Action Figure Blues Forum
December 09, 2019, 10:32:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The DC/McFarlane thread.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The DC/McFarlane thread.  (Read 1052 times)
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1146

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2019, 10:47:31 pm »

Allegedly, that is the first wave.

But there was another guy on there a couple of weeks ago who said he saw new McFarlane DC SKUs in the Walgreens computer system.  Seven SKUs with one repeated.  Which Iím guessing would be an exclusive or a variant.  No descriptions were available, just the number.  Iím not really buying into any of it yet.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 732

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2019, 06:23:44 am »

"Oh cool, 7 inch scale will be awesome!".....said no one ever.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2019, 06:54:41 am »

Oh no.  Let me assure you that there are a bunch of Fwooshtards that are just peeing their pants over 7 inch scale.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 700

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2019, 07:44:02 pm »

I do think it's a legit observation that scale will likely be irrelevant because no McFarlane figure will stylistically fit with DCUC.  He's not for universe or even team building.  He's for cool singles.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2019, 11:04:58 pm »

Not really.  As a former Spawn collector, he did many themed waves for various properties.  Plus cool singles are great and all, but I was under the impression he got the gig to go nose to nose with Marvel Legends.  Increase DC’s retail shelf presence.  And yeah, stylistically, I doubt seriously we get the Jose Luis Garcia Lopez 1982 style guide treatment that Bruckner started up with at DCD in the early 2000’s and the 4H followed up with in DCSH/DCUC.  Todd’s not doing that for sure.  At any scale.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 184

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2019, 04:14:16 pm »

I have serious doubts that Todd's line will be anywhere near as universe-building as Marvel Legends or even DCUC. That first projected wave does not say universe-builder to me.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2019, 06:40:33 pm »

The working theory is that heís trying to cover all the bases in six inch scale.  Testing the waters to see what works.  Heís not going to get any sales data about Multiverse from Mattel, and DCC sales data wonít help with retail.  Outside of pro sports, DC is the biggest license Toddís ever had.  Going heavy in the big names and Batman should be expected.  As much as I hate it.  And Iím not convinced yet that the lineup is totally accurate.  If it is accurate, 8/13 of the figures are supposedly comic accurate.  Better than the 50/50 split I was expecting.  Itís tough to Universe build in three years.  Even team building is gonna be tough.  If Todd gets a four or five year extension very quickly, then I think weíll see more long term thinking and planning.  At least I hope so.  All of this looks like a DCC lineup.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure