Action Figure Blues Forum
June 19, 2019, 03:44:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SyFy's HAPPY cancelled

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SyFy's HAPPY cancelled  (Read 32 times)
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 186

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2019, 06:12:00 am »

The Chris Meloni series based on an Image Comics series by Grant Morrison has been cancelled after two seasons. The second season apparently struggled in the ratings. The first season is doing well on Netflix, so there is a possibility of Netflix producing a 3rd season. It would likely depend on how well the second season of Happy performs once it is on Netflix -- only season one is currently available.

I recently finished the first season and would recommend it to anyone who likes a shot of heavy violence mixed with dark comedy and some elements of fantasy. I didn't realize this was based on a comic book when I started reading it. Didn't learn that until I was discussing the series with a friend who also reads comics. The premise is that Chris Meloni's character is an ex-cop turned hitman whose grade school age daughter is kidnapped by a psychopathic department store Santa Claus. Meloni is not aware that even has a daughter until her imaginary friend (voiced by Patton Oswalt) appears to seek his assistance in finding the girl. Other characters include the ex-wife, the ex-girlfriend who is a cop in service of a mobster, and the mobster's sister who is the star of a Housewives show.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1148

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 11:48:38 am »

I didn’t like Happy.  I did like Deadly Class which was also cancelled.  I’m a little pissed to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 186

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 12:21:45 pm »

I haven't seen Deadly Class, but I did like Happy. I could see people losing interest, though, after the first season.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1148

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 07:04:42 pm »

Apparently both shows are being shopped.  Probably to a streamer.  I'd guess Netflix or Hulu.  Amazon hasn't entirely embraced the "comics for content" strategy yet.  That may change if The Boys are a hit.   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure