging) of the Carter Wonder Woman.

So gaming out the rest of these leaks/rumors (assuming any of them are correct), here is what I think we're looking at going forward. 

Classic Reeve(s) Superman:  Likely Christopher Reeve.  George Reeves might be a nice surprise.

Lobo, Killer Frost, and Cyborg help build out the JL/JLA lineups.  Big changes coming to the League after the conclusion of Metal so some of this may be moot.

Killer Croc and Enchantress:  Assuming comic accurate for both, this starts up a Suicide Squad lineup including some Bat baddies and associates like Katana, Harley, and Deadshot.  One of my most wanted figures is a comic accurate Rick Flagg.

Red Hood:  Expected.  No surprise.  Bring on Artemis and Bizarro!

Mr. Zsasz:  Bat villain.  No surprise except for the fact that he's a pretty disturbing character and maybe a tough sell in Wal-Mart.

Blight:  Makes no sense in the vacuum without a new Batman Beyond.

Wonder Woman, Superman, and Green Lantern:  WW and Supes are redundant.  Wouldn't be overly surprised to see multiple versions of both.  Green Lantern is probably not new.  Either Cruz or Baz.  WW could be the Finch New 52 version. 

Spoiler:  Probably Rebirth.  Putting Red Robin and Orphan 100% in play.  It also increases the odds on Azrael, Blue Jay, and Flamebird. 

Beast Boy and Kid Flash:  Again, I'm assuming comic accurate.  It's way too soon for these to be based off the new TV series.  Which hasn't started shooting.  Which means costumes haven't been finalized.  And as far as I know, Kid Flash ain't even in the lineup (yet).  This sets up a new Raven, a better Starfire, and Rebirth Aqualad.  Toys R Us Damian is pretty close to Rebirth so I don't see him getting redone.  Only thing I'm trying to figure out is why Spoiler and Kid Flash need to be deluxe?  Beast Boy makes sense in that he may have some animal forms that come with him. 

Aquawoman:  Hope this is true. 

Still want that Bizarro from the 80's.

EDIT: 

No indication of how many waves or store exclusives this will make up.  No clue on C&C's (or if we still get them).  And still no clue on "Freeze Girl".  Grin  If this stands up, I'm in for at least nine. 

It is also worth noting from comic book news sites that both Superman and Batman are getting new costumes soon-ish.  With more traditional looks.  Red underwear, yellow oval, etc.  Meaning those figures can't be far behind.       
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:27:57 am by Gardner Grayle » Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2018, 09:42:24 am »

One week to Toy Fair 2018!  They start on Saturday this year instead of Sunday.  I've not heard when the various presentations by Mattel, Hasbro, etc, are getting made.  Keep an eye out for previews and rumors. 

I'll probably do another DC figure analysis later in the week.  Can't wait, can you?   Cheesy Wink 
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 725

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2018, 03:17:49 pm »

I'm keen for Hasbro's ML and SWBlack. Legends just keeping pumping out. There's a "Beast" pic getting around that could be a B.A.F.

I just ordered the Dewback to show my support for the bigger ticket items.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2018, 06:50:05 pm »

There's a saying on another MB that I frequent that goes like this: 

"If you hear a rumor about Marvel Legends, it's probably true.  If you hear a rumor about DC Multiverse, it's probably false."

I can get behind that statement.  So now that we're getting actual news a few days ahead of NYTF 2018, I think we're out of the rumor zone.  So without further ado, my analysis of the stuff I actually pay attention to. 

DCC:  We have a heartbeat.  Faint though it is, they did show us some new stuff today.  Comic accurate to boot.  Based on the Johns/Frank opus, Doomsday Clock.  Maybe there's some more to come. 

Marvel Legends:  IMHO, SDCC and NYCC 2017 were not particularly spectacular for MLs.  But they are consistent.  Split movie waves with comic accurate figures mixed in.  Some classic but mostly modern.  MLs has been teasing out bits and pieces for a few weeks now.  I think they drop the hammer this weekend.  ML fans get set for what I believe will be a spectacular show for Hasbro:  1) Because of what's been teased .  And 2) To make up for a couple of yawners in a row.  I predict Avengers out the ying this year.         
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2018, 07:16:49 pm »

Now to Multiverse.  What I actually buy/collect:

Rumors have come fast and furious this season.  Only ones correct so far are the JWS/Flash and the Kilmer/Batman.  Only in Canada so far and nothing official from Mattel about them.  I think the Carter/Wonder Woman is basically confirmed but we should see her this weekend.  As for the George/Christopher Reeve(s), I got nothin'.  No clue if this is true or not.  But it would be a dream come true for a lot of fans if the Christopher Reeve figure came to pass.

I'm pretty confident of these next figures as they keep coming up in rumor waves:  Lobo, Red Hood, Croc, Cyborg, and Killer Frost.  All but the last are probably comic accurate.  KF is probably 50/50.  There seems to be a discrepancy as to whether Lobo or Croc is the C&C.  I'm personally hoping for Croc.

I'm not too confident is Blight, Zsasz, and Enchantress.  Blight just doesn't fit with what Mattel has been doing.  Zsasz is a tough sell at retail.  Enchantress could be movie or comic.  But why pair her movie version in a wave with a comic accurate Croc?  If both are comic accurate it's the start of Suicide Squad team building.

And as for the figures up for advance sale at paulmart.com, it's been pointed out that all three (Spoiler, Beast Boy, and Kid Flash) are members of the team in the upcoming season of Young Justice.  Although Kid Flash would likely be Bart Allen.  There are, of course, other possibilities as well.  For all three. 

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict we see something that's not been rumored.  A few surprises.  A wave of surprises maybe.  Multiverse seems to be gaining back some of the DCUC momentum from 2008-2010.  They need to keep it going.  And of course comic accurate will be defined as Rebirth looks.  I doubt "classic" is a factor anymore.           
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2018, 07:49:44 am »

I'd also like to add that I'm hesitant when someone says Mattel may be bringing back the Young Justice styled figures.  That didn't work out so good the first time around.  I'm not too sure why they'd do it again so soon. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure