Action Figure Blues Forum
November 20, 2018, 07:52:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Shazam!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shazam!!!  (Read 528 times)
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 385

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2018, 09:43:01 pm »

Since I'm using my phone, I can't post any links.  But has anybody seen Zack Levi in costume?  It's actually right out of the comics.  No sculpted leather...no muted colors.  It's an actual, honest to goodness, CAPTAIN MARVEL costume.

Also, this is said to be a fun, family film.  Totally different direction from WB's normal dark, grim, casuality filled gray-fest .

Just Google Zachary Levi Shazam costume.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 09:49:21 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Not Fitting in and Being Weird Since Birth

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1145

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:17:39 pm »

I'm just not getting my hopes up for much of anything anymore.  While the comics are good and getting better, just about everything else DC is doing now is disappointing.  If Shazam is great, fantastic.  If not, I've got a pile of comics and trades to read.  I can happily ignore the rest. 
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:35:26 pm »

I hear ya, GARD.  I'm not excited about it either, but I found it very interesting that they were going in a different direction. 
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 1145

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 10:47:26 am »

Don't get me wrong, this could have potential.  I'm just not holding my breath.  I'm more interested in what they do for toys from this movie that I am in the movie itself. 
Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 78

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 07:08:45 pm »

shazam is a favorite of mine when I was little but i'm not feeling this movie yet.It looks like they are doing it like the gary frank arc a while back which I can see as a modern movie.I'm surprised how much the costume is taken from the modern look.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 185

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 01:07:30 pm »

I keep seeing all these new stories about the costume --  yet not one pic! Was this a leaked image that got taken down?

If they are giving him padded costume -- that's a disappointment.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 11:47:02 am »

Well it's about effin' time.

Not bad --- but have to say those boots looks ridiculous -- much worse than buccaneer style boots! I'm pretty sure, though, that the are padding the costume to achieve Captain Marvel-level anatomy.

https://www.cbr.com/shazam-movie-first-look-zachary-levi/
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 634

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 12:58:23 pm »

Outside of the boots I quite like it.  I do like the button-flap look he's sported from time to time, but I could see why they went with something simpler.  Over-complicated costumes were a part of the "seriousing" of super-heroes.  Cap should be pure.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 01:34:29 pm »

He looks pretty darned great, but I agree about the boots.  Obviously, this is a huge departure from Zack Snyder's "All Dark All the Time" DCEU.

I'll bet the Civilians won't even guess this is a DC flick, and that's probably for the best.  Can you imagine the confusion if this was called CAPTAIN MARVEL!??
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:54:39 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 04:17:30 pm »

I've been thinking about this movie.  For me, Captain Marvel - while a boy inside a grown up's body - never really acted much like a kid.  By the time I was reading comics he was pretty well established and seemed to have shaken off being childish.  When he was shown to be kid-like it was always a 1940s-50s gee-whiz kid.  This movie will be more like Tom Hanks in Big, except a 2018 kid.  It'll be a much different experience than I was initially expecting, but I bet a fun one.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 04:45:56 pm »

I just can't see him ever fighting Dwayne Johnson's BLACK ADAM.  ADAM just seems too heavy and dark for this version of Captain Marvel.  Granted, that just speculation.
Report Spam   Logged

Josey Wales
Limited Edition

QC: 93

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 10:28:24 pm »

Chooch, iirc, it's based on Johns' reboot In New 52 JLA. I couldn't stomach the take on JLA but I really enjoyed the Cap story before I dropped JL.

And Y1R, it's hard for me to imagine the Rock as a bad guy. He's usually a fixture on family movie night as the hero.  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Bronze Age Robin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 06:28:46 am »

I'm right there with ya, Dusty.  What's even weirder is that, apparently, he was offered the role of Cap Marvel OR Black Adam, and he chose the villain.  Who knows if that will even happen, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 07:46:55 am »

Later Black Adam was more of a sympathetic villain though.  That may have appealed to him.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 07:55:39 am »

I've been thinking about this movie.  For me, Captain Marvel - while a boy inside a grown up's body - never really acted much like a kid.  By the time I was reading comics he was pretty well established and seemed to have shaken off being childish.  When he was shown to be kid-like it was always a 1940s-50s gee-whiz kid.  This movie will be more like Tom Hanks in Big, except a 2018 kid.  It'll be a much different experience than I was initially expecting, but I bet a fun one.

Well, he is a kid, but as Cap -- he has all the Shazam powers including the wisdom of Solomon. So though he's more mature intellectually as Cap, he's not more mature emotionally. It's a subtle difference, but I hope the filmmakers realize it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure